Author Topic: Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 145367 times)

Offline jwiz

Re: Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 07:21:51 pm »
I think I found the cause for the second issue. Try removing the '*'  (or giving it a simple name like partition_1, just to test this theory) from the device name and let me know if this fixes anything.

I received my replacement Vera 2 and set it back. I changed the partition name to my last name with no special characters. I am still getting the same results. The zones show in home buddy but the partition does not. As of right now the only way I can control the partition in home buddy is setting up different scenes to control the partition.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 06:58:29 am »
Try this Json file and let me know if it works.

1. Upload the file on Vera.
2. Check Restart Luup after upload.

Offline jwiz

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 08:56:16 pm »
Still no luck with the new file. If it helps I tried the AutHomation App by garrettwp and it shows the partition with a question mark icon and there is no function to the partition.

Offline shaudeus

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 12:03:13 pm »
Hello I am considering Vera 2 for home automation needs replacing the automation features of my ELK M1 GOLD. Just a couple of questions about the security functions.

Can Vera 2 notify my via Text AND Email of specific events, IE zone 1 trigger, CO alarm Trigger etc?

Can Vera 2 remotly disarm alarm with a scene, IE child returning home so unlock door, disable alarm, reduce thermostat turn on lights and outlets in certain rooms?

Can Vera 2 send a photo from IP enabled camera upon an event, IE someone ringing doorbell, kinda like the ADT pulse system sends you a photo upon an event like your child disarming the alarm.

Can Vera 2 use the motion sensors from my elk to control lighting, such as turning lights on and off as people pass through?

Also how does the system connect to the ELK board since the board does not have Zwave, does it need to be in close promimity to connect via usb or can it be connected via cat5

I have 3 properties (which have ELK Security) I would love to offer this functionality too if its already enabled or will be enabled soon, please let me know when you have a chance.

Thanks

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 05:02:02 am »
Can Vera 2 notify my via Text AND Email of specific events, IE zone 1 trigger, CO alarm Trigger etc?
Yes.

Can Vera 2 remotly disarm alarm with a scene, IE child returning home so unlock door, disable alarm, reduce thermostat turn on lights and outlets in certain rooms?
Yes.

Can Vera 2 send a photo from IP enabled camera upon an event, IE someone ringing doorbell, kinda like the ADT pulse system sends you a photo upon an event like your child disarming the alarm.
Possible with some scripting (this until the picture archiving functionality will be implemented).

Can Vera 2 use the motion sensors from my elk to control lighting, such as turning lights on and off as people pass through?
Yes.

Also how does the system connect to the ELK board since the board does not have Zwave, does it need to be in close proximity to connect via usb or can it be connected via cat5
If it's in close proximity you can connect it via USB, otherwise you can use the Elk M1XEP to connect it via Ethernet.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 03:08:23 pm »
Do you have a new ETA for this plugin, or an estimation of when you will be able to return to it? I'm anxious to try it out with its enhanced functionality.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person. (I guess I'm "Chaotic Neutral").

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 12:13:36 pm »
Hopefully as soon as all the UI5 pre-release tasks are done.

Offline jwiz

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 06:44:06 pm »
Is it possible to store a user code in vera so i dont have to leave a brower opened to control arm/bypass with home buddy

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 05:11:41 am »
Yes, it's possible. There is a Store button under the PIN code input box.

Offline jwiz

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 02:05:11 pm »
Yes, it's possible. There is a Store button under the PIN code input box.

The store button is what I have been using but when I do a refresh of UI4 or make changes and do a save I lose the code. This has also happened by just closing the browser out and when i go back i'll receive Pin code required error until i put the code back in and hit store.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 03:24:45 am »
The PIN code is stored in RAM (for security reasons) so it's lost at Luup restart, but it doesn't have anything to do with the UI, which means that unless you restart Luup, you should be able to bypass/unbypass zones even if you closed and reopened the browser.

In the next plugin version I will offer the possibility to store the PIN code in the flash memory so it will survive Luup restarts.

Offline jwiz

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 01:53:18 am »
@mcvflorin

I am going to add a few more zones to my Elk M1 and was wondering if vera will automatically add the additional zone or will I need to do something to add the new zones.

Thanks
John

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 05:13:22 am »
@jwiz

It will automatically add the new zone when you restart Luup.

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 07:47:58 pm »
@mcvflorin

Wanted to add "Alarm Type" to the description due to the fact that I have three zones with fire alarms and a quick look at the UI does not indicate which is which.

So I had a look at the code and can see ZD is implemented then tried to make some changes so that the ZD information was included in the UI. The upshot is that it did not work and was hoping you might be able to give me some pointers or mabye UI5 will give the option to select custom icons   :)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2011, 05:30:03 am »
I attached an updated Lua file which adds more descriptive zone labels. The drawback is that some zone names will be too long, so you may want to modify the ZONE_DEFINITIONS variable to give the names you want to the zones. I took them directly from the documentation.

Quote from: zoot1612
mabye UI5 will give the option to select custom icons

This feature has been requested several times, but it's not going to be added soon because it requires some major changes to the MiOS engine.