We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Proper way to partition by room?  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Cherokee180c

Proper way to partition by room?
« on: June 15, 2011, 08:51:46 am »
My blaster is coming tomorrow so I have been reading up on everything and working on my design. I have not found anything though that discusses the best way to partition activities by room!  My issue is that I want to use SQremote throughout my house without having to dedicate iPads/iPhones specifically to each room where a system is located because my iPhone/iPad is almost always with me.  I want to set everything up via Activities since I am use to the Harmony way of doing things. It looks like I could simply have a separate "Watch TV" activity for each location, but that is going to lead to a very cluttered carrousel and I might pick the wrong one a lot. Also adding all that text might also be a bit messy. Is there a way to have a main screen where you pick the room and then have the carrousel specific to only that location?  Is that what the new 2.3 Jump commands will let you do?  This would be the easiest to design as I could copy most of the carrosel design from one room to the next and just change the equipment to match.  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:54:21 am by Cherokee180c »

Offline Cherokee180c

Re: Proper way to partition by room?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:22:01 pm »
I thought I would update this thread since Wayne from Technical support answered me directly.  He recommends using the Control Pads to represent the rooms, which keeps everything very neat on the carousel.  I originally started to use custom buttons on my HomeTheater screen to fire off Activity based macros (Watch Movie, Watch TV, Use PC) etc, but then found that the Command List function was a bit cleaner.  Currently for some reason my macro is not jumping to my preferred screen location as it should at the end of the macro, but I am sure they will sort that out for me.  It would be real nice if you could add any of the Control Pad icons to buttons, since if you want to do an activity type of macro, the icons looks a lot more professional then just text.  (Ie Watch Movie becomes the film icon).  I also was surprised to see that there were no PS3 icons (colored triangle, circle, etc) as you can use the PS3 IR with a third party dongle.  All in All I am EXTREMELY happy with the blaster and the ballistically fast assistance from Square Connect technical support.  I can't wait for the SQ Designer program and the iPad specific program that will let me take advantage of the much larger screen realestate.

Offline SquareConnectJohn

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 12:54:02 am »
Cherokee180c

I will add PS3 Icons for you, and also look into adding the control pad images as icons... thats a nice idea.
Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline SquareConnectJohn

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 12:55:14 am »
Just a quick follow up... SQ Designer will allow you to add  / edit themes, which will allow you to add your own icons
Square Connect Co-Founder