We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362576 times)

Offline SteveZ

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #690 on: December 06, 2013, 07:51:46 pm »
Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject.  Does this plugin require having the Alarm Panel + the keypad or can I install just the Keypad directly into the AD2USB and then into the Vera.  I don't have an alarm panel and I plan on only using Zwave sensors/Siren, so I don't really need the alarm panel.  I am looking at the Honeywell 6148EX and 6165EX keypads and they both have a 4 connector termination that matches up with the AD2USB, but I want to be sure before I buy anything.

edit:
PS. If anyone knows of a simple zwave keypad (not a controller), please let me know!  That's all I really need.

Thanks,

Sal
No, you need the main alarm panel for the keypads to work. if you are going to the trouble of installing the keypad you might as well install a panel then you would be able to use wired and wireless sensors(with the right keypad or receiver)  and motion sensors that are much more reliable then zwave ones with much better battery life and the alarm system itself will be much more reliable then vera.

Offline mikegk

« Reply #691 on: December 13, 2013, 04:29:52 pm »
Apologies if this question has been answered before. When putting key pad addresses in the KeypadAddresses field should you list key pad 16 or is it assumed i.e. 16,17,18,19 or 17,18,19?

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #692 on: December 14, 2013, 12:27:24 am »
You should list the addresses of all physical keypads as well as the address of the AD2USB module.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline mikegk

« Reply #693 on: December 15, 2013, 02:51:46 pm »
Thank you for the response. I'm trying to debug a problem. Looking for some help. I cannot clear certain alarm memory indicators from the keypads. Though I can clear them from the plugin if I send two disarms. For example, if a zone goes into alarm and I enter user code + 1 to disarm. I cannot then enter user code + 1 again to clear the alarm memory message from a keypad, though I can do it through the plugin. Could this be related to something the plugin is doing? BTW I also have an Envisalink 3 configured as a keypad. Could this be causing any issues and should it be listed in the addresses field as well? Finally and strangely if I self initiate a fire alarm, this I can clear using the keypad and double entering the user code + 1.

Offline mikegk

« Reply #694 on: December 15, 2013, 04:48:44 pm »
After reading through some posts, it seems my problem may be caused by a "*" being sent 1/sec. I also read this may be fix in another version. My installed version in Apps | My Apps is 3.0. The version listed on Ademco Vista Alarm Panel is Plugin version: 2.45. Is there a way to know I have the version with the fix, and if I don't how do I get the fix?

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #695 on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:39 pm »
@mcvflorin,

I apologize if you have covered this before, i spent a lot of time going through the forum and could not see this problem anywhere.

I installed the AD2USB to my Vista 20P and installed the plugin into my VeraLite (UI5).

I configured the plugin for 2 partitions, having taken the keypad that was assigned to 18 and reassigned it to another channel.

The plugin works, but I have one problem.  When I press ARM AWAY, it will arm itself (in either partition) as ARMED STAY.  When I use the keypads to arm it ARM AWAY, vera will report ARMED AWAY, however.  If I disarm either, and arm it with Vera, it reports ARMED STAY.

Have you seen this before, and is there a fix?

thanks.  This is a way cool plugin...

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #696 on: December 18, 2013, 03:05:17 pm »
Something odd happened today while reloading Vera remotely with someone in the house...  a few times, I experienced a "Ademco - failure to open I/O port" error.  Eventually, I rebooted successfully with Ademco up & running.

Can I attribute this to active messages coming out of the alarm panel during reboot as someone moved around the house, setting off motion sensors & opening doors?  That's the only explanation I can think of.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #697 on: December 20, 2013, 09:47:09 pm »
@mcvflorin,

I apologize if you have covered this before, i spent a lot of time going through the forum and could not see this problem anywhere.

I installed the AD2USB to my Vista 20P and installed the plugin into my VeraLite (UI5).

I configured the plugin for 2 partitions, having taken the keypad that was assigned to 18 and reassigned it to another channel.

The plugin works, but I have one problem.  When I press ARM AWAY, it will arm itself (in either partition) as ARMED STAY.  When I use the keypads to arm it ARM AWAY, vera will report ARMED AWAY, however.  If I disarm either, and arm it with Vera, it reports ARMED STAY.

Have you seen this before, and is there a fix?

thanks.  This is a way cool plugin...

Do you have auto stay arm *84 in the programming set to 0? I know you say its not doing it when you arm with the keypad but  thats the only thing i can think of.

