We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362360 times)

Offline PJJP

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #735 on: April 19, 2014, 12:53:26 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out how to get a VeraAlert when a zone is tripped while Armed. I have a lot of zones and don't want to create a bunch of scenes with triggers.

It would be nice if the plugin would keep track of what zones are tripped.

I suppose I could create one scene, with triggers for every zone, luup returns false if panel is not armed, and the has a single "If" statement for each zone that send a notification if that zone is tripped.

There should be a simpler way.

Offline PJJP

« Reply #736 on: April 19, 2014, 12:58:05 pm »
Another way this could be done would be that whenever my panel arms, a scene runs that arms each of my sensor on the vera, each armed sensor has notification set for only when armed, then when the panel disarms, it disarms the sensors in vera.

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #737 on: April 19, 2014, 01:02:02 pm »
Good approach and consistent with the ARMED paradigm across the whole system.

Offline PJJP

« Reply #738 on: April 19, 2014, 01:03:26 pm »
Yes, but...I give up the use the vera sensor arming for other puuposes, at least for the alarm sensors. I may give it a try.

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #739 on: April 19, 2014, 01:33:23 pm »
You could then add a virtual switch and test the position of the switch in your other actions with luup code.

That could allow the other states you need.

Offline PJJP

« Reply #740 on: April 19, 2014, 05:22:00 pm »
Here's what I'm trying:

A Scene with a trigger of Exit Delay for the alarm panel. (I'll later use PLEG to differentiate between exit delay and entry delay as I don't think my panel supports entry delay)
Code: [Select]
vDev55ID = 55
vDev55Name = "Zone #2 - Front Door"
local vDev55Tripped = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", vDev55ID)
local vDev55LastTrip = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "LastTrip", vDev55ID)
if (vDev55Tripped == "1") then
  luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1", "SendProwlNotification", {Event= alarmstate, Description=tostring(vDev55Name), Priority=2, URL=tmp_url}, 378)
end

vDev56ID = 56
vDev56Name = "Zone #3 - Laundry Door"
local vDev56Tripped = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", vDev56ID)
local vDev56LastTrip = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "LastTrip", vDev56ID)
if (vDev56Tripped == "1") then
  luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1", "SendProwlNotification", {Event= alarmstate, Description=tostring(vDev56Name), Priority=2, URL=tmp_url}, 378)
end

vDev57ID = 57
vDev57Name = "Zone #4 - Front Garage Entry"
local vDev57Tripped = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", vDev57ID)
local vDev57LastTrip = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "LastTrip", vDev57ID)
if (vDev57Tripped == "1") then
  luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1", "SendProwlNotification", {Event= alarmstate, Description=tostring(vDev57Name), Priority=2, URL=tmp_url}, 378)
end

I prefer this because it appears it will create less traffic and use less overhead. If the Tripped state proves unreliable, I'll try compare the LastTrip to NOW and use like 5 seconds.
I have a lot more zones, but I'm only posting a few.

Offline djrobx

« Reply #741 on: May 03, 2014, 09:52:26 pm »
I just wanted to come here and write a post of thanks!   I'm really impressed with the current plugin.

I've been using a custom C# app for a couple years now to deal with RFX and REL messages.   I finally took the plunge today and migrated my old Vera1 to Vera2.   This means I was able to try the Ademco AD2USB plugin directly.   I was surprised to see that I was able to use these things directly with the current version of the plugin.  Bravo!

PJJP - If you are trying to use sensors for triggers, you really need to figure out the serial / loop (RFX - for wireless sensors) or configure relay support (REL - for hard-wired sensors).   Configuring these things allows for fast, reliable communication of events back to Vera.   If you don't have them, Vera has to watch the display and wait for the name of the faulted zone to appear on the display.    This is super slow (progressively slower depending on how many zones are faulted), and not reliable.

