We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Touchscreen Interface for Vera...download  (Read 109359 times)

Offline ballroller

Re: Touchscreen Interface for Vera...download
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2011, 12:49:01 am »
No.

In your Scenes tab, it shows a list of scenes available, but not what they do. Is there a way to depict what the scene actually calls for?

Tim,

Is there any way to show on the scenes tab some kind of reference as to what the scene is actually doing? ie can it show for instance 10 minutes before sundown turn on lights a, b, c and turn up the heat 5 degrees.....
I am not sure I follow you....are you referring to the button labels that activate the scenes?

Offline Henk

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2011, 01:28:58 am »
@ballroller

How about giving a scene a logical name?

something like: lights ON, shades DOWN, alarm ON, door LOCKED?

That would also make your life easier from within the UI and the names would simply port to Tim's application.
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline ballroller

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2011, 09:21:48 am »
I've already done that. I was just suggesting that having all of the information in front of you would make it much easier for the user to see what is actually happening with his/her scene production. I would imagine presenting that information in a logical, readable format would be very challenging, but Tim asked for our wish list...... ;)

Offline MNB

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2011, 12:30:10 pm »
It would be nice to be able to see the scene operating, in particular if one has set a timer to see that value and when it executed to see it count down useful when setting up motion detector and scenes with duration timers.

@TimAlls, .1009 allowed me to see my remaining devices (thanks), I also deleted my DAD since I wasn't using it for anything other than monitoring earthquakes... ;D
Observations;

1.  A lot of the tabs are informational data which is good but it would be nice if one could change value on the fly obviously within reason.

2.  The graph capability needs work, I would select a device but did not see anything being graphed like when I turned it on or dimmed a device.

3.  The layout needs thought re useability;
  • I would expect a operational tab that allows normal device condition status and operations for all devices (global status board). You have it but it's fragment within various tabs
  • Reporting Tab for reference information about devices/scenes
  • Scenario development and test Tab
  • LUA develop Tab
  • VERA Housekeeping and log Tab

4.  Would be nice to see a heartbeat indicating that app and VERA are communicating and that VERA is alive along with internet connectivity.

5.  Each tab needs a tutorial as to purpose and how to use suggestion(s)

6. With the capability to change aspects the ability to update VERA to reflect. Is it possible to change rooms titles and sequence and then update?

7.  The LUA example tab, it would be nice to have a list of functions to chose from and then be presented with the specific tabs. Looking at the current tab it looks like future examples will be contained in subsequent tabs?

v/r

Mike
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:02:16 pm by Michael_N_Blackwell »
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2011, 02:49:37 pm »
I've already done that. I was just suggesting that having all of the information in front of you would make it much easier for the user to see what is actually happening with his/her scene production. I would imagine presenting that information in a logical, readable format would be very challenging, but Tim asked for our wish list......
I am thinking on that one.....it will require the user to fill in the information....the system won't give me that info.....its possible

1.  A lot of the tabs are informational data which is good but it would be nice if one could change value on the fly obviously within reason.
Changing variables will be coming. As for setup and maintaining Vera that will always be done with the Vera UI.....beyond my capabilities....lets see how the next UI looks from MCV!

2.  The graph capability needs work, I would select a device but did not see anything being graphed like when I turned it on or dimmed a device.
The update button defaulted to off at the bottom left....my mistake...wait until you see what is coming!...the new digital graghs are going to make you drool! This is going to be a great tool for automated scenes with timers and also rental properties that the owner wants to know what is going on!....

3.  The layout needs thought re useability;
Lets wait until all the features are in place then we can rearrange the tabs to make sense.

4.  Would be nice to see a heartbeat indicating that app and VERA are communicating and that VERA is alive along with internet connectivity.
I like that....let me see what I can do.

5.  Each tab needs a tutorial as to purpose and how to use suggestion(s)
Agreed....too busy programming right now but it is coming.

Is it possible to change rooms titles and sequence and then update?
Yes...I will add it in.

7.  The LUA example tab, it would be nice to have a list of functions to chose from and then be presented with the specific tabs. Looking at the current tab it looks like future examples will be contained in subsequent tabs?
I have been holding on the code generator....I wanted to know from the Guroos if my methods are a good way to go.....creating variable to watch....etc.....no comments from anyone....
I am looking into other methods as well....eg a new pluginin, but I am in need of more education!

More to come....thanks for the great feedback!

How does the thermostat function work for you?

Regards
Tim Alls
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:52:39 pm by TimAlls »

Offline MNB

« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2011, 03:09:50 pm »
@TimAlls, thanxs for the comeback... understand your responses, as to the Thermostat, I like.. need to change the switch icon, looks like a rocker switch but acts like a radio button to allow one to update values. Also can I change thermostat.jpg to my 3-Gig thermostat faceplate? ::) Mike
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline ballroller

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2011, 10:02:12 pm »
Tim,

Just curious (coming from the uninformed in me!), why won't the system show you the information contained in a scene? Where is that data kept?

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2011, 11:42:40 pm »
Tim,

Just curious (coming from the uninformed in me!), why won't the system show you the information contained in a scene? Where is that data kept?
The information is all in the UserData output but I don't know how one could translate it into a simple statement like you asked for......EG all the Luup code is there but no way to extract a descriptive sentence......

