We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Another GE 3-way Dimmer wiring question  (Read 5957 times)

Offline Broncswon

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Another GE 3-way Dimmer wiring question
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 06:27:32 pm »
That's actually a wiring diagram I can understand thanks.  So did you put the scene controller in the place of the light switch in the gang box?  If so I would like to hear some examples of things you are doing with the other scene buttons on the controller.  Since I'm pretty new to this I'm always up for some good ideas.

Offline JOD

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 08:42:35 pm »
@kaldoon,

Understood. If the outlet is always hot, routing is not affected, but if the Z-wave outlet is being switched, it can't route and could cause delays on the network.
That's a good idea to use a zone/scene controller for that switch controlling the outlet. All my bedrooms have that switched outlet, that idea gives me another option I hadn't thought of before.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline kaldoon

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 05:23:27 pm »
@JOD

Have numerous Z-Wave receptacles throught my network(the only outlets that have not been replaced were the boxes on the outside walls that had shallow boxes - house is a 1960 concrete block/stucco) The controlled outlet in the receptacle whether it is on or off will not effect the routing. I understand what you are saying though I use the HA05C  fixtures in numerous closet through out my house and if somebody pulls the string on the fixture the routing table can get a little squirrely  :)