We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362359 times)

Offline mcv.chris

• MiOS Official
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #780 on: September 17, 2014, 03:06:15 am »
HI chasiu

Will you please send an email  to support@getvera.com so we can help you ?

Offline helraiser

« Reply #781 on: September 17, 2014, 08:02:48 pm »
Chris, does this work on UI7 now?

Offline chasiu

« Reply #782 on: September 17, 2014, 10:01:29 pm »
HI chasiu

Will you please send an email  to support@getvera.com so we can help you ?

I emailed support, something was done but it did not seem to make a difference.  I can't get it to work.  It won't let me change the serial port settings.  Many of the settings shown in the guide does not even show up.  I am now going over 10 hours invested in trying to get this to work and not making any progress.  This is getting very frustrating.

Offline chasiu

« Reply #783 on: September 19, 2014, 11:13:54 am »
I don't know what to do anymore.  I downgraded to UI5 and it still won't work.  I can't configure the serial port!  It just won't see it.  The AD2USB works fine with my laptop.  Please someone help me.  I am ready to give up on all this. 

Offline pentium

« Reply #784 on: September 19, 2014, 01:14:20 pm »
And the usb cable is going from the ad2 to the Vera?

Offline chasiu

« Reply #785 on: September 19, 2014, 03:16:10 pm »
And the usb cable is going from the ad2 to the Vera?

Yes, I tried two cables.  And just for fun I tried to format and mount a USB thumb drive.  It formatted it but would not mount it.  Could there be something wrong with my USB port?

Offline pentium

« Reply #786 on: September 19, 2014, 03:49:23 pm »
yes, because if you just plug in a thumb drive, it sets it up for logging.  Which you should probably do as well.  Buy a usb hub and plug them both in when you get a new vera.  That was actually a good way to test that port, in my opinion.

Offline chasiu

« Reply #787 on: September 19, 2014, 04:10:23 pm »
yes, because if you just plug in a thumb drive, it sets it up for logging.  Which you should probably do as well.  Buy a usb hub and plug them both in when you get a new vera.  That was actually a good way to test that port, in my opinion.

Amazon is sending me a new unit.  I should get it tomorrow.  Did anyone else get a Veralite in a regular white box?  Just wonder if mine was a refurb sold as new or something?  I still can't get the the thumb drive to mount.  It just formats it.

Edit: Actually I don't think it even formats it.  I can put anything in that USB port and it will say it formatted it.  When I put the thumb drive in the computer it says it needs to be formatted.  It does something to it but nothing that can be read on my computer.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:19:59 pm by chasiu »

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #788 on: September 19, 2014, 05:47:44 pm »

Amazon is sending me a new unit.  I should get it tomorrow.  Did anyone else get a Veralite in a regular white box?  Just wonder if mine was a refurb sold as new or something?  I still can't get the the thumb drive to mount.  It just formats it.

Edit: Actually I don't think it even formats it.  I can put anything in that USB port and it will say it formatted it.  When I put the thumb drive in the computer it says it needs to be formatted.  It does something to it but nothing that can be read on my computer.

It is likely just formatting it to a partition type that your computer doesn't know how to read

Offline helraiser

« Reply #789 on: September 19, 2014, 10:38:06 pm »
There's another thread that details how to get the serial port working in UI5 - has to do with serproxy.ports file. Check out this thread:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,1471.0.html

It really works but you will need to have some *nix knowledge. If you install putty you'll be able to perform all those commands and get the serial port working. Best bet will be to contact support first though in case they can help.

Offline chasiu

« Reply #790 on: September 20, 2014, 12:19:50 am »
There's another thread that details how to get the serial port working in UI5 - has to do with serproxy.ports file. Check out this thread:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,1471.0.html

It really works but you will need to have some *nix knowledge. If you install putty you'll be able to perform all those commands and get the serial port working. Best bet will be to contact support first though in case they can help.

Support did not return my e-mails this time and they never pick up the phone.  Did everyone for every version have to do the same steps?  Why does it seem so many people have no problems and it just works?  I hope the unit I get tomorrow will work and start responding.  Are there any other z wave manufactures that support AD2USB?  I have not been very happy with Vera so far.  The lack of support is very disappointing also.

Offline helraiser

« Reply #791 on: September 20, 2014, 01:14:18 am »
Support can be a challenge and it seems slow coming - i finally got a reply to the email i sent almost 2 weeks ago. I suspect they get a LOT of email and it takes a while to get to them all. Anyway, I can walk you through getting AD2USB working in UI5 if you wish.

Hope the new system works for you though. Cheers!

