We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New Z Wave firmware improvements  (Read 18025 times)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: New Z Wave firmware improvements
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 01:00:57 pm »
@FlyBoyBob,

That goes for a 3-in-1 sitting within about 6ft of the Vera as well.[...]
Mmm, odd. Are you saying the HSM100 that's close to Vera isn't working properly either. If so, I'd focus on that and try to get that sensor going first. Exclude, then include. Let it configure. Then see if it starts reporting temperature and light level every 30 minutes. Check the 'LastWakeup' field.

This hopefully gets around anything related to routing as the sensor is in direct reach of Vera. If a (nightly) heal then breaks this sensor, it would give MCV something to look at.

Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline Henk

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 02:40:14 pm »
@flyboybob

Would this thread help maybe?
Let us know as i think there might be some usefull tips in there!

--edit--
correct link added
http://forum.mios.com/index.php?topic=4450

Well what i was suggesting was the full power inclusion with also Vera in its original position and see how that works. Also you would be able to see the device appear and not have to reinstall Vera with probably a powercycle needed.
That's the way I did it many many times before. Bringing the battery-dongled Vera to the device "in situ" was something new that I tried. In all situations when the 3-in-1 started reporting values they were wrong, and after a Heal the device(s) were no longer in contact with the Vera no matter what I try.

That goes for a 3-in-1 sitting within about 6ft of the Vera as well. Looking at that one right now - it is showing a "0" light level in a bright room and a temperature of "75" which has not changed since the last time I Excluded / Included it. In fact here's an ADD report on the near one:
Quote from: ADD Report 2011-06-27 14:52:46
Living Room 3-in-1       : Battery level   92, last battery report    19 hour(s) ago

Here's one I pulled the battery on to re-configure last week, shortly after the upgrade:
Quote from: ADD Report 2011-06-27 14:52:46
Bedroom Temp Humidity    : Battery level   60, last battery report   164 hour(s) ago

bob
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:46:18 pm by Henk »
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline FlyBoyBob

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 02:41:09 pm »
@FlyBoyBob,
That goes for a 3-in-1 sitting within about 6ft of the Vera as well.[...]
Mmm, odd. Are you saying the HSM100 that's close to Vera isn't working properly either. If so, I'd focus on that and try to get that sensor going first. Exclude, then include. Let it configure. Then see if it starts reporting temperature and light level every 30 minutes. Check the 'LastWakeup' field.

This hopefully gets around anything related to routing as the sensor is in direct reach of Vera. If a (nightly) heal then breaks this sensor, it would give MCV something to look at.
@oTi -

I did that last evening with the nearest HSM100 = Exclude, Include, Configure. Today that one sensor is reporting seemingly valid data, and its LastWakeup field shows well within the 1/2 hour set wakeup period.

Other nearby battery operated devices are showing invalid or stale data, the ADD program shows battery updates in the dozens or hundreds of hours ago, yet the LastWakup field shows valid recent wakeup times within their wakeup period, so the devices are apparently active and talking to Vera.

As I said earlier the Variables and Data seeem to have been corrupted on all devices after the firmware update. I will try to Exclude / Include more devices tonight, that seems to read the proper schemas and default values and configures them into the device.

There were 2 strange Heal reports last evening after I had gone to bed - I have given access to my box to MCV so I assume they are experimenting. The remote 3-in-1 (which was Excluded / Included by myself several times recently) still has no Neighbors and no mesh route to get to it, so is still not working at all. I had also put a ManualRoute Variable and value for a path through hard-wired devices to it = no difference.

bob

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 01:47:47 am »
I did that last evening with the nearest HSM100 = Exclude, Include, Configure. Today that one sensor is reporting seemingly valid data, and its LastWakeup field shows well within the 1/2 hour set wakeup period.
Good!

[...] battery updates in the dozens or hundreds of hours ago [...] the Variables and Data seeem to have been corrupted [...]
Right. At least for some devices, battery reporting is autonomous, on its own timer, and has its own association group. So if not configured properly, I guess you could have no battery reports, but other stuff working fine.

