We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Report Generator, Trend Charts, and Variable Watch  (Read 25721 times)

Offline Henk

Re: New Report Generator....NEW Version 4
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2011, 12:14:24 pm »
Cool... i thought version 4 was an improvement over 3 already.
Tables are a bit quirky, but your already addressing that issue.

Will definately check out the 4.5 quicky release :P
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 01:37:12 pm »
IP address doesn't support : (IP address is 192.168.178.22:9000).

Category ID 18 has some extra data.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 01:40:00 pm by Ap15e »

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2011, 02:58:15 pm »
IP address doesn't support : (IP address is 192.168.178.22:9000).

Category ID 18 has some extra data.
Well it's getting closer! What firmware on you on? Your categories are not coming through.
Sloppy programing on my part.....cameras are picking up extra stuff (??are they all Cat 6's) and I stripped out the colons everywhere, bad idea.....huh.
If you will hang in there with me this will be a nice utility to have around....thanks.
Regards
Tim
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 03:01:07 pm by TimAlls »

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2011, 03:03:57 pm »
Cool... i thought version 4 was an improvement over 3 already.
Tables are a bit quirky, but your already addressing that issue.

Will definately check out the 4.5 quicky release :P
Thanks....your efforts here and all over the Forum are appreciated.
I hope the code I put together becomes a valuable tool....I just need to work the bugs out!
Regards
Tim

Offline ballroller

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2011, 03:42:14 pm »
Tim,

If you need more Json's to work with, I am happy to supply mine. Just tell me how to copy and get it to you. I have multiple  locks, thermostats, motions, dimmers, switches.

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2011, 04:16:49 pm »
What firmware on you on?

Screenshots are from a Vera V1@1.1.1186.

Your categories are not coming through.

Categories are OK (and not visible on the screenshot because I had to move the slider to the right to show the extra data ...).

cameras are picking up extra stuff (??are they all Cat 6's)

Everything is fine with the cameras. Yes, all devices are cat 6's.

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2011, 05:30:36 pm »
Tim,

If you need more Json's to work with, I am happy to supply mine. Just tell me how to copy and get it to you. I have multiple  locks, thermostats, motions, dimmers, switches.
That would be great....I need to add lock support next.
Run my program and goto the setup tab....press Json Report.
A new window will open with your raw Json file.
Copy the text and place it in a new text file using notepad or similar.
XXXXXX over personal stuff and save it.
Email to timalls@aol.com

Thanks Ap15e,
That is good new on the 1186....things have not changed to much....still works for the most part! (I didn't fix the colon in your IP yet...)

Here is the 4.5 quick fix:  http://www.box.net/shared/5x36fmqemm
I think we should be pretty close.....I want to add more print features but it is time to go on to more important things like Code Generators and new UI's!
(Added mode to thermostats.....check it out michael!)
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:39:18 pm by TimAlls »

Offline ballroller

Re: New Report Generator....NEW Version 4.5!!
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2011, 06:28:03 pm »
Tim,

Check your email.

Offline MNB

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2011, 11:48:52 am »
@TimAlls, looking better :D, The Thermostat table is fixed and thanks for adding its state.

Now for observations;
1. Tables Setup, Devices and Rooms need headers, like you done with the other tabs.
2. Scene Tab, why is Room 0 in a separate table, should be in the same table as the other rooms in room sequence.
3. Put colons back in at least for camera IP address with port address
4. fix the text that has a"/" but the report show it as "\/". (see previous post #26)
5. Fix the text that has "" but  the report show it as "\" and truncates the remaining text (see previous post #26)
6. In notice in the setup tab, that my device 18 has additional text same as Ap15e. my device 18 is a Light sensor with additional text such as Load time version....
7. It would be nice to only enter ones VERA IP address once (config file) and not every time one invokes the app.
8. Expand the Setup categories table to match the end of the JSON table
9. Human readable JSON table would be nice
10. Any possible way to see VERA's various log files without having to SSH? e.g. time up, event logs

