We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 387554 times)

Offline mattwhit

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #360 on: March 20, 2012, 12:18:52 am »
Thanks Garrett...  I do have your app installed and it does work...

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #361 on: March 20, 2012, 12:29:18 am »
Thanks for confirming that it works. So it appears that HomeBuddy is not working. I know that rakstar is working on a newer version. So hopefully that will be fixed in time.

- Garrett

Offline mattwhit

« Reply #362 on: March 20, 2012, 12:39:16 am »
NP... just loaded the Beta... Like the interface, very slick!

Offline Tired

« Reply #363 on: March 20, 2012, 12:47:25 am »
Stop me if you've heard this before.... but I've gone through all 25 pages of this and haven't found it.

I've got a rebranded 20SE that's working fine with this plugin, but I have a slightly annoying problem.

Anytime there's some fault (say, me walking by the motion sensor), all the panels (remember this is an SE) say "Fault 08 Motion Sensor" and then on the next message (either a repeat of the "Fault 08..." or "****Disarmed**** Ready to arm") their display backlights turn on for a minute or so.

Is anybody else experiencing this too? Maybe those with an SE alarm?

I assume it's the "*" being sent that turns on the backlight, right? Can the plugin refrain from sending the "*" if the message starts with "Fault" since it's obviously reporting a fault. Or look for the "Disarmed. Press * to show faults" message?

Yeah, I can look at it as a feature- I know that Vera is communicating with my alarm panel every time I see that backlight. But the problem is that if my wife notices this, I might have to fess up and admit that I've bought Vera, the AD2USB, and a whole bunch of other stuff that she hasn't noticed yet.

Offline mattwhit

« Reply #364 on: March 20, 2012, 01:15:23 am »
I too noticed that my 6160 keypad that is mounted by the panel lights up and displays the fault.  This was a new keypad so I thought it was a new feature... Makes sense that the AD2USB is causing this...  I have two other panels (both graphic touch TUXW and 6271) no problem with these... Panel is Vista 21ip...

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #365 on: March 20, 2012, 04:28:29 am »
@Tired and @mattwhit
Please try the attached file for your UI.

Edit: Corrected the attached files.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:54:58 am by mcvflorin »

Offline mattwhit

« Reply #366 on: March 20, 2012, 11:48:33 am »
Uploaded, now I'm getting "Ademco Vista Alarm Panel[83] : Lua Engine Failed to Load"

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #367 on: March 20, 2012, 11:55:27 am »
I fixed the files now, please download and try again.

Offline mattwhit

« Reply #368 on: March 20, 2012, 12:17:04 pm »
Thanks mcvflorin...

Working again but no go on the Home Buddy app and the 6160 panel still lights and automatically shows the fault.  (unplugged the AD2USB from Vera 2 and faulting notification on the panel returned to normal; zone tripped displays fault press * with no display backlighting) this doesn't bother me, I actually kind of like seeing the fault but can understand where constantly tripping a motion sensor would get annoying

Offline Tired

« Reply #369 on: March 21, 2012, 12:16:40 am »
Thanks! It's working for me under UI4.

After the initial disarm, it shows "Disarmed-Press * to show faults" and then the backlight turns on, but subsequent trips of the sensors don't cause the backlight to turn on.

As mentioned before, this is on what I assume to be a rebranded SE alarm with the common panel address. Though the key layout of the panel is different from the 6160, it has a alpha-numeric (bitmapped) display identical to the 6160 family.

Homebuddy also seems to work, though I haven't exercised it that extensively.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #370 on: March 21, 2012, 04:57:37 am »
@mattwhit
Please upload the files attached on these posts for compatibility with HomeBuddy.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,7266.msg64937.html#msg64937
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,7266.msg64955.html#msg64955

The plugin still sends '*' when it receives the message Press * for faults, but it doesn't send when the message is FAULT xx.

Offline mattwhit

« Reply #371 on: March 21, 2012, 02:01:27 pm »
mcvflorin,

I uploaded those files back on March 2nd.  It fixed the issue.  Just reloaded them, still no Home Buddy recognition.  AutHomation works fine.  One other note: My Apps shows the AD2USB plugin at 2.44, the Ademco Vista Alarm Panel device indicates 2.45. Screen shots attached.
 I'm running UI5 1.5.346.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #372 on: March 22, 2012, 05:42:58 am »
One other note: My Apps shows the AD2USB plugin at 2.44, the Ademco Vista Alarm Panel device indicates 2.45. Screen shots attached.

That's normal, the Lua file you uploaded is from version 2.45. When did Home Buddy stopped recognizing the plugin?

Offline realbass1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #373 on: March 27, 2012, 01:00:49 pm »
Please upgrade to 2.2a.4 that. 2.2a.2 only required sending a single character down to the AD2USB to trigger a F1-F4 button. 2.2a.4 requires sending 3 so tripping by accident an alarm is much more difficult. 2.2a.4 has a few glitches but nothing critical. If you want better support for Vista 128 or 50 panels you should try the beta 2.2a.5

Re
 Sean M

Since the upgrade I have not received a single false arming. Thanks!

Offline Tired

« Reply #374 on: April 01, 2012, 03:10:28 pm »
Again, stop me if you've heard this before, but my dashboard was reporting a door that triggered even though it had been closed longer than the timeout. Opening and closing the door didn't cause the problem to fix itself, but hitting the refresh/reload button (that one with the two circular arrows) rebooted things.

Is this a known/addressed problem, or is it possibly a quirk of my system?