We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362723 times)

Offline BulldogLowell

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #720 on: March 11, 2014, 07:31:37 am »
how about shooting a photo of the panel when the code is entered?

Offline PJJP

« Reply #721 on: March 11, 2014, 07:32:29 am »
That would definitely work too...

Offline ErikinSC

« Reply #722 on: March 15, 2014, 10:59:19 pm »
Vista10SE, AD2USB (configured with the 9 volt battery & USB, then connected to hardwire @ alarm panel and USB into PC) - set it up just fine with the info here.

Then, moved my MiCasa slightly closer to the PC (due to USB cable length) and connected AD2USB into Vera .... and added into MiOs quite easily.

This Nu-B is getting it done - tahks to the efforts of those before me.   

Offline roquej

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #723 on: March 23, 2014, 12:15:37 am »
Searched but couldn't find the answer.  Is there anyway to detect a tripped motion sensor when alarm is armed in "stay" mode?  The Tripped variable is not triggered.  Everything works when "disarmed.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:17:17 am by roquej »

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #724 on: March 23, 2014, 10:25:06 am »
Searched but couldn't find the answer.  Is there anyway to detect a tripped motion sensor when alarm is armed in "stay" mode?  The Tripped variable is not triggered.  Everything works when "disarmed.
Thank you in advance.
I want this as well. I might have this wrong...  but I believe it's done by using the relay output procedure shown in this NuTech thread.

I THINK that's the purpose of setting these output relays, but I'm not sure. I haven't been motivated to try it yet.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline EOppie

« Reply #725 on: March 23, 2014, 10:09:27 pm »
but I believe it's done by using the relay output procedure shown in this NuTech thread.

I THINK that's the purpose of setting these output relays, but I'm not sure. I haven't been motivated to try it yet.

The link is dead for me since Nutech redid their forums....

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #726 on: March 24, 2014, 08:15:59 am »
The link is dead for me since Nutech redid their forums....
I just Googled "AD2USB." The 2nd list of matches are old forum threads. The thread in question is NuTech -- Hardware -- ADEMCO Emulator -- "Virtual Keypad (GUI) Software & Board Firmware."

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #727 on: March 26, 2014, 08:29:52 am »
I have a renewed interest in getting this working, so here is the post from the old NuTech forum:

Quote from: berkinet@NuTech
This is a first report on the beta firmware with support for up to four virtual 4204 relay boards. 16 virtual relays total. Note the software is still in beta (Contact Sean M. for information) and the release will depend on final QA and updating the GUI to support the new features.

One major application for these virtual relays is the ability to watch for zone open and close events directly for ALL zones in your panel. Previously you could watch for Expander module events and RF device events. But, the events from the 8 on-board zones were not visible. Now, with Relay support, these last 8 zones can be made visible. The rest of this post describes how to set up ad2usb and your panel to make this happen.

CAVEAT: I did this on a 20P, your panel may differ.

To get started, the new firmware adds a new section to the ad2usb's built-in config settings:
Code:
!>Keypad Address       (17) :
>!>Code               (0000) :
>!Zone Expanders Y/N Max allowed: 01
!>module #01 ZN 09-16 (N) :
>!>module #02 ZN 17-24 (N) :
>!>module #03 ZN 25-32 (N) :
>!>module #04 ZN 33-40 (N) :
>!>module #05 ZN 41-48 (N) :
>!Relay Modules Y/N Max allowed: 04
!>module #01 (Y) :
>!>module #02 (Y) :
>!>module #03 (Y) :
>!>module #04 (Y) :
Unless you already have one or more 4204s in your system, you will probably want to enable all the relays your panel can support: 4 Relay Modules on a 20P and 2 on a 15P. Check your manual for other models. Note that in the panel settings these modules will show up as addresses 12-15. These instructions assume that no physical 4204 Relay boards are installed.

