We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Setting associations for the ACT ZTW103  (Read 3137 times)

Offline jsed

Setting associations for the ACT ZTW103
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:08:58 pm »
Can anyone help with setting associations for this switch?

I keep getting "Failed at: Setting user association" when trying to set any group other than Group 1 and the double tap etc, does nothing.
I am setting the direct associations via the Device options; Associations Tab; Group ID; pick the devices...

Group 1 is working fine, but none of the rest- the ZTW103 is supposed to be able to handle 4 different groups.
Doesn't seem to matter what I try to associate in the other groups, just get the "Failed at" error.

I am running version: 1.1.1186, UI4, Vera 2.

Thanks!

Offline confuserated

Re: Setting associations for the ACT ZTW103
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 06:59:15 am »
I don't wish to be a naysayer but I have the dimmer versions of this switch family and the 'T' you have (but not integrated yet) but I'm not surprised you are having problems with the secondary functions.

I've had problems getting the 'double tap' to work with the zdm230 reliably, I can set the associations happily enough but it doesn't always do what it is programmed to do and the double tap itself seems to confuse the switch, so that if I don't get it right the first time then nothing works for a bit.

Consequently I've given up designing the lighting around this function and don't plan on using it (to the point where I've bought extra ZTM230 units to control the other functions)

Others may chime in with better experiences though...

Offline jsed

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:43:38 am »
@ confuserated

I was wondering if there was an issue with the family of these switches and Vera...or maybe its just the ACT switches!

I tried adding this switch to my network with a few different primaries after I found the secondary functions didn't work right away. (a long and painful process...) The Leviton controller didn't see any secondary functions to assign either.

Anyone else have different experiences?

I searched the forum but didn't find a threads where ACT secondary associations where the primary topic.

Offline confuserated

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 03:53:14 pm »
In my case I believe it's the ACT switch at fault as vera just prgrams the association which is held in the switch, any actions on those associations are then performed solely by the switch from what I've read on this forum.

Offline jsed

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 05:10:44 pm »
Anyone else have these (or any multifunction ACT switches) installed and working?

I have the ACT linked to an Evolve 20amp relay, and a Leviton dimmer for Group 1 at present.
Can't get anything to work in Group 2 etc.

Help!

Offline westguard

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:31:01 pm »
I'm not sure if this helps but I just had a similar experience.

I have two Evolve LTM-5 auxiliary switches I am using as a virtual 3-way switch (I was using GE 3-way switches but the control line became unstable and the lights started flickering!).

Anyway, so I had two 3-way set-ups. The first one I assigned to group 1 and it worked fine. The association worked fine.

I then set the 2nd 3-way set-up to use group 2 and selecting the LTM-5 and the GE primary dimmer. Every time it failed to set the association and in fact the LTM-5 auxiliary switch would lock up.

I then tried setting the 2nd set up to use group 1 instead. This worked.

So both sets of GE dimmer and LTM-5 auxiliary switch are set to use group 1.

I thought this would cause them to overlap but it seems the group ID numbers don't affect one another. Perhaps the group ID is local to the auxiliary controller itself and given that it can only control 1 group it would make sense that only group ID 1 is valid.