We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Z-wave healing and routing explained  (Read 46402 times)

Offline Experiment

Re: Z-wave healing and routing explained
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 09:30:10 pm »
Hi Everybody,
I have the same issue as Intrepid. My Intermatic Sensor don't work in the exterior of my house even if it have 2 Intermatic CA600 Switch in the same wall. By the way those Switches are far from the Veralite, but normally in works at the second retry.
My network is really unreliable. Sometimes the other sensor works, sometimes it work. I have Aeon Door sensor, like 12 Wall Switches (all of the Intermatic) and 3 Motion Sensor. I'm starting to fill frustrated because the successful percentage is lower than 80% in Scenes with triggers.
I have heal the network several times, and I think every night at 2am. The Report at 2:06am shows everything right, but my network is really unreliable because the sensors. Light works well if I set to turn on, but if I open a door, walk in front a sensor, the scene are not triggered all the time.

I think the problem is with the routing table.
I have read the whole Chat, but think things have changed, and still dont know what options you recommend to disable.
Is it recommended to do manual routing for battery sensors? How?

Thank you,
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:32:46 pm by Experiment »

Offline Experiment

Re: Z-wave healing and routing explained
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 10:18:19 pm »
I have read more and arrive to this Conversation:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=11348.15

THey mentions to not rely in the AutoHeal. Call me newbie, but I can't find the mentioned AutoRoute variable any place in my Sensors! Just the light have it.

Resuming:
1) Can I let the auto heal and setup manually some devices? No matter what the heal process do, will Vera use the Manual?
2) If the sensors Intermatic (motion) and Aeon (door), dont have AutoRoute, does the Manual Route will work?
3) What is the syntax for manual routing? Is it the same of autorouting? something like this 2-20x,7-59x,2.7-78 explained here: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Debugging#Manual_routing
4) Just setting up Manual Routing on the device is all that I need? Need to change something else in Z-wave network?
5) I guess if I can find the AutoRoute I would know how to choose the best manual route.

I was testing and just if I copy some of the AutoRoute or to put 0 in ManualRoute it works, but I tried to route node 18 using: 8.14 and got this error when save: "falling at purging associations" con CA600.

Please help!
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:13:26 pm by Experiment »