We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 364776 times)

Offline pentium

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #765 on: July 14, 2014, 02:24:50 pm »
I am not certain what to assume about your experience with pleg, but this can get you started with something very simple and you can go from there.  If you don't already have the app, then get it.  There is a nominal fee and it is worth every penny. 

Create a trigger similar to my tBackDoorMotion.  It will ask for you a device and then similar to a scene setup.

tBackDoorMotion   Back Door Motion armed is tripped

then go to conditions and create a condition to trigger off of the trigger you just created

cBackDoorMotion   No   tBackDoorMotion

then, similar to a scene, you go to actions and you will see that cBackDoorMotion already has its own line and it is just waiting for you to add actions.  click edit and it will bring up a screen similar to the scene on the advanced tab.  In my example i am using prowl to send me a not, but it would be just as easy to add a veralert. 

Actions for Condition: cBackDoorMotion
Device Actions:
Immediate
Device   Action   Arguments
Push Notification   SendProwlNotification   Event=Back Door Motion Description=Back Door Motion Priority=-1 URL=

Offline Wenz

« Reply #766 on: July 15, 2014, 01:39:31 am »
I am not certain what to assume about your experience with pleg, but this can get you started with something very simple and you can go from there.  If you don't already have the app, then get it.  There is a nominal fee and it is worth every penny. 

Create a trigger similar to my tBackDoorMotion.  It will ask for you a device and then similar to a scene setup.

tBackDoorMotion   Back Door Motion armed is tripped

then go to conditions and create a condition to trigger off of the trigger you just created

cBackDoorMotion   No   tBackDoorMotion

then, similar to a scene, you go to actions and you will see that cBackDoorMotion already has its own line and it is just waiting for you to add actions.  click edit and it will bring up a screen similar to the scene on the advanced tab.  In my example i am using prowl to send me a not, but it would be just as easy to add a veralert. 

Actions for Condition: cBackDoorMotion
Device Actions:
Immediate
Device   Action   Arguments
Push Notification   SendProwlNotification   Event=Back Door Motion Description=Back Door Motion Priority=-1 URL=

Thank you for your help.  I got it working with PLEG and it makes only one announcement!  To make it work with Vera Alerts I just put the code listed in my earlier post into the Luup tab in the PLEG Action.

Offline copekyle

« Reply #767 on: July 16, 2014, 10:16:42 am »
SO forgive me for cross posting but I'm not getting much help in my own thread and it seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable people replying to this topic. 

I'm not sure where the functionality is lacking.  I'm using AuthomationHD on my phone and when I hit the panic buttons (fire,police,medical) it gives me a warning, I accept the warning and nothing happens.  Looking at my dashboard, I'm given this message "Vista Alarm Panel : RequestPanicMode not implemented."  How can I get these buttons to work?  I can trigger a panic from buttons A, B, and C on my micasa dashboard.

I spoke with the AuthomationHD creator and he said that panics are implemented in his program and that it works with his DSC panel.  Is the implementation different with AD2USB?

Offline jsams

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #768 on: July 17, 2014, 07:46:12 pm »
@copekyle

I am using imperihome with good success. Have you tried it?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #769 on: July 17, 2014, 10:15:02 pm »
But are you using the panic options with imperihome?

- Garrett

Offline jsams

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #770 on: July 18, 2014, 12:30:12 am »
Force, yes.

I can try it again but it is nighttime and I don't want to freak out the neighbors.

Offline copekyle

« Reply #771 on: July 18, 2014, 11:30:04 am »
I'm honestly not interesting in changing programs just for the panic.  AuthomationHD has been a dream to use and I have it on multiple devices.  If this is the only hiccup with the program, then I'll gladly just accept it and move on.  I'm just trying to make sure I'm not doing something wrong...

Offline Pseudomizer

« Reply #772 on: July 23, 2014, 01:20:01 am »
Any plans to update this plugin to support the new EVL-3 interface?

http://www.amazon.com/EYEZ--EVL-3-Envisalink-Internet-Honeywell/dp/B00EI69TAY/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406092646&sr=1-2&keywords=ad2usb

It states that they fully support now Honeywell systems. Instead of having to go with the distance limitation of USB, the EVL-3 could go over IP and make many peoples' lives easier.
Vera 3, RFWC5AW, 2 x LFM-20, FS20Z, 3 x YRD220ZW619KWKD, 2 x FI9826W, FI9828P, 2 x NEST Gen2, EVL-3CG, 11 x BR30, 3 x A19 Hue, Media Srv, 18 x ZW4004, 8 x ZW3003, 12 x ZW2002, IP2IR Cache, 2 x DSC24, ZWN-SC7, 4 x PIR-ZWAVE2, DSB05-ZWUS, RS100-HC, ECO-TILT-US, Ribu1C, 3 x GE12721, 2 x Echo, ZW078-A

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #773 on: July 23, 2014, 09:43:57 am »

http://www.amazon.com/EYEZ--EVL-3-Envisalink-Internet-Honeywell/dp/B00EI69TAY/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406092646&sr=1-2&keywords=ad2usb

It states that they fully support now Honeywell systems. Instead of having to go with the distance limitation of USB, the EVL-3 could go over IP and make many peoples' lives easier.

