We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 163497 times)

Offline zoot1612

Re: Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2013, 04:26:44 am »
I have added the temp sensors back in but I don't have anything to test on.

Attached is the file fir Alpha 2 if anyone wants give it a go and let me know if it works.

regards

John

Offline jwiz

« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2013, 12:53:24 am »
I have added the temp sensors back in but I don't have anything to test on.

Attached is the file fir Alpha 2 if anyone wants give it a go and let me know if it works.

regards

John

@zoot1612

I loaded your updated files with the Alpha 2 plugin on my spare vera 2 running UI5 .408. I am getting the zones like ver 1 plugin and I am getting the keypad and zone temperatures showing up. I am not showing my outputs though. Looking at my advanced tab of the panel device it is not showing all the options like your screen shot. I posted mine to see if you have any ideas. I did try uploading all the files again and nothing changed.

Thanks
John

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2013, 04:33:33 am »
@jwiz
Attached new version.

Sorry about that, I am making changes on the fly as I started out playing. Now I might have to take it more seriously and put some tracking infrastructure in place.

Then on top of that I posted the wrong version.

:-[ :-[

Offline big517

« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:07 am »
So this should be working like the plugin posted on the app store, with the addition of Output control, correct?  Does it still show zone status?   

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2013, 05:36:33 pm »
@big517
Unless I have create other problems in the process it should be the same. If you are concerned about running alpha/beta software I suggest you avoid it.

regards

John

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #215 on: January 24, 2013, 11:15:37 pm »
For anyone that does not mind things breaking or broken.

Note:- Most of this work is levered off the existing work of mcvflorin. I have made minimum changes to his code and hopefully alarm panel should work as per normal (no promises)

Download files
D_ElkAlarmPanel1.json
D_ElkAlarmPanel1.xml
D_ElkAlarmPartition1.json
D_ElkAlarmPartition1.xml
S_ElkAlarmPanel1.xml

from here: -
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_elk-alarm-panel/browser/tags/2.0_alpha_1

Download attached files
I_ElkAlarmPanel1.xml
L_ElkAlarmPanel1.lua

Changes

Outputs:-
In parent device add comma seperated list under advanced tab field "OutputControls". (restart)

This creates a binary light device for each output, under advanced tab for each output field "timeOutputActive" can be used to switch off output after set period (sec) default is permanent on.

Output name is automatically updated from alarm panel.

Broken:?

Tasks:-
In parent device add comma seperated list under advanced tab field "Tasks". (restart)

This creates a binary light device for each task, under advanced tab for each task field ?LastUpdate? is updated every time a task is run.
Task  name is automatically updated from alarm panel.

Broken:  Currently once a task binary light is activated it stays on. API indicates when a task is activated but there is no way to indicate a completed task (from what I can see). May add timer to switch off after set period.

Temperature Sensor (Zone): -

Automatically detected by zone implementation.

Broken: Temperature Sensor (Keypad) ? Currently disabled as had to change temp sensor zone implementation as the device was appearing twice, once with zone implementation than temperature implementation.

Broken: Thermostat ? Currently disabled as implementation was creating 16 thermostats whether I wanted them or not.

Auto detection of zone type: -
Added due to temp sensor zones. Currently the following are detected from ELK/NESS M1 and translated into zone type: -

?1?    01 = Burglar Entry/Exit 1          "D_DoorSensor1.xml"
?2?    02 = Burglar Entry/Exit 2          "D_DoorSensor1.xml"
?:?    10 = Fire Alarm                    "D_SmokeSensor1.xml"
?Q?    33 = Temperature                   "D_TemperatureSensor1.xml"

All others default to "D_MotionSensor1.xml"

Some may disagree with this :)

Cheers

John

Offline Shorty

« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2013, 11:44:54 am »
Bully Zoot!  Thanks for picking up the ball and moving it forward.

I am working on my own plugin that will (should) provide lighting control elk and vera.  It can also work with anything else connected to vera (locks, AV, etc) as well as scenes.  You kind of beat me to the punch as your fix now provides the same using outputs and scenes. 

This is my first real plugin and the code will likely show it.  Maybe when I am done someone can help me clean it up and we can consolidate the 2 plugins.  It should make vera the real time zwave controller for elk.

Offline big517

« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2013, 11:54:02 am »
Great to see some action for sure!  I'll try the beta that Zoot fixed up asap.

Thanks everyone.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2013, 04:35:01 pm »
I followed the directions and I'm still stuck on the "Starting up Elk" status.
Is this plugin dependent on an internet connection for some reason?
Thanks.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person. (I guess I'm "Chaotic Neutral").

Offline big517

« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:03 am »
Plugin is stable, but not showing Outputs on mine either.  I'm going to try the link from previous post #212 hoping it will work.

No Luck, Re-downloaded and uploaded the recent files from Trunk, and Zoot's 2 files...  No outputs :(
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:43:20 am by big517 »

Offline jwiz

« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2013, 01:00:06 pm »
Plugin is stable, but not showing Outputs on mine either.  I'm going to try the link from previous post #212 hoping it will work.

No Luck, Re-downloaded and uploaded the recent files from Trunk, and Zoot's 2 files...  No outputs :(

I had to manually add the outputs under the advanced tab so they would show up. I have 15 and 16 setup right now

John

Offline big517

« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2013, 01:55:33 pm »
So in outputcontrol i can type 1,2,3 for the first 3 outputs off elk main board?

Offline jwiz

« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2013, 02:59:39 pm »
So in outputcontrol i can type 1,2,3 for the first 3 outputs off elk main board?

Yes if you add output 1 and turn turn it on it will activate the siren of the speaker output. I did have to reload a second time for it to generate the on and off buttons in the UI

John

Offline big517

« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2013, 08:47:48 pm »

Yes if you add output 1 and turn turn it on it will activate the siren of the speaker output. I did have to reload a second time for it to generate the on and off buttons in the UI

John

Yes, and turning zone 1 OFF with the plugin doesn't turn the alarm off either :)

Took some time, but they showed up.. thanks for the tips.  Anyone want to buy an expander? ;)

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2013, 05:13:54 am »
Yes to get both tasks and outputs working you have to add a comma delimited device list as per attachment.

For outputs once device is created you can add a timer for the amount of time output is on.

Excuse my diagrams :)