Mike

Noticed that if I stay on the setup page that the Categories table values disappear, if I then sequence thru other tabs I see static data, if I select the last tab the table is blank, then returning to the setup tab it remains blank and then I seem to get a refresh. Also I tried to access my VERA via browser IP it appeared not to be communicating (took a longer than normal time before I got the dashboard, almost as if it was rebooting) I've not had this problem before (.1245).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:32:47 pm by Michael_N_Blackwell »
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline Henk

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2011, 11:57:34 am »
In addition to Michael_N_Blackwell

Maybe not only view all log files (be it stored in vera or on a removable usb dongle) but also be able to store them as readable textfiles.

| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2011, 01:54:27 pm »
@henk and Michael,
Very nice feedback...thanks.
The headers are easy.
The scene 0 separation is there for a reason. As it turns out every time a notification is created a matching scene is created. These scenes are useless to the user.....thus separate them. It keeps you from using them in your code. Now along with this is a request......alway put your scenes in a room. If you don't you valid scenes will get mixed in. I believe this to be a bug on MCV's part but quicker to just work around it than complain to the wind!
The ability to get more information would be easy using different request, but when I went through the data it generates your eyes will start to cross.
Guessed has a better way to Ssh the system....we need to post that one and freeze it!!!!!?????
I will check out some of the other issues. Ap15e didn't get categories outputted from his older firmware, anyone else running older firmware's?
More to come
Regards
Tim
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:37:15 pm by TimAlls »

Offline umtauscher

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2011, 02:14:40 pm »
Hi Tim,

nothing seems to have changed for my firmware as well. (I posted the json file already.)
The first line in rooms tab is calles "sections" then follow 2 section names instead of rooms.
Sceenes is empty, the deices tab mixes everthing, scenes, devices That's it!
My firmware is still    1.1.1047

Hope you will be able to do something about it.
Thanks
Umtauscher

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2011, 02:52:05 pm »
Guessed has a better way to Shh the system....we need to post that one and freeze it!!!!!?????
@Henk created this:
    http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Logon_Vera_SSH

to centralize the "How to SSH" information, so we can all start using that as a reference.  Should make things a lot simpler in the longer run.

@TimAlls, it might pay to manually run a few JSON's through jsonlint.com if they're looking a little dodgy, just to validate that they're ok.  In some cases, character encoding's will get in the way.  Specifically, for anyone with a "multibyte" encoded language (eg. Everything non-english if the file-encoding is UTF-8, for example).

I can't remember the character encoding used by MCV on their JSON files.  If you were "reading" these using an ASCII-only (or byte-by-byte) file reader then it'll likely break when it comes across the non-english stuff (which needs to be read char-by-char, using something that "knows" the file's encoding, eg. "UTF-8" or whatever)

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2011, 03:56:17 pm »
@guessed,
That could be my problem with other languages. I will try your method and see what I find.
Thanks
Tim
Hi Tim,

nothing seems to have changed for my firmware as well. (I posted the json file already.)
The first line in rooms tab is calles "sections" then follow 2 section names instead of rooms.
Sceenes is empty, the deices tab mixes everthing, scenes, devices That's it!
My firmware is still    1.1.1047

Hope you will be able to do something about it.
Thanks
Umtauscher

I haven't forgotten you! Guessed gave me some ideas, I am also looking at using the XML output as an option to take care of compatibility with the older firmware's.
More to come!

Offline TimAlls

Re: New Report Generator....NEW Version 5.0 with Variable Watch
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 12:36:11 pm »
Hi All,
The delay in the code generator was because of the need for variable watchdogs....
Here it is in my latest 5.5 version  http://www.box.net/shared/3802u66ek1
Under the Variable Tab, select device in drop down box and every two seconds Vera gives the variables associated with the device. Go to the Advanced Tab in the Vera UI if you want to add your own variables at the bottom. Examples of code are coming soon.

5.5 adds drop down menu to select Device and fixed bug not showing all the variables.
This is of course in need of Beta Testing so give it try and give me feed back......

Thanks
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:35:50 pm by TimAlls »