We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 363036 times)

Offline gelert

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #645 on: May 09, 2013, 11:07:22 pm »
I uninstalled the plugin to try to downgrade to the prior version, but apps.mios.com still says I have it installed (have tried uninstalling it a few ways) - any ideas?

Offline pentium

« Reply #646 on: May 15, 2013, 07:34:32 pm »
I hope this isn't too off topic, but I just wanted to say how absolutely thrilled I am to have just achieved 11 door sensors, 3 window sensors, some smoke, some motion, etc all for the cost of a AD2USB device and unimaginable hours spent by the likes of people such as mcvflorin.  You people are rock stars.  I was able to install the device, get through the plugin installation and right now I can arm and disarm my Vista 20se from my Iphone!  Most of you can't even imagine what an accomplishment that is for me.  I can't thank you all enough.  I will look for that review page and try to add what I can.  I have a long way to go in order to start taking advantage of all that I can do when a door opens or motion tells me to turn on some lights.  Just to be able to reset the alarm when the cleaning lady calls in a panic will be huge.  I will keep reading and trying to learn how to do my own coding but I had to stop to express and acknowledge the amazing contribution everyone else made for me to reach this goal.  Thank you all!

Offline Latz

« Reply #647 on: May 20, 2013, 01:34:41 am »
Hey @mcvflorin and all developers

This plugin has given me so much that I've started to expand on my alarm system capability as a result!  Problem I am having is with pairing the zone with the partitions.... e.g. In the Cheat Sheet, I've entered in the following:

Zone 05 - Front Door (Partition 1)
Zone 08 - Entry Sensor (Partition 2)

Have got 2 partitions showing in Vera UI:
  • The Partition 1 Device will show 'Not Ready' when Zone 05 - Front Door is faulted. 
  • The Partition 2 Device will show 'Not Ready' when Zone 08 - Entry Sensor is faulted. 
When Zone 05 - Front Door is opened, the Partition 1 device shows a 'Not Ready' fault AND the Zone 05 - Front Door Device created by the Cheat Sheet shows the zone has changed state.  So that all works correctly. 

What's not working is that the Zone - 08 device that was created in the UI as a result of the Cheat Sheet entry, doesn't ever fault, even though the Partition 2 device on the Vera UI shows 'Not Ready'.  Any idea why?

i.e How do I tell the Vera that Zone 08 belongs to Partition 2 and if Partition 2 is not ready as a result of a fault on Zone 08, then the Zone 08 device on the UI should reflect that?  I know I'm making a simple mistake but just can't seem to figure out what!!

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:38:23 am by Latz »

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #648 on: May 20, 2013, 12:04:09 pm »
@Latz

When there is more than one partition, the plugin uses the command to switch partitions, which require the PIN code valid for that partition. To make sure that you have the PIN code stored for partition 2, open the partition control panel, and store the PIN code from the PIN code field.

Offline Latz

« Reply #649 on: May 20, 2013, 01:26:04 pm »
@mcvflorin thanks! I haven't touched a thing this morning, thought I would check and see if anything changed... it works without the pin code?!  For HOURS yesterday it wasn't working... I don't know what changed, I certainly didn't change anything.

Rebooted the Vera and sure enough it still works.  Sorry for the post that clearly wasn't valid - I swear it didn't work last night?!!

Offline Latz

« Reply #650 on: May 24, 2013, 08:37:49 pm »
@mcvflorin

Another question... when using the AD2USB on multiple partitions (2 in my case), what should keypad address 18 on the vista be set to?  Should it be a common (3)?

thanks

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #651 on: May 27, 2013, 06:19:51 am »
It doesn't matter, the AD2USB can see the messages from all the partitions anyway.

Offline Latz

« Reply #652 on: May 28, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »
@mcvflorin, thanks, reason I ask is I am exhibiting some weird behavior on the system when the AD2USB is in the loop.

For example, I'm getting 2 email notifications from Vera telling me my system has been Armed Away.  I should only be getting one. 

I have checked Partition 2 that was created on the Vera UI and there's no notification set for that (as I don't need one).

Any suggestions?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #653 on: May 29, 2013, 03:22:52 am »
Does this happen every time?

Offline djrobx

« Reply #654 on: June 09, 2013, 09:41:35 pm »
Thanks for the reply SteveZ.  Bummer about the wired sensors, but sounds like there's not much that can be done.
Actually there is something that can be done.

The AD2USB supports 4204 relay emulation.   These panels actually have home automation support, and the virtual relays allow you to use this feature as designed.   You can enable that, then tell the panel to trigger relays when wired sensors fault.   AD2USB will send "!REL" with the ID of the tripped relay (which has been mapped to a wired zone) so Vera can respond to them.

With the non-SE panels, you can generally configure two or more virtual relays (4 relays per address), so you can get all 8 wired zones individually.   SE panels only support 1 virtual relay and 3 "zone groups" (I have two wired sensors sharing one relay because they lead to the same room), but it's still a huge benefit to get support the built-in wired zones.

Offline dratifk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #655 on: June 19, 2013, 09:44:51 am »
I installed a AD2USB a few years ago and its been working perfectly until now. All of a sudden I have missing port error in Micasaverde. Wire from 20P runs about 50 feet to Micasaverde but ends seem ok.

Says connection down

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #656 on: June 19, 2013, 09:33:35 pm »
I installed a AD2USB a few years ago and its been working perfectly until now. All of a sudden I have missing port error in Micasaverde. Wire from 20P runs about 50 feet to Micasaverde but ends seem ok.

Says connection down

Sounds like you lost your serial port configuration settings

Offline dratifk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #657 on: June 20, 2013, 12:28:18 pm »
I fixed it that was exactly the problem. Seems there was a second serial port confiruation I had not seen. Once I set the proper settings I was back in business. When I went into apps it was set to autoupdate the plugin. Not sure this is a good idea so I unchecked it.

Offline Latz

« Reply #658 on: August 10, 2013, 02:08:04 pm »
Does this happen every time?

@mcvflorin have been away for a while.. back now. 

Yes it happens every time!  Sometimes I will get up to 4 or 5 emails saying disarmed, arm, disarmed, arm..... all from the same arming event.  It used to work fine when it was just the one partition.

For example, I just armed-away now on Partition 1, I got two emails:

Email 1
Your trigger "ARMED AWAY" occurred.

The originating device ID:94 Ademco Vista Partition 1 in room: Apps

The ID is: 1398347653
Code: DetailedArmMode Value:Armed
Serial #3500xxxx

Email 2
Your trigger "ARMED AWAY" occurred.

The ID is: 1398348643
Code: DetailedArmMode Value:Armed
Serial #3500xxxx

So then I hit disarm on Partition 1:

Email 1
Your trigger "DISARMED" occurred.

The ID is: 1398375013
Code: ArmMode Value:Disarmed
Serial #35004675

This will be your last notification because you have hit your quota limit

Partition 1:
Keypad 1 = 16
Keypad 2 = 17

Partition 2:
Created a false keypad (doesn't exist) for my partition 2 sensor: 19

AD2USB = 18

Posted some pics of my config, hopefully it will help.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:32:36 pm by Latz »

Offline Latz

« Reply #659 on: August 10, 2013, 02:14:24 pm »
@ mcvflorin..... Forgot to add my Partition 2 config!