Author Topic: Issues upgrading to 1.1.1245 and/or Z-wave 3.20 firmware.  (Read 14215 times)

Offline wimt

Re: Issues upgrading to 1.1.1245 and/or Z-wave 3.20 firmware.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 03:13:10 pm »
Ok. I'm really, really out of options.

Unlike on my old Vera1 (which now I regret ever putting it away), z-Wave has never worked on my Vera2.  It was not ever able to find my z-wave devices.

What I tried :

Upgraded from the original version xxx (don't remember anymore) to 1.1.1245 :
z-Wave does not work.  I get a "ZWAVE: Failed To Start", No info int the Z-Wave- device info tab.
"Use X-Wave version 3.20 instead of 2.78" On orf Off didn't change the version (which according to Vera is Version 2.78 L:1.  "Reset Z-wave chip" didn't change anything.  The message window persist: "ZWAVE: Failed To Start".

I did send a ticket (now about 6 weeks ago) but still got no response.

Then I've tried to upgrade the firmware again by going to [Private Beta SW Link redacted], and followed the instructions and ended up in:

"Your vera was upgraded to 1.1.1321"
"Continue"

Pressed on 'Continue' then again it says :
"Version outdated"
"Before we continue, I need to upgrade the firmware on your vera.
Once you have confirmation the upgrade is complete, please start over again by going to http://micasaverde.com/vera2."

"Can I upgrade it now ?"
"Yes" "No, just leave Vera as-is"

"Your version: 1.1.1245"
"Upgrading to [Private Beta SW Link redacted]"

Pressing "Yes" only goes thru the same loop and getting back to this "Version Outdated"

And true, Vera also says firmware is 1.1.1245.
But even worse: Now Vera's Firmware tab says :
"1.1.1245"
"Error: Invalid platform"

Getting more than a bit lost here, and prepared to loose my settings, so I tried the "Firmware Flash Vera2" instructions page, and followed the instructions there to use the Vera2 Firmware Flash Tool and the micasaverde_backfire_v8.bin, using WindowsXP sp3 without a firewall or antivirus:
Results : The Flash Tool could not find my Vera even though the power led is blinking.

I'm quite sure I've tried everything now and my Vera is still stuck in the firmware version 1.1.1245, "Error: Invalid platform" and "ZWAVE: Failed To Start" state.
There's also no "reset to factory defaults" button.

ssh to Vera is still possible.
Also tried to use the "mtd -r write /tmp/[Private Beta SW Link redacted] linux" from the command line on Vera (of course after putting the imagfe in /tmp), but it fails with "Bad trx header This is not the correct file format; refusing to flash.  Please specify the correct file or use -f to force.  Image check failed."

Should I try the "-f" option and risk bricking even further ?

Please. Micasaverde. Mios. REACT.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:30:36 pm by guessed »

Offline micasaverde

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 08:46:35 pm »
Wimmt, It's unfortunate this wasn't resolved when it first happened.  At the beginning when it said "ZWave: Failed to start", before doing anything else, tech support should have fixed it right away.  Normally that Z-Wave failed to start simply meant that it failed to download something when it was upgrading.  It happened to a few customers and was easy to fix if you enabled the tech support back door.  Can you send an email to 'support@micasaverde.com', and put 'from wimmt' in the subject?  I'll set a reminder to check the support email box and look for it, and then I'll arrange to get someone to fix this.

Offline wimt

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 03:56:44 pm »
micasaverde,

Thanks for your attention.
I'll send an email to support@micasaverde.com with "from wimmt" in the subject in a few minutes.

My username is 'wimt' (with only one 'm' in it) but I'll just use "from wimmt" just in case you are using a special filter.

Offline rhutchin

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 01:04:56 pm »
Hi  I have been running my vera 2 for over a year and just had to do the manual direct upgrade after trying several times to remotely do it. i received an upgrade successful message and have been unable to connect to my unit since.  I did the reset and can see vera_ssid on my wireless network but cannot find the WEP code to put in. I cannot connect directly any more.
Any assistance appreciated.

thanks
red

Offline JOD

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 01:13:41 pm »
Hi Red,

I'm guessing you had her setup on DHCP?
You could try connecting to her directly using 192.168.81.1?
If you have a router check the IP assignments or if you are able to log in via Mios, you should see the IP listed there.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 08:15:02 am »
@rhutchin,

Welcome!

You could try connecting to her directly using 192.168.81.1?
As an add-on to @JOD's hints: be sure to try this on both the ETH2 and ETH1 ports. (It depends a bit on what mode Vera is in; ETH2 is your best shot.)
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline krfar

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 11:49:29 pm »
Hello Henk,

Don't know if you can help with this, I may have bricked Vera.  Anyhow, a while back I upgraded to .1245 hoping I could remedy an issue I was having with GC100.  Since then its been downhill and now I'm totally locked out.  I accidentally deleted my user credentials (Or at least I think I did, although with the servers being down there was all kinds of strange things happening) from Vera and so now I can't do anything.  I've tried resetting the box but the procedure posted in wiki doesn't seem to work.  Is there a way to do a hard reset on this thing?

Much appreciated,

Krfar

Offline Henk

• Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 03:55:30 am »
@krfar

I hope i can help here...
You have a few options.

As for the removed user account on the remote servers, shoot a support mail to MCV.Thats your only chance unless you have added a second user with admin rights.

From what you are telling it doesnt seem to me your Vera is actualy bricked. you just lost "contact"

Can you still get to the webUI?
I would suggest first to try to upgrade to the last public beta that you can install using this link:  http://micasaverde.com/vera2?beta=1338

More is explained here: http://forum.mios.com/index.php?topic=7432.msg47453#msg47453

If that doesnt help, again shoot a support ticket to MCV, they might be able to help you out.

As a last resort you can reflash your Vera as described on the wiki:
you ight find this sectio interesting:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Category:How_To

More specifick this link:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Firmware_Flash_Vera2

Hope this helps!

- Henk
Hello Henk,

Don't know if you can help with this, I may have bricked Vera.  Anyhow, a while back I upgraded to .1245 hoping I could remedy an issue I was having with GC100.  Since then its been downhill and now I'm totally locked out.  I accidentally deleted my user credentials (Or at least I think I did, although with the servers being down there was all kinds of strange things happening) from Vera and so now I can't do anything.  I've tried resetting the box but the procedure posted in wiki doesn't seem to work.  Is there a way to do a hard reset on this thing?

Much appreciated,

Krfar

| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline krfar

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 08:03:58 pm »
Tanks Henk,

I will try your recommendations. I appreciate the quick response.

krfar

@krfar

I hope i can help here...
You have a few options.

As for the removed user account on the remote servers, shoot a support mail to MCV.Thats your only chance unless you have added a second user with admin rights.

From what you are telling it doesnt seem to me your Vera is actualy bricked. you just lost "contact"

Can you still get to the webUI?
I would suggest first to try to upgrade to the last public beta that you can install using this link:  http://micasaverde.com/vera2?beta=1338

More is explained here: http://forum.mios.com/index.php?topic=7432.msg47453#msg47453

If that doesnt help, again shoot a support ticket to MCV, they might be able to help you out.

As a last resort you can reflash your Vera as described on the wiki:
you ight find this sectio interesting:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Category:How_To

More specifick this link:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Firmware_Flash_Vera2

Hope this helps!

- Henk
Hello Henk,

Much appreciated,

Krfar