We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 367451 times)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2011, 05:10:40 am »
Without the FaultedZones variable, how is someone to know what zone is preventing the alarm from being "Ready"?

Well, the zones have their own devices (motions sensors) so you can see which is tripped. I also modified the plugin to append the zone number at the name. See attached picture.

Also, as a test I unplugged the AD2USB adapter... nothing happened, no message and the ConnectionDown variable stayed at 0.

To find if the connection is up or down, the plugin records the last time it received a message. If it hasn't received any message for more than a minute, it considers the connection down. The recorded time was checked every 5 minutes. I modified the plugin so now this is a configurable parameter (CheckConnectionTimer). Also I reduced the default value to 3 minutes.

I still think we need an indication somewhere on the alarm UI tiles, I just didn't think it was necessary to display "Connection Down: 0" when everything was good.

You can create a virtual switch that will turn on when the connection is down.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2011, 05:15:49 am »
Are all the new files UI5 ready?

Not yet, I wanted to make sure that the plugin is good enough before porting it to UI5.

I'm guessing the Alarm event is being sent twice? (which would stop the code and leave the lights on)

The Alarm variable is set to Active only once. I don't know why or if the event is triggered twice. You can look in the logs to see if the event is evaluated twice.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:20:18 am by mcvflorin »

Offline shahhim

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2011, 12:21:47 pm »
Uploaded all 9 files couple of times. Created device couple of times(using all the steps including key pad addresss and Serial port configuration. Still unable to load cheat sheet !!!!
Status on partition changed to "not ready" once. Now status does not update, even if i trip a different sensor
Able to arm/disarm from UI4
Since this problem is persisting, I am thinking DO I NEED TO GO IN AND DELETE ALL 9 FILES OR OVERWRITING SHOULD BE   ENOUGH
Need Help !!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:26:27 pm by shahhim »

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2011, 12:37:42 pm »
Hi shahhim,

Overwriting should be enough. What browser do you use? If you use Firefox you can use the FireBug extension to find why the cheat sheet isn't loading. But first, just to be sure, delete all the 9 files from Vera and re-upload them.

Offline shahhim

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2011, 12:58:13 pm »
Thanks mcvflorin,
Browser: Internet explorer. Is Firefox better ? If so, I will download it and use it.
When you say " delete all the 9 files from Vera" - Do you mean, log on to vera using putty, go to /etc/cmh-ludl, locate each file and delete them(because, I think that is the only way to delete them from Vera) and upload again  or you mean delete from my computer, re-download and upload again ?? I just want to be sure before I do anything.

Thanks
shahhim
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 01:00:33 pm by shahhim »

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2011, 01:32:37 pm »
Yes, you must log on to Vera using PuTTY, this is the only way to delete the files. Actually there is another way using Lua, but it's safer to delete them from the console.

Offline shahhim

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2011, 02:08:39 pm »
THANKS MCVFLORIN
Deleted all files from Vera. To be on the safe side downloaded Firefox. Uploaded all 9 files through Firefox
And IT'S WORKING !!!
Very excited to be able to use all the sensors to trigger events !!
Thanks again
shahhim

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2011, 04:27:06 pm »
@mcvflorin,
I've noticed that the partition status isn't updating to "Not Ready" whenever a zone is faulted.  The zone shows faulted within seconds but the status will still show "Ready".  I can force it to update if I send a disarm command, even thought the system wasn't armed.

I'm at version 2.4 (Trunk 39).

Thanks,
kbmcguire

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2011, 02:43:46 am »
Can you enable DebugMode on the plugin and have a look at the logs, or send me captures from the logs when this happens (only the lines starting with 50 and 52)?

Thanks.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2011, 07:51:42 am »
Should be fixed in revision 41. You only need to replace the Lua file. Please try it and let me know if this still happens.

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2011, 08:04:52 am »
Updated files to the latest trunk (41).  Looks better!  I'll let you know if I have any more issues.

Thanks,
kbmcguire

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2011, 08:11:15 am »
By the way, I recommend disabling the DebugMode for the plugin when not debugging, as it's pouring a lot of data into the LuaUPnP.log file.

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2011, 04:00:20 pm »
Hi mcvflorin,

Any possibility in the near future to add detection for specific faults to trigger events? This would be a great feature so we can all utilize our existing sensors! Let us know..

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2011, 04:03:33 pm »
Hi mcvflorin,

Any possibility in the near future to add detection for specific faults to trigger events? This would be a great feature so we can all utilize our existing sensors! Let us know..

Already implemented in the latest beta version of the plugin.  You can get it here: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/browser/trunk

kbmcguire

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2011, 09:51:28 pm »
Lesson learned for the day! When you go into the trunk don't right click on the file name and do a save as.......

I struggled for the last 2 days on the upgrade and found out that it corrupts the files. Best bet is to click on the file name and open up the code so you see it in the SVN repository. Then click the download it in original format at the bottom of the page.

Feel like a real DA!!!

My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....