Warning: The rest of this post discusses Panel Programming and assumes you have a basic understanding of Programmer mode.

Once the Relays have been configured, you will need to program your panel to activate them. On the 20P this is done through the *79 and *80 menus.

The *79 menu creates logical output device. Each logical output defines a device (Relay, X10 device or built-in trigger). Only the Relay type is supported by the ad2usb. You will probably want to create 8 logical output devices and number them 1-8 for convenience (to map to your on-board zones 1-8). Each logical output device should have Output Type 1 = relay on 4204/4229 module. Then, starting with Device #1 use Module Address 12, and Relay Position 1, and so on for the first 4 (1-4) logical devices. Then use Module Address 13, and Relay Position 1, and so on for the next 4 (5-8) logical devices.

Next, on menu *80 you will create the output functions that will trigger the logical output devices you just created. The Output Functions should be numbered 1-8 to match your on-board zone numbers and the logical device numbers. This is not required, but it will make things easier to track later on. When creating each Output Function, you will want the Activated By set to 3 = Zone number. Next, for Enter Event select 1 = alarm/fault/trouble. For the Output Action select 2 = Stay Closed. and finally, select the Output Number of a logical device you created in menu *79. I suggest you keep the numbering straight. Output function 1 to logical device 1, etc. Now, each time any of your 8 zones is closed, you will see a Relay event like this in your ad2usb data stream: !REL:12,01,01

The next step is to reset the zone when the fault clears. To do this use menu *80 again. This time create 8 new Output Functions, numbered 9-16. These will be identical to the first 8, except that under Enter Event you will select 0 = restore, for the Output Action you will select 0 = Off and for the Output number you will map these to the original 8 logical devices: 9 to 1, 10 to 2, through 16 to 8. Now, when a zone restores, you will see a message like this in your ad2usb data stream: !REL:12,01,00

That is all, except for one possible problem. On my panel, when I added Output Functions 9-16, the panel seemed to want to reference logical devices 9-16 automatically, even if I selected one of the devices 1-8 I had created, the summary display indicated that I had selected a device with X10 capabilities. My solution was to temporarily create logical output devices 9-16 and make then the same as devices 1-8. These were never actually referenced and I can now delete them if I want... But, it got me past the configuration issue. It is also possible that it would have worked anyway, but I did not test that.

Other than the !REL: prefix, Relay devices report the same as Expander devices. See !EXP Messages in this post for more information.

Attached is a "cheat sheet" for programming zones. My interest in capturing zone status when the alarm is ARMED. Mainly, I want to do know if there is motion detected inside the house whether the alarm is armed or not. I don't know if this does that, and I could use some help with it.

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #728 on: March 26, 2014, 09:25:43 am »
I have a renewed interest in getting this working, so here is the post from the old NuTech forum:

Quote from: berkinet@NuTech
This is a first report on the beta firmware with support for up to four virtual 4204 relay boards. 16 virtual relays total. Note the software is still in beta (Contact Sean M. for information) and the release will depend on final QA and updating the GUI to support the new features.

One major application for these virtual relays is the ability to watch for zone open and close events directly for ALL zones in your panel. Previously you could watch for Expander module events and RF device events. But, the events from the 8 on-board zones were not visible. Now, with Relay support, these last 8 zones can be made visible. The rest of this post describes how to set up ad2usb and your panel to make this happen.

CAVEAT: I did this on a 20P, your panel may differ.

To get started, the new firmware adds a new section to the ad2usb's built-in config settings:
Code:
!>Keypad Address       (17) :
>!>Code               (0000) :
>!Zone Expanders Y/N Max allowed: 01
!>module #01 ZN 09-16 (N) :
>!>module #02 ZN 17-24 (N) :
>!>module #03 ZN 25-32 (N) :
>!>module #04 ZN 33-40 (N) :
>!>module #05 ZN 41-48 (N) :
>!Relay Modules Y/N Max allowed: 04
!>module #01 (Y) :
>!>module #02 (Y) :
>!>module #03 (Y) :
>!>module #04 (Y) :
Unless you already have one or more 4204s in your system, you will probably want to enable all the relays your panel can support: 4 Relay Modules on a 20P and 2 on a 15P. Check your manual for other models. Note that in the panel settings these modules will show up as addresses 12-15. These instructions assume that no physical 4204 Relay boards are installed.

