Author Topic: Touchscreen Interface for Vera...download  (Read 59325 times)

Offline wlaurent

Re: Touchscreen Interface for Vera...download
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2013, 01:13:56 pm »
Hi Tim

Appears to work well with the Vera3 controller - which is quite a bit faster and more reliable than the previous versions.

1. Any progress on the code generator?
2. Care to share the source code?

I am a LV programmer, would like to see where you are at and perhaps colaborate on this project (or the other one you are working on).

- William

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2013, 01:41:14 pm »
Hi William,
I have not done anything with the Code Generator....I had trouble with the reliablity of the Vera and went a different direction. I would be interested to know if the Vera 3 is more stable and can it run without the internet.....on our yachts we just don't have internet all the time.
I would be happy to share all by Labview Code if that is something you are interested in.
Let me know.
Thanks
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Offline ballroller

« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2013, 01:55:26 pm »
Tim- would you mind telling us what you are using now in place of Vera?

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2013, 02:26:18 pm »
@ballroller,
I don't want to discourage the use of the Vera.....it is fine for most homes. In my world it has to work everytime you push a button and it has to work quickly. I just couldn't get that to happen.
As a result I switched to an all Leviton system. I have been using the Leviton serial module to send and recieve commands but I am playing with their USB adapter as well. I don't use the locks so Leviton is fine with me. I use the free Leviton software to setup my Zwave, save it file, program my remotes, program my zone / scene controllers, and to setup the serial interfaces. It is so nice to work with products that are all compatible with each other.....it's predictable! My zone and scene controllers work fast and consistent......everytime.
Regards
Tim

Offline wlaurent

« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2013, 08:14:12 pm »
Hi Tim

I would be very interested in reviewing the VI's. If you like you can email them to me at wlaurent@cox.net

Offline big517

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2013, 07:30:59 am »
So the Leviton is rock solid regarding scenes right?   What about a non Leviton brand switch in the network?  Does it compromise the success rate?

Does it also have rules you can program to set levels based on time of day for example?

I have the option of adding Leviton zwave controller to my elk system but all my switches are GE so I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks.

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2013, 09:00:10 am »
@wlaurent.....no problem, I will post the VI's later today......I will post them here so any other Labview programmers can have access.
@big517...scenes are rock solid when using Leviton Scene controllers with Leviton dimmers....
.years ago when I tested my first system I had GE dimmers.....at that time the GE dimmers had bugs when used with Leviton scene controllers. If I remember you couldn't set the scene by holding the button.....maybe it's changed, I don't know.
If you use a Leviton scene controller you want to use it the way it was designed......control by association....that way the controller talks directly to the dimmer and avoids delays.
Regards
Tim

Offline big517

« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2013, 10:14:40 am »
So it only offers creation of scenes and association of devices?  Nothing as far as automation.

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2013, 08:54:11 pm »
So it only offers creation of scenes and association of devices?  Nothing as far as automation.
That is correct.....you need the Vera to do automation...or something like it.

@wlaurent
Here is the link to the Labview source code...... https://www.box.com/s/kaff8l27p6w89afginm1

Let me know if you need anything else!
Regards
Tim

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
    • House Of Yu
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2013, 06:31:05 am »
do you mind if i use parts of your code to program a C++/C# application for windows which does not require labview or other external program to run ?
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2013, 11:58:22 am »
do you mind if i use parts of your code to program a C++/C# application for windows which does not require labview or other external program to run ?
Not at all......I only program in Labview so a program written in C++ would really be nice.
Good luck!
Tim

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
    • House Of Yu
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2013, 06:39:00 am »
Not at all......I only program in Labview so a program written in C++ would really be nice.
Good luck!
Tim
thanx :-)
i am currently working on a Visual C program for vera. the hardest part is the userinterface, where to put the controls and where everything should go to be usefull for controlling the vera. currently its set up by rooms which are in tabs above the control window. we have tiles for devices in every separate room which can be clicked. a bit like the UI5 interface but just with the controls in it, no settings and stuff. it works from the internet and on local network. just started on it so there is still a lot to do. going to look into the option to have several dimmers and switches on one page like you have in the labview interface, hence i wanted to ask you first if you are ok with that. the plan is to make a basic version that works and does all that is needed and then move on to make it a open source project so anyone can jump in and enhance it. was thinking about some basic theme which can be set by the user and perhaps some admin/guest/control-operator login. any feedback for how it should look in the end and good ideas are more then welcome. even a drawing of how the program should look like is welcome :-)
edit: made a topic for it http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15583.0.html
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:46:16 pm by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline maja

« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2014, 03:15:34 pm »
TimAlls, did you ever get around creating that C++/C# application? Also are there any alternatives to this project?

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2014, 06:34:00 pm »
Hi,
Look at the last blog....it was D_Jo Jo who was doing the C++ program.....I only write Labview code...sorry.
I am unsure as to any other window programs. Mine is quite old and probably outdated.
Good luck.
Tim Alls