We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362817 times)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #585 on: February 04, 2013, 01:11:48 pm »
I don't see how this plugin can cause an YSOD, so I'm curious about what really happens. Can you send me an e-mail to florin at mios dot com with the serial # of you Vera?

Offline Poe1

« Reply #586 on: February 08, 2013, 03:38:19 pm »
I'm trying to trigger events (turn lights on, etc) based on motion sensors tripping.  Everything works great when the system is in the "Ready" Status.  I see sensors getting tripped in the UI and it triggers scenes/lights as I intend.  However, when I change it armed in the "Stay" mode, the motion sensors no longer get tripped, nothing get's updated in vera's UI, and therefore it won't trigger my scenes.

Is there a settings somewhere that I've got to change?

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find any info, so sorry if this has already been discussed.....

Any help?

Thanks.
@Poe1

That's normal, I explained why this happens in a previous message in this thread. You may want to try @hugheaves' version available in trunk. He added several nice features. Unfortunately I didn't have time to test his new version and update the documentation.

Can someone who's been able to get sensors tripped when in "Armed Stay" mode verify I'm on the right path?  I've read thru the ~40 pages of on this thread and it's been a little challenging to nail down exactly what I need to do.  But he's what seems to be the steps:

I'm unable to get into programming mode in the 20P.  I used to be able to, but now it just beeps at me and won't let me in.  So before I spend money to get the my local alarm company out here I wanted to make sure I've done everything else right.  I know this isn't a forum on how to program/troubleshoot the 20P, but if anyone has any advice on that, I'm all ears.

I appreciate all of the great content this community provides.

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #587 on: February 08, 2013, 07:42:41 pm »
Poe1
using hugheaves code only wireless sensors will report tripped status during an armed state and i think you will still need to enter in the serial # in the cheat sheet. wired sensors will still not report tripped in any armed mode even with hugheaves code. from what I understand it is not possible because the ademco bus does not display that info when armed.

and for your second problem with being locked out you can try this. unplug battery and transformer, power up then press * and # at the same time within 50 seconds of poweing up on a alpha keypad, you may have exited programming mode with *98 instead of *99.

Offline Poe1

« Reply #588 on: February 08, 2013, 08:54:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply SteveZ.  Bummer about the wired sensors, but sounds like there's not much that can be done.

Thanks for the tip about how to get back into programming mode.  Do I hit * and # within 50 seconds of plugging the transformer and battery back in, or within 50 seconds after the alpha keypad shows the system is finished booting.  I just want to make sure because hitting * and # at the same time on my keypad causes a "panic" condition.

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #589 on: February 08, 2013, 09:17:40 pm »
yes after plugging in the transformer hit  * and  # at the same time, right away

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #590 on: February 09, 2013, 04:32:48 pm »
wired sensors will still not report tripped in any armed mode even with hugheaves code. from what I understand it is not possible because the ademco bus does not display that info when armed.

Actually, wired sensors report tripped in any armed mode, just as long as you setup the virtual relays as described in the AD2USB/nutech forums. You enter the virtual relay address / channel numbers on the cheat sheet just like the RF serial #'s. (see attached screenshot)

Here's the post on the nutech forums describing the relay setup:

http://www.nutech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=74&func=view&catid=4&id=656

I have >12 hard wired motion sensors on my 20P, and they all report tripped status regardless of the armed mode.

Hugh
The HA "collection" so far: MiCasaVerde: 1x VeraLite, RTCOA: 3x 3M-50, GE: 1x 45606, 3x 45613, 5x 54614, Kwikset: 1x 99100-004, Intermatic: 6x CA3000, 6x CA600, 8x HA01, 2x HA02, 12x HA03, 2x HA04, 3x HA05,  6x HA07, 7x HA09, Honeywell: 1x Vista 20P, NuTech: 1x AD2USB

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #591 on: February 10, 2013, 01:17:33 pm »
Thanks Hugh, I had no idea. I must have missed that in previous posts.

Offline jrtech

« Reply #592 on: February 17, 2013, 02:40:48 am »
Are there any android apps that support remote arm/disarm of individual partitions using this plugin?

