Author Topic: Honeywell TH8320ZW1000 thermostat...  (Read 29702 times)

Offline tinus

Re: Honeywell TH8320ZW1000 thermostat...
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 02:48:33 am »
This item is US only and not for Europe, does anyone know why?  ??? Or does this item also works in Europe?

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 08:52:21 am »
@tinus,

Welcome!

This item is US only and not for Europe, does anyone know why?  ??? Or does this item also works in Europe?
It's probably geared at typical U.S. heating/cooling solutions, and operates at the U.S. Z-Wave frequency.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline tinus

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 04:46:15 am »
Thank you for the information, i must have some patience.  :-\

Offline rels

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 07:03:25 pm »
Hi! Just got my TH8320ZW1000 in. I'm having trouble getting it on my Vera2 network. I'll prep the Vera2 for inclusion ( power it up with the battery, move it 1-3 feet from the thermostat, click the ZWave button on the Vera, and wait for the ZWave led to flash green. However, when I go into the installer and set the rf10 from 0 to 1, I get a "The action failed" error message on the thermostat.

Has anyone seen this error? I'll keep digging into this, but any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 08:35:18 pm »
Hi! Just got my TH8320ZW1000 in. I'm having trouble getting it on my Vera2 network. I'll prep the Vera2 for inclusion ( power it up with the battery, move it 1-3 feet from the thermostat, click the ZWave button on the Vera, and wait for the ZWave led to flash green. However, when I go into the installer and set the rf10 from 0 to 1, I get a "The action failed" error message on the thermostat.

Has anyone seen this error? I'll keep digging into this, but any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

I had problems (obviously) when I was trying to do this with my V1 dongle that had gone non-PRI.  Not so much trouble with the V2, but I did low-power with the Vera hooked up to power and network (long CAT5 cable, and our whole house is wired), and did the "wizard" add.

I did find that the Honeywell had a pretty short fuse to this failure message when I was having problems.  Barely a second before it gives up.

--Richard

Offline RylieGrite

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 09:42:39 am »
I tierd everything I could think of to try to get my TH8320ZW1007 enrolled with the vera2. ??? No Luck. anyone else have this problem? and solved it?

I tried to add it with half and full power, 2.x zwave and 3.x ,plugged in and on the battery, connected to my netork and not connected. Nothing works. The thermostat immedietly says failed all the time. What gives?

silviu.MCV

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 07:40:22 am »
Have you tried to exclude the thermostat first? maybe it was included in another z-wave network for testing purposes and they forgot to exclude it after the test.
Also it's a good idea to have the thermostat as close as possible to Vera when you include it.
If you still encounter issues you should send a trouble ticket to support.

Offline rcnap

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 12:10:11 pm »
Sorry RG.  I had no problems enrolling mine.  It was the first device in my network.  I'm not sure if that made it easier or not.

Offline jdingman

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 11:29:27 pm »
I tierd everything I could think of to try to get my TH8320ZW1007 enrolled with the vera2. ??? No Luck. anyone else have this problem? and solved it?

I tried to add it with half and full power, 2.x zwave and 3.x ,plugged in and on the battery, connected to my netork and not connected. Nothing works. The thermostat immedietly says failed all the time. What gives?

I had no problems pairing mine either.  I would just reset the thermostat and try again.  Press "system" then the 3rd and 5th squares at the bottom of the thermostat screen simultaneously.  Scroll through until you get to "0710" then change the number to "1" to reset.

After that, press the zwave button on Vera and pair again.  (I did not use the battery pack.  I just plugged it into the wall.)   Go back to the "rf10" on the thermostat and change it to "1".  That should work.  You may also go to "rf20" and change that to "1" to resend the node.

I hope the reset works for you.

Offline pderby

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 06:17:55 pm »
I just received a VERA 2 and two Honeywell TH8320ZW1007 Thermostats that I order from Amazon.  I had the non-Z-Wave Honeywell thermostats before.  My place is a 4 story townhouse with 2-stage gas/air conditioning on the bottom two floors and heat pump/emergency electric heat for the top two floors.

The install was easy.  Even though the thermostats are almost the same size the base plate is slightly different so I had to move the wires from the old base plate to the new base plate.  Programming the Z-wave version was almost identical to the older units except the z-wave doesn't show humidity or show the number of days left to replace the filter.

