We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Monster/Leviton clearance  (Read 47316 times)

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: Monster/Leviton clearance
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 06:17:09 pm »
Hmm, takes long time to deliver. I wish those dimmers weren't out of stock, but couple scene controllers aren't bad either... :)
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline nwrunner

Re: Monster/Leviton clearance
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 05:23:56 pm »
Has anyone else noticed monster reversing the charge then charging it again? (via paypal?)  That is a 'frozen' transaction in a bank account I am trying to close!!

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 05:46:22 pm »
I'll have to check Paypal and see if there is anything weird, but it may be too late as I just tracked my enormous box of scene controllers and they have been delivered today.  I can't wait to get one installed so I'm not relying on the iPhone so much.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 10:34:20 pm »
I was going to install mine on Saturday but never got round to it.
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: Monster/Leviton clearance
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 08:26:27 pm »
Hmm, my 2 only arrived today. Need to decide now where to install them :)
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline xlurkr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 01:36:12 am »
I hooked up one of mine to bench test today.  I added it to Vera, and have created a scene for each of the top two buttons, one to turn on a GE outdoor module, and another to turn it off.  It's working, but it's not great.  For one, I'd rather turn devices on and off with a single button.  It appears I can only switch between scenes.  If a button is pushed, and I push it again, the led goes off for about 2 seconds, then comes back on.  The GE never changes.  So you can't use a single button for on/off.  I think there's a workaround to make it toggle, but it gets tricky if you have more than one device in the scene and there's a chance that one or more of the devices is changed some other way.

Sometimes it seems to change states more than once from a single on/off change.  Like off, then on produces off/on/off/on.  It is most likely to happen when I switch fast.  Sometimes it also causes the state of the leds to get out of sync with the device's state.  And it always gets out of sync if the switch on the GE is used to turn the device on or off.

So it's OK, I guess.  Especially for $20.  If I paid full price for a Leviton version, and didn't have Leviton devices to create associations with for fast response and accurate sync, I don't think I'd be happy.

-Tom

Offline shady

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 03:03:29 am »
You got further than I did. Mine added without anything available under the scenes tab.  I was able to associate it with a Leviton dimmer and I can use the dimmer buttons to operate it.

I'll try excluding and including again.  It is just frustrating when scene controllers never seem to include correctly, although it appears to have gotten close because it works to some degree.  Any tips are appreciated.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline kaldoon

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 08:01:49 am »
To do direct association with the Leviton/Monster scene controllers the device needs to be scene-capable(Leviton).  If you want to utilize non-scene capable devices you need to use the 4-Button Zone Controller. Programmatically the devices are handled the same way - internally they are not  8) 

Offline xlurkr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 10:51:41 am »
Nothing shows up under the scenes tab on the scene controller.  Things started to show up under the control tab after I created some scenes in Vera with the scene controller as the event trigger.  I don't have any Leviton devices to associate with, so it's Vera scenes or nothing for me I guess.

-Tom

Offline shady

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 04:12:59 pm »
Thanks Tom I believe that is missing from the Wikis, that you have to create scenes with the scene controller as the trigger or the wording needs to be changed as it says to go to the scenes tab.

I'll give that a shot.

Offline Henk

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 04:34:37 pm »
Thanks Tom I believe that is missing from the Wikis, that you have to create scenes with the scene controller as the trigger or the wording needs to be changed as it says to go to the scenes tab.

I'll give that a shot.

@shady

what wiki page are we talking about?'b
anything I can do to help?
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline shady

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 06:53:36 pm »
Thanks Henk, it is the same on the MCV and Mios wikis here is link to MCVS:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Leviton_Scene_Controller

This existing info might be relavent if using all Leviton devices, IDK.

Offline Henk

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 12:47:01 am »
Thanks Henk, it is the same on the MCV and Mios wikis here is link to MCVS:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Leviton_Scene_Controller

This existing info might be relavent if using all Leviton devices, IDK.
@shady

Ok, and what do you propose to change textwise?!?
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline napolitano172

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011, 04:46:00 pm »
I got the 4 button controller and it added right into my Vera 2 without issue.  However I've not been able to get past 1 button to turn on the device and a second to turn off the device.  It works okay at best.  I did try the toggle state and it was all over the place - didn't work well at all.  I did see the following text on the wiki that I'm going to try next:
           ....to report when the 'off' side of a scene is pressed. If there are lights or other devices you want to turn off, and which are not scene capable and thus not turned off directly by the scene controller, create a scene to turn them off and attach an event 'Scene is deactivated' and use the same button ID. This scene will get run when the scene button is turned off.

Will let you know if this works tomorrow.  Otherwise this controller, while a great deal, has little value to me.

Offline xlurkr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 08:17:23 pm »
I tried this.  The button's led would go off, stay off for about 2 seconds, then come back on again.  It never triggered the "scene deactivated" scene.

Since enableing my first scene on this thing, it has never been in a state where none of the leds are on.  Now that I have two secnes enabled, either the top or second led is on.

I agree that this thing isn't that useful without Leviton or Monster devices.  Does anyone know if it has more functionality when paired with one of the Leviton RS232 controllers?

-Tom