Author Topic: How to upgrade Vera 2 from UI2 to the latest and greatest software & frimware?  (Read 3641 times)

Offline virginian

I read FAQ but apparently it assumes that you are running UI4.

My greatest concern are Schlage locks, many users experienced issues with locks after upgrade.

Is there a clear step-by-step guide for this upgrade type ?

Offline hightop32

cross your fingers and bend over.

note that upgrading to UI4 means you will be forced to use cp.mios.com and auto-enables central management of your vera.   hope you really need those fixes. 

Offline grybrd

And on the other hand I found upgrading from U12 to U14 a snap so long as one follows the wicki and doesn't forget the 'hack'  ....  my system has been stable just like U12 was.  We  were dependent on findvera.com for our time and notifications on U12 and now will be dependent cp.mios.com for same.

Offline JOD

• Beta Testers
@grybrd,

Finally you took the plunge to upgrade to UI4.
Way to go man....

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline virginian

And on the other hand I found upgrading from U12 to U14 a snap so long as one follows the wicki and doesn't forget the 'hack'  ....  my system has been stable just like U12 was.  We  were dependent on findvera.com for our time and notifications on U12 and now will be dependent cp.mios.com for same.

grybrd,

In my understanding upgrading user interface and firmware are two different things.

All wiki links in this topic reference firmware upgrade. Am I missing something?

Offline grybrd

@JOD ... yup after 14 months on UI2 I jumped in the deep end and very glad I did.

@Virginian ... firmware in this case is like a President saying "I never had I will not be a spammer ........"   In the UI4 case it covers both the UI and Z-wave 3.2
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:03:13 pm by grybrd »

Offline virginian

@JOD ... yup after 14 months on UI2 I jumped in the deep end and very glad I did.

@Virginian ... firmware in this case is like a President saying "I never had I will not be a spammer ........"   In the UI4 case it covers both the UI and Z-wave 3.2

Not that simple:

"To manually load a firmware to your Vera, click the advanced icon in the toolbox section of your Vera's UI.
From there select the tab "FIRMWARE".

And were is that toolbox in the UI2?

Apollo 13 would never return to Earth if they were dealing with manuals like this.