I'm using the RS232 plugin now, and none of the Android apps I try seem to work with it.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #593 on: February 17, 2013, 03:25:54 am »
If it implements the proper alarm partition service id, which it looks like it does looking at the code, it should work under my app "AutHomation(HD)".

- Garrett

Offline jrtech

« Reply #594 on: February 17, 2013, 02:00:58 pm »
Garrett,
I have your app. The RS232 plugin doesn't appear to work with it. Can you take a look at the code and see if it's implementing the correct service id?

Offline adro

« Reply #595 on: February 27, 2013, 07:52:03 am »
Hello.
Need some help please.

I have set up my Vera and the ad2usb, working nice. Able to arm, disarm et. and Vera tells me when the system is not ready (eg open door etc.)
I have only RF devices, starting at zone#9, which is main door.
I have created this zone in cheat sheet and placed it in the right room. However the status is not updated, (status updated main alarm panel) so where do I link the
zone to the real door device?
Hope you understand the question, english is not my native language.
Regards
Atle
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:54:52 am by adro »

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #596 on: February 27, 2013, 02:37:26 pm »
wired sensors will still not report tripped in any armed mode even with hugheaves code. from what I understand it is not possible because the ademco bus does not display that info when armed.

Actually, wired sensors report tripped in any armed mode, just as long as you setup the virtual relays as described in the AD2USB/nutech forums. You enter the virtual relay address / channel numbers on the cheat sheet just like the RF serial #'s. (see attached screenshot)

Here's the post on the nutech forums describing the relay setup:

http://www.nutech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=74&func=view&catid=4&id=656

I have >12 hard wired motion sensors on my 20P, and they all report tripped status regardless of the armed mode.

Hugh

Hugh - what does the Channel/Loop # represent in your Cheatsheet for hardwired zones? Is that the corresponding hardwired Output Device#/Zone# (# 1-8) that you program in the panel in *79 and *80? Also, I made an Output Device Programming cheat sheet. Is this correct? I have a Vista 20P.

***I found this old post from Hugh but it doesn't explain what channel represents for hardwired zones?
From the UI perspective, I think just adding the two columns to the "Cheat Sheet" would be sufficient:

Address / Serial - enter the expander address for EXP/REL zones, or the RF serial number for RFX zones
    Channel / Loop - enter the channel number for EXP/REL zones, or the RF loop number for RFX zones

***EDIT*** So I posted this question on the Nutech forum as well and they said the Relay should be 1-4 for module 12 and 1-4 for module 13. New cheat sheet attached. Is this correct?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:17:07 am by shep29 »

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #597 on: February 27, 2013, 05:54:30 pm »
I upgraded to version 2.45 today and everything seemed to be working but now I keep getting a Connection Down error in Dashboard. I'm running UI4.

Anyone having this issue and know what could be causing it?

***UPDATE*** I updated the AD2USB firmware to Beta V2.2A.7, which gets you Relay Support, and changed the Baud Rate in Serial Port Configuration in Dashboard to 115200 to match and all seems to be working again. It was at 9600 previously.

@Mcvflorin is this correct?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:30:09 am by shep29 »

Offline mtncomm1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #598 on: March 05, 2013, 01:27:36 pm »
When the alarm panel is tripped and disarmed locally with one of two keypads (on a Visa 20P panel), the alarm panel will not clear the alarm condition from the keypad; even after entering pin code and Off twice as directed. Alarm condition can only be cleared by hitting Disarm button on  the Partition 1 device from Dashboard, then using "Clear" button on Alarm Panel tab.

Is there a way to correct this, so the alarm condition can be cleared either locally from a keypad OR remotely from an app or from Dashboard WITHOUT having to do both?

Offline mtncomm1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #599 on: March 05, 2013, 01:40:17 pm »
I am looking for apps, for both Android & iPhone, that will allow client to access more than one Vera at different locations and Arm/Disarm the Vista 20P panels. Vera Mobile only shows individual zone sensors and no device or tab to actually arm/disarm partitions. Home Buddy & Authomation are both great apps, but neither is very easy to switch between different Veras for local or remote control without crashing or failing to switch between Veras. Have not had the client try any "paid" apps, but will make the recommendation IF there is one out there that will "fill the bill" so to speak.