Offline chasiu

« Reply #792 on: September 20, 2014, 08:56:39 am »
Support can be a challenge and it seems slow coming - i finally got a reply to the email i sent almost 2 weeks ago. I suspect they get a LOT of email and it takes a while to get to them all. Anyway, I can walk you through getting AD2USB working in UI5 if you wish.

Hope the new system works for you though. Cheers!

Yes please, I would love your help.  I hope I can get it working this weekend but can't get any official support from the company during the week let alone the weekend.  I plugged in the new VeraLite and it does not see anything attached to the serial port.  Should it see it even before I load the app?  Or is there some drivers on the app that makes it work.  The last time I tried it did not make any difference before or after.  Will your tips to get it working in UI5 work in UI7?

How do I get to the command line?  If I have some problems would you mind to access mine?  I can forward the port to my WAN maybe.  Oh wait there is no port, only a IP.  Not sure if that would work or not.

I downloaded putty.  Trying to log in now.  It says my password is wrong.  Tried the S/N and MAC.  Where is the password?

Finally in, I had to enable support in Vera and use the password it gave me.  And log in as user name remote and not root.

It sees it but why can't I modify the serial settings in the Vera?  Is there a way I can do it manually through the backdoor?  Here is what it says.  usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using rt3883-ohci and address 3

I didn't notice it was just an example and did this. (rmmod -f ftdi_sio)  Hope I don't need that in the future because I don't know how to get it back.  But you can see from the picture the USB device is there.  Why can't I configure the serial port under developer apps?  How can I manually configure it?  Is there a command for it?

I really thought this was going to be easy to add my alarm system.  All the reviews talk about how it just worked right away with no issues.  Why won't it work for me?  I can't even change the baud rate in the serial settings because it does not see it.  In a weeks time I have made ZERO progress!  This is so frustrating!

According to my screen shot does it see it but it is not mounted?  How do I mount it?

I just tried downgrading my AD2USB firmware with no change.  Is there a way to change the speed of the AD2USB and see if that would make the VeraLite see it?  I am trying everything I can think of.  Someone please help me.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:57:34 pm by chasiu »

Offline chasiu

« Reply #793 on: September 20, 2014, 02:14:38 pm »
Should I get this: RASPBERRY PI MODEL B 756-8308?  If I can get the Raspberry PI to see the AD2USB should I try to connect it to the VeraLite using the network?  Because it seems impossible to get the USB port on this green piece of crap to see anything. 

Offline helraiser

« Reply #794 on: September 21, 2014, 02:32:31 am »
Chasiu,

I was only able to get mine working with UI5 not UI7. I had to downgrade to UI5 which brought some problems of its own, all of which I've managed to get figured out now. If you're still at UI7 please work with the support ppl first. If you've downgraded to UI5 then here's what you'll want to do to get it working :)

1. type: lsusb <enter>
- this will list all the vendor and product id for usb ports and adapters on your vera
- the AD2USB will show up as 0403:6015, 0403:6010 or 0403:60xx. Write this down as it is your "vendor id:product id"
- if you're not sure which your AD2USB is, unplug your AD2USB and type "lsusb". Plug it in and type "lsusb". See which line was added. That is your adapter's info.
2. type: rmmod -f ftdi_sio <enter>
- we are removing the existing ftdi driver for the AD2USB. We will add one specifically for the AD2USB adapter next
3. type: insmod vendor=0x403 product=0x6015 <enter> (replace those with what you wrote down earlier)
- this loads the driver specifically for your AD2USB adapter
4. type: echo "ftdi_sio vendor=0x403 product=0x6015" > /etc/modules.d/65-usb-serial-ftdi <enter>
- this allows your vera to autoload drivers for the AD2USB even after reboot or power cycles. the original file just has "ftdi_sio"
5. type: echo "vendor:0403 product:6015" > /etc/cmh/serproxy.ports <enter>
- this allows vera 3 to see the new adapter as a serial adapter and adds it to the UI.

Credit for these steps go to CJ, an administrator on here. The only thing I changed is the vendor and product id. I also added an easier way to get your vendor and product id.

Again, this worked for me in UI5 and not in UI7. I tried it in UI7 and once i created the serproxy.ports file, the serial ports configuration screen just kept freezing.

Let us know how it goes.

Edit: BTW, all these can changes can be reversed if you need. "rmmod -f ftdi_sio" is like removing a driver in windows. "insmod ftdi_sio" reinstalls it :)
Edit2: Also, the /etc/cmh/serproxy.ports file doesn't exist at the start but you will be creating it in step 5 above.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:38:30 am by helraiser »