If you have SSH access to your vera, you can enable debug mode and search for these events in the log by doing:

cat /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log | grep processExMessage

My entry motion sensor looks like this:

luup_log:120: (VistaAlarmPanel::processExMessage) Decoded RFX message: serial = 0681732, loop 1 = true, loop 2 = true, loop 3 = false, loop 4 = false, flags.unknown2 = false, flags.unknown1 = false, flags.battery = false, flags.supervision = false <0x741c>

My hard-wired door sensor looks like this:

luup_log:120: (VistaAlarmPanel::processExMessage) Decoded REL message: address = 01, channel = 1, faulted = true, supervision = false <0x6817>

RFX messages are easy - you'll always get them for any wireless sensors.  Even ones that are not linked to your panel!   REL messages take more work to get, the panel needs to be configured to generate them when the hard-wired zones are faulted.    Check out the AD2USB forums for more information on that.    This also removes the differences in behavior when the panel is or isn't armed. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:54:50 pm by djrobx »

Offline di33266

« Reply #742 on: May 05, 2014, 08:59:05 am »
Code: [Select]
luup.log("SRS: setting fifteen second delay then executing StorePinCode")
luup.call_delay('callonme',15)
function callonme()
  luup.log("SRS: delay over, executing StorePinCode")
  luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:VistaAlarmPanel1", "StorePinCode", { PINCode="XXXX"}, PARTITION_DEV_NUM)
end

Hi guys
Just trying to mirror the same for my setup...in the code above, what is PARTITION_DEV_NUM ? If i have just one partition, what would that be?

Thank you

Offline PJJP

« Reply #743 on: May 06, 2014, 10:43:13 pm »
@djrobx, thanks for your reply.

I do have relays configured and working well. However, it's still not quick enough. I think i need to try adding a five second delay so the trip gets logged before I try to send an alert.

Offline djrobx

« Reply #744 on: May 06, 2014, 11:38:29 pm »
You should not need to do that.   One thing I did notice - if you are using relays, use a fake zone number that doesn't exist in the cheat sheet.   When I used the real zone numbers, I think the old "display based" detection code confused the relay trigger code, and the detections were sloppy and would seemingly get stuck in the tripped state.

With just relays specified along with fake zone numbers (100+), the activity sensors are instant - when I open the door, the action figure in the UI changes, and as soon as I close the door, it goes back to the closed state.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:40:19 pm by djrobx »

Offline PJJP

« Reply #745 on: May 07, 2014, 10:30:50 pm »
@djrobx,

I'm totally confused. I use relays for my hard-wired zones. I also have wireless zones. My cheatsheet is filled out with serial numbers and loops. Where would I use the fake zone?

Offline peterv

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #746 on: June 05, 2014, 06:39:21 pm »
@djrobx,

I'm totally confused. I use relays for my hard-wired zones. I also have wireless zones. My cheatsheet is filled out with serial numbers and loops. Where would I use the fake zone?

I am not sure if you figured it out on your own but for anybody else who might be confused: I think what he meant was that if you have zones 01 through 16, you should configure the REL and RFX ones with bogus zone numbers i.e. 101 through 116. This way the plugin is not looking at both the zone number on the display and the relay/rfx serial/loop/address. I have not tried it any other way, but I can confirm that djrobx's way works flawlessly.

Offline PJJP

« Reply #747 on: June 07, 2014, 09:15:33 am »
@djrobx,

I am not sure if you figured it out on your own but for anybody else who might be confused: I think what he meant was that if you have zones 01 through 16, you should configure the REL and RFX ones with bogus zone numbers i.e. 101 through 116. This way the plugin is not looking at both the zone number on the display and the relay/rfx serial/loop/address. I have not tried it any other way, but I can confirm that djrobx's way works flawlessly.

Just to confirm, you get notifications of tripped zones wven while armed?

Offline PJJP

« Reply #748 on: June 07, 2014, 09:26:14 am »
You should not need to do that.   One thing I did notice - if you are using relays, use a fake zone number that doesn't exist in the cheat sheet.   When I used the real zone numbers, I think the old "display based" detection code confused the relay trigger code, and the detections were sloppy and would seemingly get stuck in the tripped state.

With just relays specified along with fake zone numbers (100+), the activity sensors are instant - when I open the door, the action figure in the UI changes, and as soon as I close the door, it goes back to the closed state.

Regarding the fake zone numbers for hardwired zones, as you see in the attcahd pic, I have the address & channel configured to match what I previously ?programmed in the panel. Are you suggesting that I remove the address/channel from these, in the cheat sheet only, create new zones in the cheat sheet only, and add the address and channels there? Do I need to make changes to my alarm panel/virtual relays as well

Offline peterv

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #749 on: June 08, 2014, 02:12:31 am »
@djrobx,

Just to confirm, you get notifications of tripped zones wven while armed?

I do not have any notifications set up yet, but I can see the sensor changing state in UI while armed.