We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Scene control  (Read 3309 times)

Offline fronobulax

• Sr. Newbie
Scene control
« on: June 19, 2011, 11:20:11 am »
With an in wall scene controller what is the normal method of associating the controller to switches?
My Vera has now found the Intermatic CA5100, but everything in the scene tab is grayed out.
Do you do it via associations on the Device Options Menu (as you can see I've tried to set a groupID of 1 and have added a switch to the group in the Controller menu)?

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Scene control
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 12:12:39 pm »
@fronobulax,

If you want to have Vera kick off a scene when you push a button on the scene controller, you would add an event to your scene with trigger 'A scene is activated' and put the button number into the 'Which scene number' field. (The Scene tab only works for certain scene controllers and would create that event automatically. Just a second way of doing the same.)
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline fronobulax

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:49:18 am »
Ok, I have that and it seems to be more or less working. However on the deactivation, the light flashes off then comes back on again in about 1/2 second. If I turn it off over and over eventually it will stay off after 4 or 5 tries.

The deactivation scene is set to off-and leave it, so I'm not sure what is happening there.

What I have now for the off button is as follows. The scene to turn on the front walk is essentially the same except it triggers on the scene being activated and sets the lamp to on-and leave it.

Offline fronobulax

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 07:08:21 am »
@oTi@
On My scenes I have an event listed as scene number 0 (my understanding is the switch on the single switch CA5100 will be 0) Then I have created one scene with a trigger type of "A scene is activated", the command on that scene turns on the light and leaves it on. I also set notification to send me an email to troubleshoot the scene. The second scene is also configured as scene number 0 and has a trigger type of "A scene is de-activated" I also have an email notification set up on this one.

It seems that no matter which button I press I only trigger the "A scene is activated" event. Am I using the event type correctly?

Offline fronobulax

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 09:33:00 am »
Instructions for setting up the CA5100 on the Wiki...
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Intermatic_CA5100_Set_Up_Scene

Offline Henk

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 11:08:45 am »
Great! Thx for the addition fronobulax
i see you took your time with the screenshots too.

I think some other pages would do well with screenshots too... so if you find some time....

Henk

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Intermatic_CA5100_Set_Up_Scene
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 12:15:06 am »
It seems that no matter which button I press I only trigger the "A scene is activated" event. Am I using the event type correctly?
Mmm; slightly late on this one. ::) It appears you found this post with the right scene numbers and event types. It can get pretty confusing indeed.

Nice work!
Dezwaved at the moment...