We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 365022 times)

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2011, 07:32:10 pm »
The only iphone/ipad application that it works with is automator.app.
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline dratifk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2011, 08:10:09 pm »
Thanks

Not sure if I should put 1 partition or more. Not sure why arm disarm works but not getting any status info and also not showing plugin version?

Just to refresh: I have 2 physical addresses 16 and 17 with AD2USB on 18. I'm guessing I just need to put in 16,17 for keypad addresses.

In the instructions it says: NOTE #1: The AD2USB's address should not be added to the keypad addresses list for any partition. So I'm guessing I don't put in 18 correct?

Ok in Automator App on the iphone it works but in Vera Dashboard status doesn't show although it works.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 09:12:39 pm by dratifk »

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2011, 09:18:29 pm »
put in the keypadAdress 16,17,18

the keypad 18 is the AD2USB and that's where the program is getting its status from.
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2011, 09:41:12 am »
@dratifk

wseverino is correct, you must also add the AD2USB's address to the list. The instructions were for an older version of the plugin, and I forgot to update them. Sorry for that.

Also, after installing the plugin and restarting Luup, you must also reload the UI.

@wseverino

Version 2.1 of the plugin was experimental, you shouldn't use that. Try the new 2.32 currently in trunk, because it has some optimizations.

Offline dratifk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2011, 10:27:19 am »
I have version 2.2 Running and I added address 18. I have status now which shows. I really don't care if the plug in version shows as long as everything works. How do you upgrade the plugin version to 3?

Also, any way to save the pin code. I realize its a secrity risk but I'd like the option in automator app.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2011, 10:39:19 am »
Also, any way to save the pin code. I realize its a secrity risk but I'd like the option in automator app.

The PIN code is stored, but in this version it's used only for getting the faulted zones. I will add the possibility to do more things with the stored PIN code in the next version.

Offline dratifk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2011, 10:52:33 am »
Thank You. Real happy with the way it works so far. I wish iVera supported this. Automator works but atleast on the iPhone you have to scroll around to arm and disarm and the fields are too small for big fingers. On the iPad the automator app works and looks fine due to the big screen.

I'm guessing to update the plugin you just need to readd the luup files in Mios Developers section Correct? Or do you also need to erase the Ademco partition and panel and redo everything?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2011, 10:59:02 am »
I'm guessing to update the plugin you just need to readd the luup files in Mios Developers section Correct? Or do you also need to erase the Ademco partition and panel and redo everything?

This depends of what changes have been made in the new version. To upgrade to 2.32 you need only to upload the new files, restart Luup and reload the UI.

Offline kevinmrichardson

« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2011, 03:31:01 pm »
I hope I am posting this correctly! (1st time user... ;^) 
Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I cannot get the plugin for AD2USB to work. Any help appreciated!
I have a new Vera2 (factory reset just to trouble shoot with Ad2usb... nothing else is on the Vera2 right now) and a new Ad2usb. The Ad2usb works fine on my PC with putty and i set it for keypad address 5 and also added an alpha keypad on my Ademco Vista40 at address 5. I can control the alarm from my PC so all that seems to work fine. I connect the usb to factory fresh vera2, load the plugin files for ui4 found in the instructions at code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb, add the device with UpnpDevFilename = D_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml and Description = Honeywell Ademco Vista and click create device, restart luup and reload browser. But when I go to the device i just created... I am unable to enter NumPartitions because it is not in the advanced settings. I can't get beyond this point of the install. It never builds the partition device. Any ideas where I'm going wrong? (I also tried the 9 plugin files in trunk 33 just to see if that helped, but for the same result, so whatever I am doing different than everyone else is stopping the install dead in it's tracks!)

Offline dratifk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2011, 07:45:09 pm »
I'll try to help since I just got my working. What are the addresses of your physical keypads. For instance on my 20p I have address 16, 17 used so I went with 18 for my AD2USB

Offline kevinmrichardson

« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2011, 08:11:16 pm »
Thanks! My vista40 has 2 keypads at 1 and 2, and 5 was unconfigured so I set it up as alpha keypad on 5. Then I ran setup on the AD2usb via my pc using putty and told it that it was address 5. Now I am able to see fault data etc from the vista40 and i can type numbers as if I were using a keypad and it works fine, will arm disarm etc from my pc using putty. So that makes me think I have the ad2usb set up correctly with the vista40. The problem seems to come into play when I try to install the plug in on vera. It just does not seem to work for me like it should... I upload the 8 files to vera which works in (i can log in as root on vera and see them all there, with the .lzo suffix) and then I add device/restart luua and reload browser page as desribed in the post above and the device just does not seem to build correctly, becuase I am supposed to then go into advanced settings and set numpartitions to a value (for me it will be 1) but that variable is not in the advanced settings, so I cant set it. Someting in the code is not letting the device build correctly... is there a trick to getting the files uploaded into vera, or a file rename i need to do? I have tried uploading using IE and also chrome, same results.

Offline dratifk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2011, 08:18:44 pm »
OK I guess the addresses are different on the vista40. IF you can arm and disarm from the computer that mean you activated address 5 correctly. So the next step was to upload all the files to Mios developers ---> Luup Files. Once you did this does it create a device? Then were you able to creat a Partition 1?

These should be the files:
  D_VistaAlarmPanel1.json
  D_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml
  D_VistaAlarmPartition1.json
  D_VistaAlarmPartition1.xml
  I_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml
  L_VistaAlarmPanel1.lua
  S_AlarmPartition2.xml
  S_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml

From Here: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/wiki/UI4

What I did was creat a new folder on my desktop and saved the files in the folder by right clicking and save target as. My luup files look like this:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:25:50 pm by dratifk »

Offline kevinmrichardson

« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2011, 09:51:06 pm »
i factory reset vera2 again fyi, so i'm doing this now again as we go along here... i created a fresh folder on win-7 desktop and downloaded all 8 files from the web site, then went to mios developers on vera2 and uploaded all 8 files with no issues, they then appeared in the list of files loaded on vera as in your pic above... then i restarted luup and then refreshed browser and I have a new device. I open control panel on the new device and go to advanced and hunt for the  NumPartitions field... it is not there... also I notice a message in upper right of screen Startup Lua Failed... not sure if that due to it wanting me to fill in the numpartitions field and then restart luup, or if this error is part of my issue...? here is the screen shot just after I create the device, where I get stuck every time, showing the numpartitions field is not present and showing the lua fail msg...

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2011, 10:28:13 pm »
Where did the D_Vista*.txt file come from?  Looks like it should be .json instead.

Offline kevinmrichardson

« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2011, 11:28:41 pm »
after doing this about a hundred times trying to see where I'm going wrong, i have noticed a couple of times internet explorer will turn a json, or xml etc into a .txt when doing a save-as... not sure why... anyway was careful to watch out for that and I believe all my files made it to vera2 with the correct file extentions. here is an ls of the /etc/cmh-ludl on vera2 showing all the correct file names (I hope...).
root@MiOS_21460:~# chdir /etc/cmh-ludl
root@MiOS_21460:/etc/cmh-ludl# ls
D_VistaAlarmPanel1.json.lzo      I_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml.lzo
D_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml.lzo       L_VistaAlarmPanel1.lua.lzo
D_VistaAlarmPartition1.json.lzo  S_AlarmPartition2.xml.lzo
D_VistaAlarmPartition1.xml.lzo   S_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml.lzo
root@MiOS_21460:/etc/cmh-ludl#
so, when i restart ludl and refresh browser... the device i created just does not have a numpartitions field, which prevents the child partition from ever getting created...