We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New Fix on Leviton VRZ-C4 ....adding Scene Controllers  (Read 18747 times)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: New Fix on Leviton VRZ-C4 ....adding Scene Controllers
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2011, 08:50:00 pm »
The zone controllers don't do that,[...]
The zone controllers do the same thing when the button is programmed for a scene.
As Vera only programs scenes (unfortunately), you'd have the same issue.

You might consider changing from scene controllers to zone controllers.
Yep. I do think that most folks here like the zone controllers best. It's good to have the distinct on/off buttons, especially with the non-perfect LED behavior.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline Cherokee180c

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2011, 05:16:43 pm »
Thanks guys for all the help before I decided to buy Vera. I just got everything in and set it up. The scene controller is working great. I guess from reading this thread all over again the kids can still mess up my buttons by holding in the button for more than 5 seconds, but it should only take a few seconds to fix now by getting back into Vera and selecting the proper scene again.

I have everything working so well in my basement home theater now with the SQremote /blaster integration, I am chomping at the bit to start moving Zwave functionality into the upstairs. I purchased a HSM-100 3-1 sensor to play with that should be in tomorrow. I would love to hear of some applications where you guys are using motion sensing.

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 05:11:14 pm »
My application is a little different but you may find it to be interesting. We use a motion detector on the main entrance of our 92 foot yacht. When it detects motion I record the camera picture starting the second BEFORE the motion was detected (held in the camera memory) to 3 seconds after the motion was detected. This information is all stored on the PC and Vera can send out a notification if the DSC Alarm is "Armed". This gives us a log of everyone that went in and out of the boat.....a great tool if something is missing on the boat!
I am using the 4 Scene and 4 Zone Leviton controllers everywhere I can and I just found a great place to Laser Engrave the buttons!
Regards
Tim Alls

Offline Cherokee180c

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2011, 01:00:30 pm »
Slightly off topic, but have you done any work with Zwave thermostats Tim?  See my post in that section for details if you have.  I would like to see how hard it would be to switch the input temperature on the controller to a remote room just at night.  I think if Vera had full control of the schedule it should be easy, but not sure.  It seems strange that nobody has responded as open foyer houses with a single A/C system always have this issue.  Now back to the regularly scheduled subject....

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 07:55:44 pm »
Slightly off topic, but have you done any work with Zwave thermostats Tim?  See my post in that section for details if you have.  I would like to see how hard it would be to switch the input temperature on the controller to a remote room just at night.  I think if Vera had full control of the schedule it should be easy, but not sure.  It seems strange that nobody has responded as open foyer houses with a single A/C system always have this issue.
I have a thermostat I use for temperature alarms on our yachts. It is a Wayne Dalton. You could use a temperature sensor or a dummy thermostat in the other room and then write code that changes the setpoints forcing the temperature to track the dummy thermostat. Does that make sense?
Regards
Tim

Offline Cherokee180c

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 06:49:06 am »
Yes, but I was thinking of a HSM-100 3-1 sensor with the wake set to 5 minutes instead of the 30 minute default so I could also use it for other things in my Master Bedroom.  Just not sure how much control gets taken over from the thermostat programming in Zwave mode. I think I read that with the Radio Thermostat models you lose all schedule functions, so Vera takes over that part of the control.  Is it as easy as having Vera read the different temperature variable for on/off control during night?

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 12:13:39 pm »
I moved my response to this location:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6876.0
Regards
Tim