I will try to Exclude / Include more devices tonight, that seems to read the proper schemas and default values and configures them into the device.
That would be my suggestion as well. Try to re-include the 'funny' devices. And keep them close to Vera for now, if able, just to rule out routing issues.

Offline FlyBoyBob

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 09:47:20 am »
Good!
Good up until this morning when for no apparent reason the LastWakeup is now 3 hours ago, and increasing. Fresh batteries btw. All HSM100's last for a while and then drop off, regardless of recent exclude / include or distance from Vera. Is there a "self-destruct" variable I've missed??  ::)

[...] battery updates in the dozens or hundreds of hours ago [...] the Variables and Data seeem to have been corrupted [...]
Right. At least for some devices, battery reporting is autonomous, on its own timer, and has its own association group. So if not configured properly, I guess you could have no battery reports, but other stuff working fine.
Of the HSM100's that were configured pre-upgrade vs recently exclude/include devices (all of those devices are identical btw) they all seem to break in an identical way, except for the remote one which is always broken. I have not made any configuration changes and they are all at factory reset values. However the Variable lists vary hugely on two recently re-included devices(?) In fairness - I believe MCV is working on my machine remotely even though they have not said - I had opend my machine to Support last week and was told it would be "escalated". So these unexplainable inconsistencies might be them, but my whole system remains broken.

I will try to Exclude / Include more devices tonight, that seems to read the proper schemas and default values and configures them into the device.
That would be my suggestion as well. Try to re-include the 'funny' devices. And keep them close to Vera for now, if able, just to rule out routing issues.
As I said above all pre-upgrade HSM100's and all re-configured ones are failing. The one remote one used to work pre-upgrade, now not at all. BTW two battery-operated Temp / Humidity sensors also fail in the same way, while my Schlage lock (also battery) seems ok (thank goodness!)

bob

Offline Henk

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 11:51:48 am »
@flyboybob

Maybe check with MCV support about getting you to the 1.1.1298 beta.

Check point 7 of the releasenotes (based on your postings here)

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes
7. Minor enhancements to the wakeup procedure to support devices with short wakeup times
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 12:08:52 pm »
Linking to where (@FlyBoyBob's) issues with the HSM100's was continued...

Offline brsipaq

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 08:06:04 pm »
I've not been using my Vera for quite some time.  Our 'old' house was hit with Mine Subsidence almost 2 years ago, so I stopped working on ZWave.

Now that we are in our 'new' house, I'm starting up my network again.

I'm using Vera 1.

Has the firmware for 3.2 been updated?

Thanks,
Brian
Controllers - Vera firmware 979 Dongle version 2.78 L:1, GE 45601 and 45608, HA07c, HA09c
Outlets/Switches - HA01c, (2) HA02c, (4) VRI06, (2) VRS15, HA04c (Not used yet) Sensor - HRDS1 Door/Window (garage door) Thermostat - WDTC-20 IP Camera - Linksys WVC54GCA

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 09:49:01 am »
There has been no firmware release for vera 1 based on 3.20. This requires Aeon to release an updated firmware for their dongle.

- Garrett

Offline brsipaq

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 10:44:58 am »
So what needs to get that done?  I bought my Vera 1 from Micasaverde, who designed the 'box' using Aeon's dongle.  So one would think they would be aggressively pursuing this.

Now if I need to send Aeon a couple of love notes,which I can do, but who would I send it to?

Just my thoughts.

Thanks,
Brian
Controllers - Vera firmware 979 Dongle version 2.78 L:1, GE 45601 and 45608, HA07c, HA09c
Outlets/Switches - HA01c, (2) HA02c, (4) VRI06, (2) VRS15, HA04c (Not used yet) Sensor - HRDS1 Door/Window (garage door) Thermostat - WDTC-20 IP Camera - Linksys WVC54GCA

Offline gilesjuk

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 10:15:11 am »
Try this form?

http://www.aeon-labs.com/site/contact/

Can't really expect MCV to supply an update they don't have.

Offline readw

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 12:25:49 am »
Here are some contact names at Aeon

winston -  wcheng@aeon-labs.com, Mark Mo - mmo@aeon-labs.com, William Li - wli@aeon-labs.com

They usually respond.