We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Report Generator, Trend Charts, and Variable Watch  (Read 25178 times)

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
Re: New Report Generator....with Screenshot
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 04:39:45 pm »
It might be useful to list those zombie scenes, because they clutter the GUI of the Smartphone plugin - and there is no easy way to identify zombie scenes that aren't attached to devices anymore.

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 05:35:51 pm »
I will separate them into there own table
You are right.... The idea is to report everything that is of value....
So i will make it available

After looking closer the only easy way to separate them is by using the "room 0" property. The bad news is that scenes that are unassigned are given a room 0 as well. So instructions will have to be given to assign your scenes to a room or they will fall in the room zero table. I think this is still a good option as long as I show both tables under the scenes tab.
Thoughts?

Tim
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 12:11:33 am by TimAlls »

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 06:03:35 pm »
I'm not quite sure, but isn't "notification_only" a discriminator for notification scenes?

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 02:20:56 am »
I'm not quite sure, but isn't "notification_only" a discriminator for notification scenes?
I wish it was that simple!....the name is given when you setup the notification......look at my attachment, the last scene was created by me turning on a notification and naming it "test". It is identical in every way to a normal scene. The scene before it "room zero" is a new scene created with no room assignment.....notice that it also is in room "0".
Based on that I am still of the opinion that the best approach is to have a special table for room "0". It should be rare to have no room assignment for a scene so this seems to be the best option.
MCV....is there a better file for me to parse? This is very confusing that these phantom scenes are included in the response....what is the purpose? Am I missing something?
Regards
Tim
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:44:42 am by TimAlls »

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 03:50:06 am »
Doesn't the JSON for your notification scene 'test' contain the attribute 'notification_only'? Are there 'normal' scenes that contain the JSON attribute 'notification_only'?

IMHO, MCV should think about shifting notification scenes to room -1 ... or add a Luup extension for identifying notification scenes.

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 10:49:58 am »
Doesn't the JSON for your notification scene 'test' contain the attribute 'notification_only'? Are there 'normal' scenes that contain the JSON attribute 'notification_only'?

IMHO, MCV should think about shifting notification scenes to room -1 ... or add a Luup extension for identifying notification scenes.
I just checked the raw JSON file and I am not getting any such attributes. By simply adding in that one notification to a security zone it created the scene "test" and it is identical to normal scenes. Does the SQRemote have this problem? If not what is their secret?
Tim

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 12:35:58 am »
@TimAlls,
See my comments here:
    http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6585.msg40838#msg40838

I suspect you're using the "sdata" instead of the older/larger "user_data2" format.  Given what you're trying to do for reporting purposes, you may want to switch over.

For control purposes, the sdata will do, but the reporting stuff likely will need the extra information/attribution from the user_data2.

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 01:30:42 pm »
Thanks Guessed,
I just checked with SQRemote and these notification scenes are Not filtered. If one has a lot of notifications it could be quite annoying to sift through them.
For my report function I am going to separate "room 0" scenes so that users know what is on the system. I think this will be enlightening for them. It sounds like this is a problem for a couple of the remote applications although one is filtering them out using the "notification_only" property.
Regards
Tim

Offline umtauscher

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 04:43:50 am »
Hi Tim,

I just posted in the first thread, then found version 3 and still only get garbeled information with the reporting tool.
I have attached the json file.
Maybe this will help.
Thanks again
Umtauscher

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 09:28:01 am »
Hi Tim,

I just posted in the first thread, then found version 3 and still only get garbeled information with the reporting tool.
I have attached the json file.
Maybe this will help.
Thanks again
Umtauscher
I was wondering how my software would handle a foreign language! Thanks for the JSON file.....I will plug it in today and post a fix tonight. Please let me know how the next version works....I have added a lot of features to it.
Regards
Tim

Offline TimAlls

Re: New Report Generator....NEW Version 4
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 05:59:04 pm »
This is the latest version 4 Report Generator:http://www.box.net/shared/q7meh22tze
New with this version:
Added support for Thermostats, Temp Sensors, Humidity, Light, and Cameras
Scene separation for room "0" (notification_only)
HTML report for scenes
Separate Tab for Dimmers and Switches
Separate Tab for Sensors
Separate Tab for Security
Separate Tab for Cameras

I need Beta Testers to check this out....I don't have the new devices on my system.
There is a problem running this program with the older firmware....I suggest using the latest .1245 firmware if possible.

Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Offline MNB

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 09:26:32 pm »
@TimAll, I like... here is some observations

In the lights tab see orange circles, the text has a"/" but the report show it as "\/". What is the Black circle for?

In the Scenes tab see orange circles, the text is incorrectly displayed it should be "Side Door "Night time" Light Entry" but is displayed as "Side Door \". Why two tabs Room 0 should be in the Scenes tab with the other rooms seems to be sequenced A-Z.

In the Misc Sensors tab see orange circles, the last two columns are askew. Also for the thermostats would have expected On/Off values for Heat or Cool
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:35:10 pm by Michael_N_Blackwell »
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 10:17:56 pm »
@Michael
Thanks for the quick response.
Everything was perfectly aligned on my machine so I am going to switch to a table control rather than the individual controls. The black circle is the index control for the array. When I switch to the tables it will be replaced with a scroll bar.
The extra characters are strange.....I will look at the raw JSON file and check it out.
I am adding control mode to the thermostats....what is the question on coolSP and HeatSP?
Regards
Tim
Stay tuned ....I will have a quick update late tonight!

Offline umtauscher

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 03:24:34 am »
@Tim,

thanks for the update. I just checked and I think, the sections in my setup confuse VeraReport4.
At least I see 2 of them populating the rooms table and after that everything is mixed up.
I really would like to stay in my older firmware, because everytime I changed it in the past , I had to spend at least a day to get it properly working again. I hope you can do something about it.

Cheers
Umtauscher

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 12:05:33 pm »
I have a new quikie version I am calling 4.5 that switches all the displays to tables and takes care of the misalignments.....I will try to compile and post it tonight. Thanks to all that have helped with it....I will be using the code to feed my new UI and the code Generator.
More to come
Regard
Tim