We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362683 times)

Offline Crazman

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #615 on: April 14, 2013, 12:54:55 pm »
I am running a Vista 20p panel with the AD2USB and version 2.47 of the app on UI5.  All of my sensors are wireless.  I would like to set up my Vera 3 such that when the main vista alarm panel sounds after a trip in one of the zones the notification that gets sent out includes information containing the zone that has tripped. 

It was suggested that I could set up a scene that uses the alarm panel going into alarm as the trigger to arm all of the individual sensors.  I have tried this and it does not work for me on two fronts.  If the device isn?t armed or rather bypassed, the main alarm panel doesn?t go into full alarm mode, if I work around this, in the event that someone triggers a door sensor and then closes the door behind them, when the app arms the sensor it reads the current state (regardless of TTL) and no notification is sent as it thinks that all is fine.

I?m currently looking in the L_VistaAlarmPanel1.lua code in hopes that I could write some lines that would send out a tripped device notification only if the panel goes into alarm mode (the alarm sounds).  This would be instead of the current functionality, which is to send out a notification of a tripped device if the Panel is in an armed state.  I see some stuff about updating zone status but nothing regarding notifications.  Could anybody help me by letting me know where the code containing notifications is and insight on how this might be accomplished?  I?m not very good with code and I have limited experience with Python and C.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #616 on: April 15, 2013, 04:41:50 am »
I published @hugheaves version as version 3.0 in the MiOS Apps, so now this will be the default version that's installed.

Offline habano

« Reply #617 on: April 15, 2013, 10:52:51 pm »
I've never had any problems with this plugin, but today it automatically upgraded to 3.0. When certain doors and windows trip, I've always gotten a text message on my phone and an announcement over my speakers. Now when I open a door or window, I get bombarded with notifications  ???. I suppose that means the plugin keeps resetting its tripped status every couple of seconds. Do I need to change a setting somewhere to correct this?

Offline mattwhit

« Reply #618 on: April 15, 2013, 11:24:52 pm »
nas4a and SteveZ,

Thanks for sending the info.  Sorry for the late reply (notification went to spam) Makes sense that rebooting without the AD2USB connected would lose the settings. I have been aware of the serial config for quite some time.  My issue is I cannot get it to work even after reconfiguring.  I just get "missing port"... I've spent hours installing/removing the app and trying to reconfigure. Still down. This has been the longest it hasn't worked. I'll open another ticket to see the team can fix.  As I mentioned before, the tech team (someone offshore) did get it to work again briefly, but it's been down since March 15th...

Thanks!

Matt

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #619 on: April 16, 2013, 04:23:37 am »
I've never had any problems with this plugin, but today it automatically upgraded to 3.0. When certain doors and windows trip, I've always gotten a text message on my phone and an announcement over my speakers. Now when I open a door or window, I get bombarded with notifications  ???. I suppose that means the plugin keeps resetting its tripped status every couple of seconds. Do I need to change a setting somewhere to correct this?

If you didn't have problems with the old version, uninstall the plugin, then go to apps.mios.com and install the old version (the dropdown is above the Install button).

Offline BlackMammoth

« Reply #620 on: April 16, 2013, 11:12:22 am »
Downside to setting a short TTL?

I reduced my TTL to 5 seconds in order to see my wireless zones reset (quickly). The default appeared to be 1200 seconds.

Great piece of work on this plugin!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:16:09 am by BlackMammoth »

Offline Crazman

« Reply #621 on: April 16, 2013, 11:44:19 am »

I've had the exact same thing happen to me.  It doesn't matter if the notifications are set to send if an armed device is tripped or whenever the device is tripped.  When I walk my by motion detector or open any door with the panel unarmed it sends me a notification.  Possible bug?

Offline bwilli001

« Reply #622 on: April 17, 2013, 12:30:13 pm »
I have been looking for the definition for the button commands on the virtual keypad.

The dashboard displays these buttons, Away, Stay, Night Stay, Disarm.

