Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 90845 times)

mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #240 on: December 12, 2011, 12:07:53 am »
@waynebrady

This is a panel limitation: it doesn't send FAULT messages when armed.

Anyway, doesn't faulting sensors when the panel is armed trigger the alarm?

guessed

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, UI-Broken#5
« Reply #241 on: December 12, 2011, 07:23:42 am »
...not when they're either bypassed, or if you're in a Stay mode, and it's the motion sensors.
Home automation, $$$, using forum search, priceless:

mathewss

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2011, 04:21:03 pm »
Is it possible to get sensor trips when armed? I usually arm my house at night, but I still want to get some of my motion sensors to trip so I can create a scene to turn on lights.

If they are 58XX rf sensors then its easy using RFX messages. If they are hard wired zones on a zone expander then again its easy with EXP messages. If they are hard wired directly to the panel then with some work yes. You can use the Virtual Relay Expander and program the alarm to trip the virtual relay ON/OFF when you open / close the zone and listen for REL messages.

Hope this helps.

Re
 Sean M
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:22:45 pm by mathewss »

mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2011, 01:36:53 am »
If they are 58XX rf sensors then its easy using RFX messages. If they are hard wired zones on a zone expander then again its easy with EXP messages. If they are hard wired directly to the panel then with some work yes. You can use the Virtual Relay Expander and program the alarm to trip the virtual relay ON/OFF when you open / close the zone and listen for REL messages.

Now we know what will be the new feature in the next plugin version. :)

yr1

« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2011, 07:17:40 am »
Downloads of lump files for UI4  requires authentication .

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/wiki/UI4

Please make them accessible.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:26:36 am by yr1 »

JimL

« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2011, 11:47:48 am »
If someone could point me in the right direction to solve this issue.

I installed the AD2USB plugin for my Vera2 UI4.  The NuTech is configured for keypad address 18.
The plugin locates AD2USB unit.   It's connected to my Vista20P system.  Both partitions are activated for keypad 18.

The plugin find the alarm panel and creates two partitions for keypad address 18.  Here is the problem.

Partition 1 will not display ANY status in the icon.
Partition 1 is missing the following variables in the Advanced Tab: Alarm, AlarmMemory, ChimeMode, ArmMode, DetailedArmMode

Partition 1 WILL work if I enter in a code and action.   Status is not displayed for any keypad icons.

Partition 2 works just fine.

I have reinstalled the plug-in: Version 2.41
I get the behavior each time.   Outgoing commands function, but incoming status gets lost (only for part1).

I suspect, I need to delete some variable state and the plug-in files and start over.

Ideas or logs I can scour to look in the right direction?

mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2011, 01:17:25 am »
@yr1

I changed the URLs to point to the public repository. Previously they were pointing to the private repository.

mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2011, 01:20:06 am »
@JimL

You can't have 2 partitions with the same keypad. How many keypads do you have excluding the AD2USB?

yoabear

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2011, 05:47:56 pm »
Fairly new here and I am having trouble getting the AD2USB to work with vera3.  I have downloaded and installed the plugin in vera.  I have also confirmed that AD2USB is working by installing Putty on my computer as well as AD2USBgui and using the computer to turn on/off the alarm.  However when I connect AD2USB to vera it does seem to connect.

I have set up the correct number of partitions (1) and keypad address (31) in the devices.  I have also set up the serial port, however I have noticed that I get this error...

Data sent, but received JSON is invalid.

Suggestions?
Thanks Jason

mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: December 22, 2011, 06:27:36 am »
I haven't seen this error before. When exactly do you get that error?

JimL

« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2011, 10:14:05 am »
@JimL

You can't have 2 partitions with the same keypad. How many keypads do you have excluding the AD2USB?

On the Vista20P, one keypad controls BOTH partitions.

On my installation, I have ONE keypad (Addr 16).   It is a 6150V that controls BOTH partitions.  The DEFAULT partition is #1.
<CODE> *1 or *2 switches partitions at the keypad.

I can set my AD2USB keypad address to ONLY control partition 1.   It is my primary partition.

I made the assumption that by setting the keypad address to be the same for both partitions,
the code would control the appropriate partition separately.  (THAT PART DOES WORK).
However, status, etc.  Isn't happening for Part1.

So, how do you set up the AD2USB code to display AND control both partitions on a V20P?

mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2011, 10:57:30 am »
On the Vista20P, one keypad controls BOTH partitions.

I didn't know this is possible, which means that the plugin wasn't made to handle this situation. I will have a look at it.

JimL

« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2011, 11:42:54 am »
Please check out the Vista 15/20P User guide "Accessing Other Partitions" (PDF)

A keypad has a "default" partition for display purposes, but can be used to perform actions in other partitions.

The "goto" command was the one I was previously referring to...

The possibility of Multi-partition arming commands is also possible.

I currently use both partitions on my system (1 default for house, and 2 for the garage)   I access the 2nd partition via the "goto" command on the main keypad.  I can disarm the garage w/out disarming the house.

If this requires new coding, I can reconfigure my plug-in to act as designed as a "single keypad" for the primary partition.

mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2011, 01:48:54 am »
Actually the plugin makes use extensively of the GOTO command to control more than one partition. When I said that I didn't know this is possible I was thinking of another way of control (don't ask which is that  :-X). Anyway, I won't get to work on the plugin this year, so most probably this will be fixed in the second week of the new year.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:50:55 am by mcvflorin »

mogul

Updating AD2USB firmware on a Mac?
« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2011, 03:33:12 pm »
Hi all,

I've got an AD2USB hooked into a Vista 20SE security panel. Every command I try with it results in "Sending..............." (with no timeout).

My AD2USB is at firmware version 2.2a1, and I've just realized from reading earlier in this thread that it must be upgraded to 2.2a2 or higher firmware to properly support "non-addressable" keypads on the SE panels (where every keypad is expected to have ID 31).

OK, so I just need to upgrade the firmware using AD2USBGUI, right?  Not so fast... The GUI doesn't seem to be able to do *anything* with the AD2USB,
even with the correct /dev entry in the config (which works fine in Terminal). Nothing in the logs, no responses, no ability to reset, nothing. I tried restarting the GUI. I tried using the upgrade firmware function blindly, with no feedback... Nothing.

I also tried using the separate "console firmware uploader" on nutech.com's forums, but with no luck (argh, not allowed to post links):
www nutech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=74&func=view&catid=4&id=1158#1176

And yet there seem to be plenty of other people getting through this with no problem.  I'm guessing that I'm stuck in a perfect storm of SE panel, old firmware, Mac host, etc.

So my question is, has anyone with a Mac ever successfully upgraded their AD2USB firmware? Can anyone shed light on why the GUI does absolutely nothing? Can anyone identify another way to update the firmware?

Incidentally, I've mailed and called NuTech support about this too (ref #33109), but as it's now New Year's Eve, there's no one responding.

PLEASE HELP ASAP! I realize it's New Year's Eve, but I'm only at the house
where this problem is happening for another 24 hours, and it'll be at least a month (and several more weekend renters screwing up disabling the alarm!)
before I'm here and able to work on this again!

Thanks,
Bret
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:35:17 pm by mogul »