Author Topic: Foscam App  (Read 7846 times)

Offline nwrunner

Foscam App
« on: June 20, 2011, 04:53:07 pm »
I am rarely pleased with any ipod/ipad/iphone app, but there is a free app that controls the foscam 8918 and it is the best interface I have found by far.

I mention this because of the plugin for the Foscam

The app is simply called CamViewer, and after several weeks of using it both on the WAN and LAN side, I am very very impressed.

For me the Foscam has worked well, although I see that the image is a bit washed out, and the IR is so extreme I can't view it well at night simply because of my landscape lights!

Offline rlmalisz

Re: Foscam App
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 05:59:19 pm »
I am rarely pleased with any ipod/ipad/iphone app, but there is a free app that controls the foscam 8918 and it is the best interface I have found by far.

I mention this because of the plugin for the Foscam

The app is simply called CamViewer, and after several weeks of using it both on the WAN and LAN side, I am very very impressed.

For me the Foscam has worked well, although I see that the image is a bit washed out, and the IR is so extreme I can't view it well at night simply because of my landscape lights!

We've been pretty happy with our 8918--have it out in the garage keeping an eye on the doors and such.  Have lately had it start wedging itself about once per week.  Connection is wireless.  Just added a GE appliance module out there, and a scene to power the camera down for 30 seconds and then back on every night at 2am.

I haven't seen any firmware updated for this camera, and would have expected them by now.

--Richard

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 06:13:18 pm »
But can hear some sound from your camera? Did you connect a microphone or there is embedded?

Can you also reproduce some audio from the iPhone app to your camera?

Thank you
Regards
Matteo

Offline nwrunner

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 04:57:14 pm »
The microphone is imbedded in the cam, but no sound on the ipod app.  It does however have all the PTZ functions overlayed on the live imagine, which is nice, and under details you get the camera parameters such as 50/60hz, indoor outdoor, IR on/off.

I do receive sound very clearly across a PC browser accessing through port fowarding.

Offline ofonseca

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 06:31:02 pm »
Hi

I´m using two iphone4 applications for the foscam 8918 camera:

- IP Vision Pro: it has Pan and Tilt to control the camera but no Audio
- Baby Monitor: No Pan and Tilt to control the camera but it has Audio with 2-3 seconds of latency. This is an application built for foscam 8918 camera.

Both works great and I´m expecting more features coming up from the baby monitor app.

Regards.

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:05:04 pm »
I got few foscams and Android IP Cam Viewer app.

Full PTZ control, and bi-directional sound over 3G...

Offline Cherokee180c

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 09:32:45 am »
Cam Viewer is good but I like the features of Survailence Pro better.  It doesn't support audio or iPad native yet. Live Cams Pro supports the iPad natively while also supporting audio. I haven't tried the baby monitor app yet.