So does this mean that it will act like my physical keypad where,
Away = armed with delay
Stay = armed perimeter / motion disabled
Night Stay = does this mean the same as Stay but with instant alarm when perimeter is tripped?

Also under the wrench configurations there are two more button options. Could someone explain how the Maximum button would behave?

Also if someone will explain how to create a scene that would mimic arming the panel in Stay-Instant mode. I'm able to do this on the physical alarm panel by inputting code + stay+instant.

I have already created scenes for Armed Away and Disarmed. Just need to create one for Stay Instant.

Thank You.

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #623 on: April 17, 2013, 08:30:32 pm »
nas4a and SteveZ,

Thanks for sending the info.  Sorry for the late reply (notification went to spam) Makes sense that rebooting without the AD2USB connected would lose the settings. I have been aware of the serial config for quite some time.  My issue is I cannot get it to work even after reconfiguring.  I just get "missing port"... I've spent hours installing/removing the app and trying to reconfigure. Still down. This has been the longest it hasn't worked. I'll open another ticket to see the team can fix.  As I mentioned before, the tech team (someone offshore) did get it to work again briefly, but it's been down since March 15th...

Thanks!

Matt

have you tried connecting the ad2usb to your pc and running the keypad emulator software from the nutech site to rule out that the ad2usb might be bad or a bad connection to the ademco keypad bus

bwilli001,

use the advanced tab and select the ademco partition 1, then request arm mode and then enter in the pin in the pin box and in the other box, not sure what it says enter in INSTANT or StayInstant . not sure witch but one of those should work
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:36:48 pm by SteveZ »

Offline FireBird

« Reply #624 on: April 17, 2013, 08:41:42 pm »
Just wanted to say I was seeing the same issues with the new version of the plugin this weekend. I had to restore my Vera from the day before to fix the issue with the old plugin version. I have an alert setup when my mail box is opened with a wireless security sensor and it was spamming my email many times a minute. I don't think you would notice the problem unless you have notifications setup when an sensor is tripped.

Offline gelert

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #625 on: April 20, 2013, 09:21:30 pm »
I've also had multiple problems with the new version of the plugin  :(

Offline 68Mustang

« Reply #626 on: April 22, 2013, 08:01:35 pm »
Alright, I've been doing searches all night and stuff isn't making sense to me.

I have the AD2USB installed in my Vista 20P panel.  Connected to the USB1 on my Vera 2.  I already have 2 other keypads, so this would be my third, so I didn't bother connected it to a computer to configure, left it at address 18, default.  I have the pulse LED, so everything seems fine.

I entered IC+800+191 then 1 then 0 then *99 to exit. I found online about the 1 and 0, no idea what that does though.

I installed the AD2USB plug in v2.45 and I have two more devices that are showing under Devices. "Ademco Vista Partition 1" and "Ademco Vista Alarm Panel" the Alarm panel is red with an "Lua Startup Failure" under that device.  I also have a message at the top that says "Ademco Vista Plugin: No Keypad assigned to partition 1"

Please Help

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #627 on: April 22, 2013, 09:25:01 pm »
have you configured the the serial port? that almost sounds like the problem. you can find instructions here http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/wiki under installation and setup.

Offline Crazman

« Reply #628 on: April 23, 2013, 07:49:02 am »
I'm running the AD2USB with a vista 20p.  I have a new problem that popped up while testing out my security system.  I have a device that was triggered during a test and will not reset.  On the vista 20p panel the device resets just fine and I can run the system with no problems.  On the software side of MiOS the device shows up as continuously tripped.  I have changed the TTL value to everything from 1-30 with no change in status.  I've checked the AD2USB setup according to the wiki installation and setup guide and all seems to be well.  Is there a way to manually reset a device in MiOS after it has been tripped or does anybody have any ideas on settings to check?  Thanks!

Offline 68Mustang

« Reply #629 on: April 24, 2013, 11:12:01 am »
Now I am not getting the error on my Vera 2 and I get status updates, but cannont control the system.  My guess is the system does not know the AD2USB is there. I thought I programed it correctly, can someone review the process i used and let me know if I did something wrong?