Author Topic: Wall controller don't work with Vera?  (Read 2512 times)

Offline xtrex

Wall controller don't work with Vera?
« on: June 08, 2011, 04:08:59 pm »
Today my Vera finally arrived. But I can not get it to work the way i want. The problem i have is that my wall controller from Duwei http://www.duewi.de/index.php?productid=37276 don't want to be friend with Vera. I can sometimes add it but not get Vera to respond from commands from it. After doing some digging around it seems they are not supported. It can control lights as long they are not included in Vera.

Are there any way around this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wouldn't it be great if we could make the switches and other unsupported devices believe the Vera is let's say a lamp. And when the Vera receives the command it simply make whatever the user want it to? If so all remotes could work, right?

Offline emvrijswick

Re: Wall controller don't work with Vera?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:30:35 am »
Hi xtrex,

I have a busch-jaeger wall controller which is basically a Duwi 5460. I assume it works the same as a 5443 as you have.
I have the same problem you are having. The work around for me is to pair the Duwi with one or more appliances (light). Vera can see the state of the appliance and you can control scenes from that. The drawbacks are
1) You have to have an (additional) appliance device paired with the Duwi
2) I use Duwi appliances and they have to be polled, so the state change is only detected after tens of seconds

If you find a better solution, I'm interested  ;)

Offline intveltr

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 06:03:43 pm »
Are there any wall controllers available in Europe capable of triggering scenes in the Vera?  My supplier recommended the same trick: pair a Duewi switch with a status push capable appliance, and trigger the scenario off the appliance state change. This seems rather clunky and needlessly expensive.

I'd love to have decent scene switches like the 1 or 4 scene Leviton scene controllers.  Or as someone else suggested, a stateless wall controller that simply sends "button 0 pressed" (or "scene 0 activated").  Does anything like that exist?
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline GeeZay

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 05:41:50 am »
Vera can see the state of the appliance and you can control scenes from that. The drawbacks are
Hi,

I have the same problem here and would like to use your work-around. However, I don't know how to make VERA "see" an appliance module, which is already paired with the duewi controller.
I can pair the appliance module either with VERA or with the duewi controller. But once paired with the duewi controller I can not pair it with VERA and hence it is not visible there.

Would you mind to give me a step by step instruction how to get the work-around to work?

Thanks and regards,

GeeZay