We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362636 times)

Offline Latz

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #570 on: January 23, 2013, 09:38:37 pm »
hey @mcvflorin the script was working fine but then it started saying 'cannot arm/disarm without pin code' again?  It was working fine then suddenly stopped  :( any ideas what could be going on?  As far as I know, I haven't changed anything.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #571 on: January 24, 2013, 07:30:31 am »
Probably Vera rebooted (power outage?) and the stored PIN codes were lost.

Offline Poe1

« Reply #572 on: January 24, 2013, 09:47:54 am »
I'm trying to trigger events (turn lights on, etc) based on motion sensors tripping.  Everything works great when the system is in the "Ready" Status.  I see sensors getting tripped in the UI and it triggers scenes/lights as I intend.  However, when I change it armed in the "Stay" mode, the motion sensors no longer get tripped, nothing get's updated in vera's UI, and therefore it won't trigger my scenes.

Is there a settings somewhere that I've got to change?

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find any info, so sorry if this has already been discussed.....

Any help?

Thanks.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #573 on: January 24, 2013, 10:47:25 am »
@Poe1

That's normal, I explained why this happens in a previous message in this thread. You may want to try @hugheaves' version available in trunk. He added several nice features. Unfortunately I didn't have time to test his new version and update the documentation.

Offline Poe1

« Reply #574 on: January 26, 2013, 06:31:11 am »
Thanks, mcvflorin.  I'll give that a try.

-Cheers

Offline triangledave

« Reply #575 on: January 27, 2013, 02:16:11 pm »
I have my vista 20p with 17 sensors working with Vera via AD2USB.  The integration is great and I am able to use the sensors for other things in Vera.  One last little hiccup.  On the UI5 screen, I have the icon for arming and disarming the system which works nearly perfectly.  I click arm-stay, it correctly arms.  I click arm-night-stay, it correctly arms.  I click disarm, it correctly disarms.  However, when I click arm-away, the system does an arm-stay instead.  Otherwise, things have been running very well.

Any suggestion as to what the glitch might be with arm-away?

Thank you.

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #576 on: January 27, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »
triangledave,

sounds like the auto stay armed is enabled in the programming menu, which will change away mode to stay mode if no entry/exit door is opened and closed within the delay time. enter programming mode and change option *84 to 0.

Offline triangledave

« Reply #577 on: January 27, 2013, 10:59:33 pm »
Awesome!  That did it.  Thank you.

David

Offline Latz

« Reply #578 on: January 28, 2013, 06:40:38 pm »
Probably Vera rebooted (power outage?) and the stored PIN codes were lost.

Oh, I thought the purpose of the lua startup script was to enter the pin code for me?  Does that mean every time there is a power outage or it's physically unplugged I will have to store the pin code again?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #579 on: January 29, 2013, 02:42:46 am »
It's the bug I mentioned in a previous post:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,7266.msg98510.html#msg98510

Upload the attached file to fix it.

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #580 on: January 30, 2013, 11:55:15 am »
@mcvflorin,

Just as an FYI, the new release of the AD2USB plug-in got pushed to my Vera even though my "auto-update" check box was not checked. (Because I'm running the version from SVN head, I didn't want it to auto-update). I realized once all the motion sensors in my house stopped working what had happened.

I don't know if this is a bug, or if this was some sort of "forced" update that overrode the auto-update setting.

Hugh

The HA "collection" so far: MiCasaVerde: 1x VeraLite, RTCOA: 3x 3M-50, GE: 1x 45606, 3x 45613, 5x 54614, Kwikset: 1x 99100-004, Intermatic: 6x CA3000, 6x CA600, 8x HA01, 2x HA02, 12x HA03, 2x HA04, 3x HA05,  6x HA07, 7x HA09, Honeywell: 1x Vista 20P, NuTech: 1x AD2USB

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #581 on: January 30, 2013, 09:03:47 pm »
Looks like mine auto updated as well, also had auto update un checked, causing the rf devices not enroled in my panel to stop working and the cheatsheet no longer has the serial # column, can I just re upload all the files in the trunk to get back to the old version?

Offline Latz

« Reply #582 on: January 31, 2013, 12:49:00 pm »
@mcvflorin

Ah!  I've been banging my head the last couple of days to figure out why my Vera has given me the yellow screen of death.  Is there a way to roll back to the previous version or figure out why it's causing my Vera to die? 

It seems fine with the software plugin installed, as soon as I physically plug in the USB cable to the AD2USB, that's when I get the yellow screen of death.  It was working fine before the update (apart from that bug you drew my attention to).

PS I had the 'auto-update' option checked on

Any help appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:52:03 pm by Latz »

Offline Latz

« Reply #583 on: January 31, 2013, 01:39:10 pm »
Not sure if this will help anyone else who might be experiencing the same troubles I was.

If you get the yellow screen of death, do the following:

Restore your Vera to factory defaults
UNPLUG YOUR AD2USB FROM THE VERA USB PORT FIRST!  To restore your Vera, you should try to reset it to factory defaults by pressing and holding the reset button for more than 15 seconds. (you will need a paper clip - the reset button is near the "-" button).

Restore a backup
  • Use your browser to connect to the Vera
  • Login to your Mios Vera account under the 'Account' tab.
  • Select the 'Setup' tab, then select 'Backup'
  • Roll back to a backup a few days prior
  • Wait for the restore to finish and reboot when told to do so

Prepare to reconnect AD2USB
  • Reconnect the AD2USB to the Vera USB port, then click the 'Reload' button on the Vera UI (keep the Vera powered on whilst making the connection)
  • Click on the 'Apps' tab, then select 'Develop Apps' then select 'Serial Port Configuration'
  • Ensure all settings are as per the setup guide here => http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/wiki/UI5
  • Click 'Save' and all should now be well.

In my case, this cured the problem.  It appears the serial port configuration was wrong.  It was fine for months but all of a sudden it had changed itself!  Cause unkown.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:42:09 pm by Latz »

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #584 on: January 31, 2013, 10:44:39 pm »
I restored to a backup from about a week ago and it is working again, just wondering if there is anything i can do to prevent it from auto updating even though i have it unchecked. thanks for your help.

edited to add: it already auto updated again now rf sensors stopped working
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:53:05 pm by SteveZ »