Author Topic: Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 101928 times)

Offline edentel

Re: Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #570 on: September 10, 2017, 09:17:20 pm »
After screwing around in the passenger seat during a road trip I managed to get the Panel and Partition devices created.  When I check the logfile for any menention of ElkPlugin in looks like everything is communicating just fine to my newbie eyes.

Two problems:
1) No sensors get created as devices
2) Using any buttons in the Partition page result in "ERROR: Device not ready"

I've attached a copy of the advanced options for both devices and the logfile mentions of ElkPlugin.

*ANY* pointers would be really appreciated!

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #571 on: September 19, 2017, 07:31:13 pm »
@edentel

To a certain extent device creation should be automatic for supported devices. I think your issue more likely stems from something missed in the install.

At best I'm getting "System error : Device: 279. Fail to load implementation file"

I suggest you download and install again, you should not need to delete any files.

By the way the part of the log you sent through looks OK, I will need to see the whole thing to be sure though.

Offline edentel

« Reply #572 on: September 22, 2017, 08:29:07 pm »
I actually logged into the shell and deleted all of the Elk files.  I did a reboot and then uploaded the files from your link.  I rebooted and then created a device with the options below in the image.  Upon reboot I was seeing the same issue.  Hitting "clear" under device control results in "ERROR: Device not ready".

The plugin is communicating as the Vera GUI throws up a message, "Elk Alarm Panel : ELKRP is connected." If I run Elk RP.  Just the functionality is dead.

Checking the LuaUPNP log for anything referring to Elk is now showing:

01      09/22/17 20:25:45.501   LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 292 function elkStartup failed [string "-- Plugin Version..."]:2833: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) <0x76785520>

I appreciate any pointer you might have!