We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Feature Request / Question  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Cherokee180c

Feature Request / Question
« on: June 24, 2011, 08:27:24 am »
SquareJohn or SquareMatt,

Is it possible to integrate naitive iphone ipod controls into your software (e.g. launch to the control screen and back in seamlessly)?  It is actually just called Music now I beleive on the iPad/iOS 5.  I believe this is possible since a lot of the GPS navigation programs are able to get you to the artist and playlist controls.  The issue is that I want to expand SQremote to be my main and eventually only interface into Vera for a Homeseer / Crestron or Control 4 like experience.  I beileve your new iPad universal app, combined with the SQ designer should start to let us customize the screen look where we can generate an amazingly proffessional looking system (ie switches with picture of switches background, icons for more functions etc).  Right now I have a macro that is called stream ipod music, where I set my AV system up to connect to the Apple TV2 and can stream music on 2 floors of my house and my deck through Airplay, which works brilliantly.  The issue is I have to close your app, and launch the iPod app to do this, which is a bit clunky.  I am evenually thinking of buying an iPad fixed charging wall mounted bezel frame for mounting in my hallway near my kitchen that could become the fixed hub for the house.

Offline SquareConnectMat

Re: Feature Request / Question
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 12:09:24 pm »
The answer is yes, it is possible to integrate "Airplay" controls. It is on the road map. Other than from me, we haven't had many requests for this, so other features have taken priority.

Mat

Offline Cherokee180c

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 01:14:35 pm »
Well add another to the list. I think the issues you guys have is that your program works so brilliantly that people want to use it beyond the original design scope. I can see where this could fall down the list of priorities, but hopefully adding the iPad native app and SQdesigner will allow the user to do some of the customization.  I am looking forward to the next release to develop my iPad version.

Offline WB-AVL

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 10:48:25 am »
I also think it would be a great feature. Square remote works great but I find I switch a lot between the apple remote and square remote.

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 03:27:37 am »
I'd also like to request this (being an apple TV owner), and also again request to add some sort of support for a mouse a keyboard type of solution, rather than also having to switch out to mobile mouse pro to control my computer.
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster