We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: V1 upgraded to UI4...any guesses on root password?  (Read 1434 times)

Offline rlmalisz

V1 upgraded to UI4...any guesses on root password?
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:29:52 pm »
Now that I'm up on 1.1.1245, I'm more willing to do some serious playing with LUA.  I know that at some point, I'll bungle something and will need to SSH into the box to undo my damage.  Have never tried before.

There's a sticker on the bottom of the device (and the same info was on the box the V1 arrived in) giving the WiFi SSID, the WiFi password, and serial number.  I know on V2, the root password and WiFi are at least initially the same.  I changed the WiFi WPA2 password to something pretty long--longer than any Unix I'm aware of will accept as a login password.  But I doubt that the box is keeping the root password in sync with that, anyway.

I've tried the password on the sticker.  No soap.  If UI4 firmware is keeping the root password synched to the WiFi password, what's the max length allowed by OpenWRT?  The original WiFi password was 12 characters.

Any hints, clues?

--Richard

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: V1 upgraded to UI4...any guesses on root password?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:58:07 pm »
Please enable tech support and submit a ticket with the password on the bottom of the device. We will change the password for you.