Author Topic: Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 107502 times)

Offline edentel

Re: Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #570 on: September 10, 2017, 09:17:20 pm »
After screwing around in the passenger seat during a road trip I managed to get the Panel and Partition devices created.  When I check the logfile for any menention of ElkPlugin in looks like everything is communicating just fine to my newbie eyes.

Two problems:
1) No sensors get created as devices
2) Using any buttons in the Partition page result in "ERROR: Device not ready"

I've attached a copy of the advanced options for both devices and the logfile mentions of ElkPlugin.

*ANY* pointers would be really appreciated!

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #571 on: September 19, 2017, 07:31:13 pm »
@edentel

To a certain extent device creation should be automatic for supported devices. I think your issue more likely stems from something missed in the install.

At best I'm getting "System error : Device: 279. Fail to load implementation file"

I suggest you download and install again, you should not need to delete any files.

By the way the part of the log you sent through looks OK, I will need to see the whole thing to be sure though.

Offline edentel

« Reply #572 on: September 22, 2017, 08:29:07 pm »
I actually logged into the shell and deleted all of the Elk files.  I did a reboot and then uploaded the files from your link.  I rebooted and then created a device with the options below in the image.  Upon reboot I was seeing the same issue.  Hitting "clear" under device control results in "ERROR: Device not ready".

The plugin is communicating as the Vera GUI throws up a message, "Elk Alarm Panel : ELKRP is connected." If I run Elk RP.  Just the functionality is dead.

Checking the LuaUPNP log for anything referring to Elk is now showing:

01      09/22/17 20:25:45.501   LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 292 function elkStartup failed [string "-- Plugin Version..."]:2833: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) <0x76785520>

I appreciate any pointer you might have!

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #573 on: September 26, 2017, 11:06:13 pm »
@edentel
Not a lot of information to go on  :( . Can you look at what version of firmware on the elk you are running and also go to the following link and ensure your panel is set up in a similar way.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series_INSTEON:ELK_Security_Module

Just the Configuring Elk part of the page and don't worry about the user at this point.

If you can you might get a quicker reply if you DM as I am not on this forum as much these days.

@edentel
Can you send me your complete log, removing any of the sensitive info? It may be some device that I have not catered for. These types of things are always hard to track down when hardware/software varies.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:56:48 pm by zoot1612 »

Offline GregM123

« Reply #574 on: November 09, 2017, 02:57:04 pm »
Hi @zoot1612, I have installed the latest version of the Elk M1 plugin and so far it works pretty good. It's the most comprehensive Elk plugin I have seen. Most Elk integrations only deal with security. With that said, I am experiencing some issues. I can't imagine the difficulty created by the infinite combination of devices you can add to the Elk.

I am not a coder but I have written some simple scripts etc to connect the elk to other devices and have an understanding of the Elk protocol. I am happy to do what I can to help resolve the issues. I will, however, need some direction as I have not done any work in the Vera Lua files.

Here are the issues I am experiencing:

1) The PLC lighting (UPB in my setup) shows the On / Off switch in the web browser interface but not in the app (iphone7 & iPad Pro). The device is listed but the On/Off switch is missing. The outputs show the switch and I can turn them on or off from the app but not the lighting. Also, the dimmers show as On/Off switches.

2) The PLC lighting is not showing the correct status. From the web interface I can send on and off commands and the light turns on and off. The status of the light always displays off.

3) I have an RCS zone controller that is connected to the Elk and it shows up as 4 thermostats. The mode and current temp are correctly displayed but the setpoint show 0℃. Could it be related to the separate heating & cooling setpoints?

4) I am getting alerts from my security sensors every time they change state. Not a huge issue as the alarts are not sent but just logged. When I am in the kitchen, an event is logged every time the motion sensor detects motion. My concern here is that the log is filled with these event making it difficult to find real info.

Let me know if you need access to my system, logs etc.

Cheers,

Greg.