We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 363031 times)

Offline Minnies

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #660 on: August 15, 2013, 11:35:45 am »
Wow. I am purchasing a vacation home and it has a Adamco Vist-15 security system installed. Is there a posting I can go to that indicates what I need to do to connect it to Vera. Since this is a new location I will be getting a new Vera for it and would like to purchase all that I need up front, and hopefully install things over a weekend.  having a security system instead of indiviual sensors is a huge plus as my other location has too many devices.  Help and guidance really appreciated.

Offline Latz

« Reply #661 on: August 15, 2013, 11:41:05 am »
Wow. I am purchasing a vacation home and it has a Adamco Vist-15 security system installed. Is there a posting I can go to that indicates what I need to do to connect it to Vera. Since this is a new location I will be getting a new Vera for it and would like to purchase all that I need up front, and hopefully install things over a weekend.  having a security system instead of indiviual sensors is a huge plus as my other location has too many devices.  Help and guidance really appreciated.

Here you go, hope this helps:

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb#

Offline Minnies

« Reply #662 on: August 15, 2013, 12:04:04 pm »

Here you go, hope this helps:

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb#

Thanks. That is very helpful.  Am I correct that the only hardware to purchase is the Nutech AD2USB device as seen here http://store.homeseer.com/store/Nutech-AD2USB-S2-Ademco-Vista-Panel-Interface-Series-2-P857.aspx ?

Offline Latz

« Reply #663 on: August 15, 2013, 01:54:26 pm »
You're welcome.

Yes that's what I have, it connects to my Ademco Vista - 20p without issue.  It works very well with the Vera AD2USB plugin (apart from a small problem with email notifications I'm having that I hope @mcvflorin can help me with!!   ;) )

PS The only thing I can't remember is if the AD2USB comes with a USB cable or not?  You may need to purchase one seperately... you'll also need the panel installer code for the Vista AND you'll need some alarm cable to connect it to the panel unless you're replacing an existing keypad with it.  Hope that's not too confusing.

Offline pentium

« Reply #664 on: August 15, 2013, 04:46:07 pm »
It does not come with the usb mini cable.  I think the documentation on the nutech site identifies which one you need.  If you can find a piece of alarm cable, that will work best for patching it into the panel.  And you will want to have worked out the distance and cable needs for getting the ad2usb connected to vera.  in my case, they are next to each other and all I had to do was run an Ethernet rj45 cable from my router to vera.

Offline Minnies

« Reply #665 on: August 15, 2013, 06:08:24 pm »
That sounds good (I think).

I am not sure which version of Ademco is there. The alarm company confirmed it is a Vista-15 but I do not know if it is P or not. Does that make a difference or are both compatible with the AD2USB.

Thanks again,
Ron

Found the answer at the Ademco site. Yes it works with both and most other Vista systems as far as I could tell.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:33:48 pm by Minnies »

Offline Latz

« Reply #666 on: August 17, 2013, 06:38:17 pm »
as far as I know, it doesn't matter.

Offline shmixx

« Reply #667 on: September 05, 2013, 10:43:42 pm »
Firstly, thanks for this plugin!! This is great, and I'm excited to be able to use my alarm system in tandem with devices in my ZWave network.

Fresh user here to the AD2USB as I just had an Ademco system installed today. Everything seems to have gone well up until now. I installed the AD2USB device, hooked up to the Vera, and got it functioning through the Web GUI and the mobile apps. Arm, Disarm, etc. The problem now, is when I'm trying to use Scenes to control a setting on the alarm panel, it isn't sticking. I restarted, created a new scene, and set the alarm status to stay. Simple scene, but when I go back into the scene its set on Disarm.

This is seriously going to put a wrinkle in my plans for automation if I can't get this fixed.

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #668 on: September 05, 2013, 11:54:02 pm »
Try doing it in the advanced tab with your pin entered in the space

Offline shmixx

« Reply #669 on: September 06, 2013, 03:07:01 pm »
Try doing it in the advanced tab with your pin entered in the space

Looks like that works successfully. Is this a bug in the plugin? Bug in Vera? Kind of annoying to do manually but I guess it will have to get me by for now.

Offline Doug

« Reply #670 on: September 23, 2013, 12:11:38 pm »
I have the AD2USB connected to Veralite.   The alarm works perfectly on the regular U15 site, but from the mios mobile site on my smartphone, the alarm looks like a regular light switch  OFF ON only, with no status and does nothing when I click on them.  from previous posts, it looks like others have had this problem, but I cant figure out a solution.

I have lokcs working fine from the mobile site.  Just the alarm not working

Offline nedzad7

« Reply #671 on: October 06, 2013, 09:25:46 pm »
I connected Vera Lite to Vista 20p and I can see all zones (wired). Couple days ago I connected Wireless smoke to Vista 20p but I can't see it on the UI5. I trigered smoke detector and I see on the top middle info screen "Vista Alarm Panel : FIRE ALARM! (Zone #021)" but I can't see it as zone like all wired zones. What I am missing here? Should I reinstall plug in or something? Thank you :)

Offline mansoor

« Reply #672 on: October 13, 2013, 11:59:41 am »
Hi,
Thanks everyone for all the information in this forum. I'm new to home automation, diy security and of course this forum.
I've been using VeraLite for few simple stuff like controlling lights, door lock, thermostat etc.  but now I'm planning to install Vista 20P for monitoring and alarm. There is no wiring in my house so I need to go with all wireless.
My question is that is it better to use z-wave devices like door sensor, smoke detector or honeywell devices which I think uses RF.
Also is there any advantage of using Vista 21iP and will that be compatible with this plugin?
Thanks,
Mansoor

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #673 on: October 13, 2013, 01:42:40 pm »
since you are going to go mostly wireless you can save yourself some money and go with the vista 15p which has 6 hardwired zones and only one partition vs. the 20p that has 8 hardwired zones and 2 partitions. you wont benefit from the 21ip unless you plan on getting a total connect account with it, as far as i know that is all you can use it for. you will need a ad2usb module to tie the 15p or 20p into the vera. and yes you will use the wireless sensors for the alarm system not zwave ones, they are much more reliable, better range, battery life and cheaper. they will show up in vera as a zwave type sensor once you have the alarm panel added into vera. see the very first page of this post for the link.

Offline mansoor

« Reply #674 on: October 13, 2013, 02:17:11 pm »
Thanks a lot for quick response! I think I got my answers for now, I'm sure I'll have more questions when I start my project :)

Thanks,
Mansoor