Warning: The rest of this post discusses Panel Programming and assumes you have a basic understanding of Programmer mode.

Once the Relays have been configured, you will need to program your panel to activate them. On the 20P this is done through the *79 and *80 menus.

The *79 menu creates logical output device. Each logical output defines a device (Relay, X10 device or built-in trigger). Only the Relay type is supported by the ad2usb. You will probably want to create 8 logical output devices and number them 1-8 for convenience (to map to your on-board zones 1-8). Each logical output device should have Output Type 1 = relay on 4204/4229 module. Then, starting with Device #1 use Module Address 12, and Relay Position 1, and so on for the first 4 (1-4) logical devices. Then use Module Address 13, and Relay Position 1, and so on for the next 4 (5-8) logical devices.

Next, on menu *80 you will create the output functions that will trigger the logical output devices you just created. The Output Functions should be numbered 1-8 to match your on-board zone numbers and the logical device numbers. This is not required, but it will make things easier to track later on. When creating each Output Function, you will want the Activated By set to 3 = Zone number. Next, for Enter Event select 1 = alarm/fault/trouble. For the Output Action select 2 = Stay Closed. and finally, select the Output Number of a logical device you created in menu *79. I suggest you keep the numbering straight. Output function 1 to logical device 1, etc. Now, each time any of your 8 zones is closed, you will see a Relay event like this in your ad2usb data stream: !REL:12,01,01

The next step is to reset the zone when the fault clears. To do this use menu *80 again. This time create 8 new Output Functions, numbered 9-16. These will be identical to the first 8, except that under Enter Event you will select 0 = restore, for the Output Action you will select 0 = Off and for the Output number you will map these to the original 8 logical devices: 9 to 1, 10 to 2, through 16 to 8. Now, when a zone restores, you will see a message like this in your ad2usb data stream: !REL:12,01,00

That is all, except for one possible problem. On my panel, when I added Output Functions 9-16, the panel seemed to want to reference logical devices 9-16 automatically, even if I selected one of the devices 1-8 I had created, the summary display indicated that I had selected a device with X10 capabilities. My solution was to temporarily create logical output devices 9-16 and make then the same as devices 1-8. These were never actually referenced and I can now delete them if I want... But, it got me past the configuration issue. It is also possible that it would have worked anyway, but I did not test that.

Other than the !REL: prefix, Relay devices report the same as Expander devices. See !EXP Messages in this post for more information.

Attached is a "cheat sheet" for programming zones. My interest in capturing zone status when the alarm is ARMED. Mainly, I want to do know if there is motion detected inside the house whether the alarm is armed or not. I don't know if this does that, and I could use some help with it.

Sorry, I've been MIA from this thread in a while, and just noticed that people were asking questions about the relay feature that I wrote.

The short answer is that setting up the virtual relays allows you to detect motion regardless of whether the panel is armed. I have all my wired zones using motion sensors, and it works perfectly. There's even less sensor "lag" when using the relays as the communications messages are shorter and don't require a response from the panel.

The down side is that you have to have to be fairly confident in your ability to program your alarm panel as you have to setup "virtual relay" devices linked to each of your internal wired zones.

