We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 152725 times)

Offline tadr

Re: Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #600 on: October 07, 2018, 10:02:01 pm »
@electnixon

Attached is the update but also waiting for approval on App store.

To exclude PLC lighting: -
Once update has been completed and a restart occurs a new setting is available under the main elk device -> advanced -> variables there should be a new field plcControl. This field is set to "1" as default. Set this to "0" and restart LUUP engine.

After two restarts devices should be removed from the ELK plugin.

Zoot - many thanks for your work on the plugin.  My Elk system stopped syncing with my Vera on 9/29, which led me to investigate the latest update (I had the plugin set to auto-update through the mios app store).  It looks like the fix for 16 keypads in the createKeypads function got lost in the latest update.

If others are having this problem: I changed the loop counter in createKeypads from 8 back to 16 and changed "g_keypads.label = label" to "g_keypads[keypad].label = label" and it appears to be working again for me.

Offline Andys

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #601 on: October 12, 2018, 04:57:46 pm »
I too have had problems with the latest update.
My Vera can see zone status from the m1 but will not respond to arming or disarming which I was using to trigger scenes, nor can I fire M1 outputs from the Vera anymore.

Offline electnixon

« Reply #602 on: October 13, 2018, 10:50:37 am »
Same here.  I can't tell if it's the Elk or the Vera.
Vera is pretty flaky anyway (my backups only display 5% of the time when trying to restore one).
I can see zones but not control them.   :-[

Offline Andys

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #603 on: October 13, 2018, 05:27:59 pm »
Who do we need to contact regarding this?
It?s quite frustrating, as it was working fine and now the update has completely wrecked it.

Offline electnixon

« Reply #604 on: October 14, 2018, 02:16:24 pm »
Zoot manages the app, but it's possible that something changed on the vera which broke it.  I think problems like that are a lot harder to figure out.
He hasn't responded yet but it's also possible that his still works, so not being able to duplicate the problem also makes it harder to figure out.

Offline Andys

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #605 on: October 15, 2018, 07:55:49 am »
Hmm, I wonder if its my Vera playing up.
I had previously installed the ness m1 plugin from Australia (ness have re-branded the elk m1)) but it was slowing the unit down and Vera tech support informed me it was causing the Luup engine to constantly reload. They suggested the elk plugin instead.
I contacted ness and they claim their veras were fine with the ness plugin.
Would still like to somehow rollback the app version so everything works again.

Offline tadr

« Reply #606 on: October 15, 2018, 11:08:55 am »
For what it?s worth, I too tried the Ness plugin when I was troubleshooting my issues after the latest update to the elk m1 plugin.  My vera was also extremely slow with the Ness plugin - it appeared to be working but responses were very very sluggish.  I uninstalled it and fixed the elk plugin (as described above) and everything went back to normal.

For those of you that want to roll back - you can find the various versions of the .lua files on the github page for the Elk m1 plugin - as I mentioned, correcting the lines relating to the keypad loop fixed the issues for me.  For reference, I only have 4 keypads but I also have a supervised aux power supply which shows up as address 16 (by default) on the keypad bus, which was causing my issue.  You should be able to get a better idea of what?s causing your problems by looking at the logs.

Offline lowway

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #607 on: October 15, 2018, 05:01:50 pm »
Not a lot of luck either with the Ness M1. Not sure why it was slow and very unresponsive,  but I simply restored an earlier backup to reinstate Zoot's M1 and all is good again.  Did notice that the Elk version now does all of the other functions (lights,  tasks,  etc) so that seems new and vital for me.  Next step is to purchase the Ness automaton module so I can have Alexa, Google Home or Siri control my Vera via the M1. There's a bit of work in writing rules for every action in M1 to operate the equivalent function in Vera, but I guess it only had to be done once then backed up.

http://nesscorporation.com/101-296a.html

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline Andys

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #608 on: October 15, 2018, 05:09:44 pm »
All the log says is failed to create job.
When I attempt to operate an output- it says command failed.
When I attempt to arm or disarm- I get a device not ready error.
We only have a small system with 1 keypad and using outputs for floor heating and a couple of doors.
@ tadr, is it difficult to do what you have done with the code? I know nothing about code or even where to adjust it on my Vera. I?m wllling to give it a go if it?s not too tricky however..

Offline Andys

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #609 on: October 15, 2018, 05:14:21 pm »
@lowway r u in australia?
There are other options for voice control which connect directly to the Vera instead of the m1.
Saves having to write rules to control zwave lighting.

Offline lowway

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #610 on: October 15, 2018, 05:24:30 pm »
Yep,  in Oz. Are there Vera plugins?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline Andys

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #611 on: October 16, 2018, 03:09:04 am »
Does this look familiar?
http://www.smarthome.com.au/z-wave-automation-bridge.html
Connects directly to the Vera and works pretty well, I?m finding it a bit hit and miss with dimming but on & off work fine using siri.

Offline lowway

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #612 on: October 16, 2018, 03:20:02 am »
cheers, will check it out when I get back from hols

Offline chuckled

« Reply #613 on: October 31, 2018, 06:21:10 am »
I too have had problems with the latest update.
My Vera can see zone status from the m1 but will not respond to arming or disarming which I was using to trigger scenes, nor can I fire M1 outputs from the Vera anymore.

Same issue here with an M1 Gold and M1-XEP, zones will show as tripped in Vera, but I can't arm the partitions from Vera (or Imperihome).

Looking at the Elk logs, any time the system is armed from Vera/Imperihome, it immediately disarms itself - not sure if this is Vera or Elk managing this.

I reloaded a previous backup from a few months back, and that allowed me to arm/disarm the system, so this would align with the previous comments around the recent update.

Offline Andys

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #614 on: October 31, 2018, 09:02:22 am »
Glad I?m not the only one then!
Vera tech support contacted me a few days ago and were going to investigate further, but I have heard nothing since.