I did the pairing with the Vera 2 by using the external power supply with the Vera.  It took a couple of tries to get the sequence right between the Vera and the thermostat, but it did pair just fine.

I'm using iVera on an iPhone to monitor the thermostats.  They both respond to commands just fine, but don't show the fan status.  Both Fan Auto and Fan On are dim and don't seem to load from the Vera/thermostats when iVera is launched.

Not sure how all this hangs together and where to look in settings and elsewhere to see how the devices are configured for thermostats.  Anyone know how Thermostats are polled and data displayed on the Vera 2 and with iVera? 

Offline raskell

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 09:11:23 am »

I got ours Tuesday, but am waiting to drop them in until the weekend.  These are not a pop-off/pop-on replacement for our existing TH8320U1008s, so it's going to take a bit more work.  We have a hybrid system: heat pump with natural gas backup.  So I need to wade through the way the installer options are set currently and mimic them on the new guys.

Good to hear that Vera groks them.

--Richard

Did you get this STSAT to work with your Natural Gas emergency heat?  If so, do you have a fossil fuel kit installed?  I just had to abort using this STAT with my new HVAC system because it could not handle the fossil fuel natively as the other Honeywell 8000 pro's do.  It is frustrating that the combination of dual fuel and z-wave hasn't found favorable support yet without resorting to a fossil fuel kit.

Richard
Vera2, UI4, Trane/Schlage TStats(6), Schlage LeverLock, GE 3-wayswitches, WD HA14 3-way dimmers, Intermatic Outdoor Module, Hawking door/window sensor(s), VeraLite UI5, Everspring SM-103

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 11:09:33 am »

Did you get this STSAT to work with your Natural Gas emergency heat?  If so, do you have a fossil fuel kit installed?  I just had to abort using this STAT with my new HVAC system because it could not handle the fossil fuel natively as the other Honeywell 8000 pro's do.  It is frustrating that the combination of dual fuel and z-wave hasn't found favorable support yet without resorting to a fossil fuel kit.

Richard

I had assumed it would work.  But it's been summer here, so we've been in cooling mode since the stats arrived and I installed them.  Why do you believe they won't work with dual-fuel?  Does it say so expressly in the docs, and I missed it?

--Richard

Offline haveitall

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 10:09:23 pm »

Did you get this STSAT to work with your Natural Gas emergency heat?  If so, do you have a fossil fuel kit installed?  I just had to abort using this STAT with my new HVAC system because it could not handle the fossil fuel natively as the other Honeywell 8000 pro's do.  It is frustrating that the combination of dual fuel and z-wave hasn't found favorable support yet without resorting to a fossil fuel kit.

Richard

I had assumed it would work.  But it's been summer here, so we've been in cooling mode since the stats arrived and I installed them.  Why do you believe they won't work with dual-fuel?  Does it say so expressly in the docs, and I missed it?

--Richard

I called my HVAC guy when these came out and he said that Honywell 8000 series doesn't work with dual fuel.  That doesn't mean much, since he didn't know what zwave was... Perhaps this is the first 8000 series that does?

I absolutely want to know how it turns out!

Offline haveitall

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 10:17:17 pm »
This is a snip from the manual.  If I understand correctly, 2 heat/1 cool heat pump with aux, and aux can be gas (as per the emergency list below).

0170 System type 1 1 heat/1 cool conventional
2 1 heat/1 cool heat pump (no aux. heat)
3 Heat only (2-wire systems)
4 Heat only with fan
5 Hot water Series 20 system (power to open & close zone
valves/normally open zone valves)
6 Cool only
7 2 heat/1 cool heat pump (with aux. heat)
8 2 heat/2 cool multistage conventional
9 2 heat/1 cool multistage conventional
10 1 heat/2 cool multistage conventional
11 2 heat/2 cool heat pump (no aux. heat)
12 3 heat/2 cool heat pump (with aux. heat)

0270 Emergency heat
cycle rate (CPH)
9 Electric emergency heat
1 Steam or gravity systems
3 Hot water systems & furnaces of 90%+ efficiency
5 Gas or oil furnaces of less than 90% efficienc

Offline jb

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2011, 11:05:42 pm »

i'm having the same issue, hooked up the thermostat with no problem. go to 710 to reset it, go to rf10 to pair, and within 1/2 second it says "failed". i tried with the wizzard. i plugged the vera2 into a/c power and have it 3" from the thermostat. the z-wave light is blinking.

this is my first device :( 

did you ever get it working?