We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Schlage keyless entry ~ logging entries  (Read 3304 times)

Offline 83SanDimas

Schlage keyless entry ~ logging entries
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:26 am »
First post here...

Is their a way when someone access the schalge keyless entry? I was thinking it would be great to have what code was enetered at what time so I can see who has come and gone last.  I think the Schlage allows 16 unique codes.  Is it possible to have events triggered when someone enteres like raise heat and sgut off alarm?

Thanks

Offline robinnes

Re: Schlage keyless entry ~ logging entries
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:59:24 am »
First post here...

Is their a way when someone access the schalge keyless entry?
Just hit the "notifications" tab in the lock setup box- you'll see your options there.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 11:05:39 am »
First post here...

Just hit the "notifications" tab in the lock setup box- you'll see your options there.
I think what he's looking for is a constantly updated list of usage which isn't provided by the notifications tab or anywhere else that I can find. You'd think this feature would be present since it has been for key pad locks for decades.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline robinnes

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 11:09:28 am »
First post here...

I think what he's looking for is a constantly updated list of usage which isn't provided by the notifications tab or anywhere else that I can find. You'd think this feature would be present since it has been for key pad locks for decades.
You mean some sort of login sheet that shows past entries?
Yeah, that would be nice- maybe someday.

Offline robinnes

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 11:18:57 am »
Is it possible to have events triggered when someone enters like raise heat and shut off alarm?
You need to create a "Scene" the wiki is a good place to start:
http://docs2.mios.com/doc.php?language=1&manual=1&platform=2&page=create_scene

If you'd like I can post some screen caps of one of my scenes that turns on our foyer light wen someone enters a pin after sunset so you get the basic idea of how a scene works....

Offline Frazierwa

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 02:28:51 pm »
I just installed my first Schlage deadbolt so I'd like to see your code, please! 

Also, is there any way to put the device is a mode where you can run a 'heal' process to update the neighbor list?   I've entered the 6 digit program code, yellow light blinks and then goes solid, but it doesn't stay 'on' long enought to complete the heal process.   My Vera 2 unit is pretty far from the installed lock so I want to make sure that it knows who the closest neighbors are to optimize communication.

Offline robinnes

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 02:36:23 pm »
Also, is there any way to put the device is a mode where you can run a 'heal' process to update the neighbor list?   I've entered the 6 digit program code, yellow light blinks and then goes solid, but it doesn't stay 'on' long enought to complete the heal process.   My Vera 2 unit is pretty far from the installed lock so I want to make sure that it knows who the closest neighbors are to optimize communication.
You'd be better off starting a new thread for this issue because it's unrelated to this thread..

Offline robinnes

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 02:51:06 pm »
I just installed my first Schlage deadbolt so I'd like to see your code, please! 
This scene turns on the foyer light at 65% power for 2 min if the front door pin is entered after sunset (night).
- If you don't see a tab screen cap, it's because there was no changes made to that tab.

Offline robinnes

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 02:52:12 pm »
.... rest of the tabs:
And here's the Luup code for the Luup tab:

if ( luup.is_night() ) then
  return true
else
  return false
end
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:54:24 pm by robinnes »

Offline Frazierwa

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 03:22:48 pm »
Excellent... thanks, robinnes!

I expected a lot of luup code in your response.   I didn't realize that so many new scene "events" were available for the Schlage device which will do most of the work in creating the scene.