There is a plug in avaliable for this now in the app store

Offline tree68

« Reply #774 on: August 30, 2014, 08:03:49 pm »
Vera Dashboard reporting "Vista Alarm Panel: Connection Down" after installing Vista Plug-in.
Seems as if my "Vista Alarm Panel" device is not working.
Also Serial Port Configuration never worked.

History:
1. Have been using VeraLite for over 8 months with no issues.
    Have 3 devices assigned with no issues (Light switch, Garage Door tilt detector, Water leak detector)
2. Have been using existing ADT Pulse system for over 8 months with no issues.
    Have Vista 20P with 6160V & 6150 keypads
3. Recently purchased AD2USB so I could use this plugin to see my alarm devices within Vera.

On my Vista 20P, ADT installed a 5800TM & 5881EN for wireless access.
From Honeywell?s documentation:
       5800TM defaults to device address 28
       5881EN defaults to device address 00 (not sure if this is the 8, 16 or 40 zone version)

Using the 1-3 shortcut, I was able to verify the keypad address for my 6160V & 6150 keypads.
         6160V ? device address 16
         6150 ? device address 17

I checked Vista 20P values in *192 ? *196 (keypads 4-8 = device addresses 19-23),
all values returned were 00.

I have two 4-button keyfobs programmed in zones 50-57.
All 8 hardwired zones are used. (1-8)

Current:
When I programmed my third keypad (ad2USB), I used the unassigned keypad default address 18 (via *191).

After wiring AD2USB to the Vista 20P panel I was able to successfully connect the AD2USB to my desktop.
Using my installer code I was able to use the Virtual keypad UI program without issues.
Virtual keypad appeared and I was able to arm and disarm my alarm system.
I also verified it was set to address 18 and was using the recommended baud rate.
Also green led on AD2USB is blinking normally.

Problem occurred after I connected to Vera and installed the Vera Vista Alarm Plugin.

1. Verified number of Partitions set to  1
2. Changed TTL to 30
3. Changed keypad device address to 16, 17,18

These are three issues:

Vera dashboard is reporting several errors:
1.    Device not responding.
2.    They can be disconnected, out of range, or the batteries should be replaced. 1 devices are no longer connected
3.     No devices under serial port configuration

Also tried moving AD2USB to device address 19, same errors occurred.

Offline xuniman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #775 on: September 03, 2014, 08:04:53 pm »
Have you gone to the Develop Apps screen and set the USB serial port parameters to 115200, N,8,1?

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #776 on: September 04, 2014, 08:16:01 am »

Pseudomizer,

It sounds like EVL-3 support has been added with a new plugin. However, if you already have an AD2USB. I recently modified the AD2USB plugin to support ethernet / network connections using a raspberry pi as a bridge. See this thread for more details:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26672.0.html

Hugh
The HA "collection" so far: MiCasaVerde: 1x VeraLite, RTCOA: 3x 3M-50, GE: 1x 45606, 3x 45613, 5x 54614, Kwikset: 1x 99100-004, Intermatic: 6x CA3000, 6x CA600, 8x HA01, 2x HA02, 12x HA03, 2x HA04, 3x HA05,  6x HA07, 7x HA09, Honeywell: 1x Vista 20P, NuTech: 1x AD2USB

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #777 on: September 05, 2014, 04:03:38 pm »
Just a note from us at Nu Tech/AlarmDecoder - if you are looking to talk to your AD2 device over the network, our ser2sock is compatible with the ser2net connection if you run ser2sock in raw device mode  (-0 (zero) from command line)

Offline kapalowski

« Reply #778 on: September 11, 2014, 03:25:40 pm »
ABSOLUTELY LOVE this plugin, and wanted to thank all involved in the development and support of it.

I also wanted to ask, I have some Everspring water sensors in my setup, and was hoping to get them communicating with the ADEMCO alarm panel to set off the siren/alarm if any of them are tripped.

http://www.everspring.com/ST812.aspx

Offline chasiu

« Reply #779 on: September 16, 2014, 08:51:25 pm »
Hello everyone, I am a new user of Vera and just got the VeraLite last week.  Today I installed the AD2USB for my Ademco Vista 15.  My Vera is running 1.7.318 will not see the AD2USB device.  I tried to reload LUUP under serial port configuration with no luck.  I have been working on this for hours with no progress and hope someone may know what I should do.  I installed the USB driver on my laptop and connected and communicated fine with my alarm panel via the AD2USB with no issues.  Just I don't know why my VeraLite won't see it.  I installed the Ademco app 5 times with no change.

Thanks for your help!