I do pay for the full package from SafeMart for the Live Watch services from Alarm.com. I have a Vera with a butt load of lights thermostats etc...
How do I link them? I have the SimonXt with the zwave GSM module. Will that module act as a secondary controller to Vera? or does Vera have to be the Secondary? I have over 60 nodes and dont want to manually add them to the Simon.
I have my Vera as Primary, SimonXT as secondary. Locks don't work. They show up, but no functionality since the panel doesn't have a secure connection. And everything is labeled "Device XX" on the website. You just have to turn each one on/off and figure it out...SLOOOW. I haven't finished it yet, and I'm not sure that all my devices transferred either.
Here are some additional instructions I got from Alarm.com:
1) Put the Alarm.com module in "Replicate" mode as follows:
- SimonXT 1.3 and up: Press and hold "*" to enter Z-Wave Mode. Then press/hold "3" to enter "Replicate" mode.
- Concord, NX, and XT 1.2 and below: Press and hold the Z-Wave button to to go "Add" more (4 blinks of Busy light). Press and hold to go to "Delete" mode (2 blinks). Press and hold to go into "Replicate" mode (steady on/off flashing).
2) On existing controller:
To make Alarm.com module primary - do a "primary controller shift"
To make Alarm.com module secondary - put Vera in Include mode
Let sit for a minute or 2 to copy all the information over
(My own step 3, complete guess for Concord, etc)
3) Exit "Replicate" mode
- SimonXT 1.3 and up: Press and hold "#" to exit Z-Wave Mode. Press "Status" to clear display
- Concord, NX, and XT 1.2 and below - Press/release Z-Wave button to exit.
It has been a while since I tried this. I believe I did step 2 first. (Put Vera in Include, put panel in Replicate, then exit)
UPDATE/NOTE: There was a note in the documentation that older modules won't handle lock transfers correctly, which is my main issue. I have asked for clarification.