Offline copekyle

« Reply #698 on: December 29, 2013, 10:22:28 pm »
So I'm new and just setting up my vera and vista20 for the first time.  I've figured out most of the setup using the search here but one thing that I can't figure out is when I'm looking at my sensor status (the little green or red guy in the dashboard), I trip my motion sensor and it goes from green to red.  But when the motion clears, he doesn't reset back to green.  The Vista partition group (don't know terminology yet) shows that the system is ready to arm and so it knows the motion reset.  Any idea what I'm missing?

Kyle

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #699 on: December 29, 2013, 11:53:29 pm »
So I'm new and just setting up my vera and vista20 for the first time.  I've figured out most of the setup using the search here but one thing that I can't figure out is when I'm looking at my sensor status (the little green or red guy in the dashboard), I trip my motion sensor and it goes from green to red.  But when the motion clears, he doesn't reset back to green.  The Vista partition group (don't know terminology yet) shows that the system is ready to arm and so it knows the motion reset.  Any idea what I'm missing?

Kyle

The TTL value may be set to high.  Try putting to 60 seconds

Offline jimpapa

« Reply #700 on: December 30, 2013, 09:58:53 am »
The AD2USB looks like a keypad to the Panel. For any purpose it IS a keypad.

Yes, you NEED to have a panel. otherwise you have a bunch of Keypads.  That will do you no good

Offline copekyle

« Reply #701 on: December 30, 2013, 04:00:38 pm »

The TTL value may be set to high.  Try putting to 60 seconds

Steve-
Thanks for the reply.  What does TTL stand for?  Mine is set to 1200 by default.  What does this mean?

Kyle

EDIT*** I figured it out as it was said on page 36 of this topic.  Thanks for putting up with the newbie questions!

The sensor's tripped state will reset after TTL seconds have passed without the panel reporting the sensor as faulted. The default is 1200 seconds (20 minutes), which is the same as the default time period after which the Z-Wave motion sensors report that they are not tripped anymore. Another reason for this value is to reduce the number of notifications. In areas with a lot of motion, if the TTL is 15 seconds, there could be 1 notification every 15 seconds.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:04:20 pm by copekyle »

Offline skropko

« Reply #702 on: January 10, 2014, 04:58:33 pm »
Thank you for the response. I'm trying to debug a problem. Looking for some help. I cannot clear certain alarm memory indicators from the keypads. Though I can clear them from the plugin if I send two disarms. For example, if a zone goes into alarm and I enter user code + 1 to disarm. I cannot then enter user code + 1 again to clear the alarm memory message from a keypad, though I can do it through the plugin. Could this be related to something the plugin is doing? BTW I also have an Envisalink 3 configured as a keypad. Could this be causing any issues and should it be listed in the addresses field as well? Finally and strangely if I self initiate a fire alarm, this I can clear using the keypad and double entering the user code + 1.

I'm also having the exact same problem as mikegk.  I've actually been having this problem for about a year now and haven't found anything but I see I'm not the only when anymore.  After an alarm, I can silence the alarm from the keypad by entering code+1 but cannot clear the alarm message by entering code+1 again.  I can clear the alarm memory message that displays on the keypad from the plugin.  I notice that if I enter code+1 from the keypad repeatedly for a few minutes, eventually it clears.  I do not have the Envisalink 3.  Any thoughts?

Offline drclawscat

« Reply #703 on: January 13, 2014, 04:47:11 pm »
Hi All, 1st post.  I just hooked up an ad2usb into my 4110XM ( Which Sean M. from Nutech mentioned is really a 10SE ) and set the AD2USB address to 31 using putty and now can interact with the alarm, arm, chime, stay etc 

However I have two issues.  I added 4 zones as tests (1,2,3,4) and have not figured out to tell how my zones are configured or how to trip them.  I believe I have all hardwired sensors attached to the panel.  I haven't had the chance to test much, I just opened the front door and door to garage, but these have not triggered any notifications on Vera yet. 
The second issue is that I'm not getting any status on VERA.  It does not tell me the alarm state or whether chime is activated etc.  (seems I can transmit ok, but not getting any data back possibly?)

Am I going about it correctly?  I set baud rate as 115200 and address to 31.  Assigned AD2USB to address 31.  On plugin version 2.45 and app version 3.0. 

Is there an updated firmware for AD2USB that addresses any SE panel issues?  Sorry for my lack of knowledge there is a lot of reading and no totally CLEAR instructions for newbies with no experience with PUTTY etc.  :)  Thanks for all those that contributed to this awesome project.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:24:21 pm by drclawscat »

Offline jimpapa

« Reply #704 on: January 14, 2014, 12:05:48 pm »
You need a Panel.. The keyboard does nothing on its own