Hugh
The HA "collection" so far: MiCasaVerde: 1x VeraLite, RTCOA: 3x 3M-50, GE: 1x 45606, 3x 45613, 5x 54614, Kwikset: 1x 99100-004, Intermatic: 6x CA3000, 6x CA600, 8x HA01, 2x HA02, 12x HA03, 2x HA04, 3x HA05,  6x HA07, 7x HA09, Honeywell: 1x Vista 20P, NuTech: 1x AD2USB

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #729 on: March 26, 2014, 09:37:02 am »
The short answer is that setting up the virtual relays allows you to detect motion regardless of whether the panel is armed. I have all my wired zones using motion sensors, and it works perfectly. There's even less sensor "lag" when using the relays as the communications messages are shorter and don't require a response from the panel.
The down side is that you have to have to be fairly confident in your ability to program your alarm panel as you have to setup "virtual relay" devices linked to each of your internal wired zones.
The good news is, this is exactly what I'm looking for...  the bad news is, I have little confidence in my ability to program the panel. I did the takeover procedure for the panel & it's all gone well so far. Hugh, if you have some basic instruction as to how to proceed, I'll give it a shot.

Mine is a Vista 15P with five zones + two smoke detector zones, all hardwired. The ONLY zone I even care about receiving messages for is zone 2. I'd probably just use the keypad emulator on my laptop rather than stand at the physical keypad.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:40:08 am by DeltaNu1142 »

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #730 on: March 26, 2014, 01:25:21 pm »
It looks like this is coming full circle...  I've been pointed back to this post earlier in this thread for more info. It looks like this will do what I need. I just need to work up the courage to tackle it.

Offline thewizardofoz

• Vera 3
« Reply #731 on: March 28, 2014, 08:46:11 am »
@DeltaNu1142
You will be fine.  I was scared as hell before I tried it.   I got all my codes from the monitoring company(which I will quit when my contract is up) to add it the AD2USB to #18 (for my panel) as a keypad.  Ran the alarm wire from my panel to where Vera is located.  Got it established through the PC before I turned it over to Vera for control.  I have 13 zones on my alarm panel (glass breaks, door/window sensors, smoke detectors) and the notifications work great and tells me in the text to my phone which zone was triggered.   Big thing to remember to set up the serial port configuration.  115200 baud  used by Ademco Vista Alarm Panel and make sure you set up the partitions.  Another thing to remember is that if you start up Vera for whatever reason (usually adding in new devices) without having the USB connection for the alarm panel to Vera, you will have to go back in and setup the Baud and used by again.
Story for you:   My wife and I were at her parents house about 5 miles away having dinner one night.  The glass break sensor was set off by the 4 legged children barking at a stray roaming the neighborhood.  My wife and I both got a text on ours phones and KNEW exactly what and why we both got texts at the same time.  We headed for the car and were less than a mile from the house when we got the call from the security company (I am sure they called the house phone first). My wife was checking cameras on her phone while I drove.  We beat the cops there by 6 minutes and I had already had my gun out of the car and searched the property before they arrived.  This is a great plugin.

@mcvflorin helped me get things set up too and the things that I was just not comprehending.  Fantastic job on an amazing plugin.
Vera 3 UI5  with 2 slave Vera 3s and 1 slave VeraLite all connected by CAT6.  Running about 130 devices and 8 Plug-ins including PLEG

Offline thewizardofoz

• Vera 3
Vera 3 UI5  with 2 slave Vera 3s and 1 slave VeraLite all connected by CAT6.  Running about 130 devices and 8 Plug-ins including PLEG

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #733 on: March 28, 2014, 08:50:48 am »
Wiz,

Thanks--I'm comfortable with that. I've had the plugin working for almost 6 months, with all zones reporting & sending notifications back through Prowl. I used the two threads you just posted to get all of that configured. What I want to do is enable zone enunciation while the alarm is active...  zone 2, to be exact. For that I need to do some keypad programming, and to set up my cheat sheet correctly. That's the part I need some assistance with.

Offline thewizardofoz

• Vera 3
« Reply #734 on: March 28, 2014, 08:59:37 am »
My bad.  I guess I didn't read everything though.  THAT I will not be able to help with.  Sorry