Here is the latest with all the bugs reported so far fixed except for naming control pads within the pad.
I have the new flashing read light ....heartbeat feauture with error detection
Variable number of Thermostats
New Analog trend charts for all devices....record up to 5,000 points or events
New Digital trend chart for all devices.....translate dimmers into on off as well
   both charts have drop down device selection with stacked and overlay modes
   Time stamps all 5,000 points
And a few more fixes.

Regards
Tim

Version 1.011 download...
http://www.box.net/shared/eymnknxx10
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:41:05 pm by TimAlls »

Offline MNB

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2011, 04:12:20 pm »
I agree with @ballroller, would love to have the capability of viewing all of my scene code. 1stly because being able to archive/retrieve scene(s) data if something catastrophic would ever happen (Murphy s law), the other is that I would like to be able to cut/paste working code from one scene to another kind of like having a library of LUA code. Today I cut/past examples in a word document with some leading information.

Will try the latest version later today if possible. Mike
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:13:58 pm by Michael_N_Blackwell »

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2011, 04:52:29 pm »
I agree with @ballroller, would love to have the capability of viewing all of my scene code. 1stly because being able to archive/retrieve scene(s) data if something catastrophic would ever happen (Murphy s law), the other is that I would like to be able to cut/paste working code from one scene to another kind of like having a library of LUA code. Today I cut/past examples in a word document with some leading information.
What your asking for is possible. I can extract the code, I just can't derive its purpose...the user would have to do that.
Suggestion though......if some variables were added to Vera one could keep those unique description stored there so they could be parsed.....also try adding the description at the beginning of the code.....that could be extracted as well.

Warning.....scaling bug in 1.011....don't run in maximized mode....I fixed it but can't post until later tonight.
My observations on the new trend charts:
I need the settings to be saved on the charts as well....I think everything should be saved on exit.
I need lines between the stacked charts and to delete the Y Scale when stacked

Let me know what else you find.
I am running it on the touchscreen computer today and I see it need tweaking to make it work properly...EG the dimmer popup is annoying

Regards
Tim

Offline MNB

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2011, 08:40:13 pm »
@TimAlls, something is wrong with the digital report function, all I can see is your Salon devices, even when I try to select drop down.

Observations:
- What is the first column of the raw data tab
- Variable Watch tab, XML return needs a slider bar. Why in the variable window is column 6 labeled as password?
- Controls tab, Dimmer, the up/down switch (small) doesn't change values also the slide bar when you attempt to drag it, it moves but snaps back to previous value, only when the pop-up is selected you can can value, not very intuitive, if it switch and slider is to mimic the values then don't allow user interaction, only on the pop-up
- Device tabs, would be nice to see device status and battery status, its in the raw data

like the heatbeat indicator...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:05:37 pm by Michael_N_Blackwell »

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2011, 10:23:12 pm »
something is wrong with the digital report function, all I can see is your Salon devices, even when I try to select drop down.
I found the bug on the digital drop down....fixed
What is the first column of the raw data tab
It is the Category Number....placed by me so I can sort by Category
How a bout I hide that column since it is a duplicate?

Variable Watch tab, XML return needs a slider bar. Why in the variable window is column 6 labeled as password?
Scroll bar added....password...never scrolled over there! Deleted.
Controls tab, Dimmer
I have to rework the dimmers....not very friendly....tried them on the touchscreen, worked lousy!
Device tabs, would be nice to see device status and battery status, its in the raw data
If it's in the raw data I will see what I can do!
Were you able to try the Analog Trend Chart...I don't think it had any bugs...?

I fixed the scaling problem and I am fixing the SAVE configuration problem next.
I want to bug free it before adding any more features.....shouldn't take long

Here is version 1.012
I still have to fix the Save Configuration issue....its just being a [profanity redacted]!
http://www.box.net/shared/zo3piqz2yd
Regards
Tim
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:39:20 am by JOD »

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:24 pm »
This is update version 1.015
http://www.box.net/shared/49q8jk6bz25pb3zqdm19

I am coming down home stretch.....
The Save Configuration is now working
Added help dialogue for Digital and Analog Charting
Complete overhaul on the dimmers to make them touchscreen friendly....no popups, just slide!
Easy "Control Pad" setup....Names, Dimmers, Switches, and Scenes all setup and saved in same Tab
Screen Resolution stretching.....allows the window to be stretched in higher resolution

Introduced the Security Readout panel....for me it is the DSC window and door zones.

Bugs? let me know ....I think we are close.

The code generator is officially out of this version.....
I think it is too complex to have it here....it will be a standalone application when this one is finished and documented

By the way, I am using this program as a guide and developing a Universal Engine Monitor.
Beta testers will have to have an electronic diesel engine and a J1939  ModBus adapter....It will have all the features used in the Boeing 747 Engine Instrumentation Display!

Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Offline ballroller

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2011, 01:36:05 pm »
It's looking good. One more request- can you allow us to click on the top of a column to re-order the data in that spreadsheet? I would like to order by node number or ID number to help find the switches easier. For those of us with a lot of switches, this would be huge.

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2011, 01:46:57 pm »
It's looking good. One more request- can you allow us to click on the top of a column to re-order the data in that spreadsheet? I would like to order by node number or ID number to help find the switches easier. For those of us with a lot of switches, this would be huge.
I will take a look.....I have the code for it, just need to look at how to implement.
I think you will find the charting tools helpful if you are using timers and special luup code.
Regards
Tim