We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Overall Scene Master Level Control?  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Cherokee180c

Overall Scene Master Level Control?
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:16:14 am »
I feel a bit naughty posting the first message in the new forum category!  I just got my Vera up and running yesterday. Everything went far better than I thought with no issues at all. I got all my Vizia dimmers installed, scenes programmed and then tied into my Square remote with associated macros etc. I have one question I couldn't figure out myself...

Is there a way to easily add a master slider control to a scene that keeps the same ratios on the lights, but let's you raise or lower the level off all the lights set to a percentage?  This is the only feature that I miss from the Leviton remote I was using.

Offline TimAlls

Re: Overall Scene Master Level Control?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 09:46:11 am »
Using Vera....not that I know of. I have Leviton Scene controllers on the walls and they allow scene dimming. They work great!
Tim

Offline Cherokee180c

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 04:57:07 pm »
Thanks Tim. I have the original RZCS4-1LX scene controller that I just got programmed and working today. The Micasaverde guys must have fixed most of the issues with this controller as it set up perfect.  The first press turns on the scene and second press turns off the scene. The dimmer up and down works perfect on the scene controller, just wondering why Vera can't initiate that same function remotely.

Can you confirm that holding in the scene buttons for more than 5 seconds now, won't reprogram the scene since it is memorized in Vera?  This was my biggest problem with the Leviton set up I had as the kids would mess up my scenes all the time. Also, I can't say enough about the SQblaster / SQremote setup, which is a kick butt setup.

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 08:34:04 pm »
Can you confirm that holding in the scene buttons for more than 5 seconds now, won't reprogram the scene since it is memorized in Vera?  This was my biggest problem with the Leviton set up I had as the kids would mess up my scenes all the time. Also, I can't say enough about the SQblaster / SQremote setup, which is a kick butt setup.
Holding the buttons for five seconds is the way that Leviton has programed these controllers to work....I am unaware of any method to change that. I would recommend that you create the scenes you want on Vera and then simply hold the button down five seconds so that the controller places the settings in it's memory. If the kids mess it up do the same thing again....less than a minute and it's working again with the same settings. If the controller has the scene stored in it's memory it will talk directly to your associated dimmers.....it is more reliable and much faster. It even works when Vera is busy. I hope that helps.
Regards
Tim Alls

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 12:43:45 am »
[...] dimmer up and down works perfect on the scene controller, just wondering why Vera can't initiate that same function remotely.
I guess because MCV hasn't gotten around to implement that as a feature, i.e. creating some sort of group device. You could request it as a feature.

Can you confirm that holding in the scene buttons for more than 5 seconds now, won't reprogram the scene since it is memorized in Vera?
No way around it. The controller doesn't really know that Vera is in the picture. If it happens, you could restore the scene by doing a 'Configure node right now' on Vera for the controller.
Dezwaved at the moment...