Author Topic: Clear interface for scene logic - possible  (Read 1729 times)

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
Clear interface for scene logic - possible
« on: May 27, 2011, 04:57:09 pm »
Back to beating the dead horse...

So far all user requests for conditional logic and IF, AND, OR clauses in scenes got rejected based on the ancient idea that if people can't learn Lua they sure don't know what AND is for. The other part was that it's kinda hard to design user interface that would be clear enough for average Joe to use - which could be true to some extent.

Yesterday I played with Tasker (clever Android app), and realized that this is one great example of how complex conditions can be shown in very intuitive way. Tasker offers way too much comparing to what people ask for vera, and it's still easy to understand.

I'd suggest MCV to take a good look at it - I'm not suggesting to copy the interface, but I do suggest to borrow the design approach.
Implemented like in Tasker, simple logic would be very accessible for average Vera user, and would make it more useable then it currently is.

My $0.02

Offline Henk

• Beta Testers
Re: Clear interface for scene logic - possible
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 05:08:02 pm »
Talking about 2 cents...(mine would be euro, not $)
What about an easy scene setup wizard? Creating the ability to create scenes for/from multiple conditions. devices and/or correlations.

Just a GUI implementing the Lua code underneath in a step by step approach, just like the setup wizard thats available now....only specifically for scene coding....

| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |