We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362686 times)

Offline chasiu

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #810 on: September 25, 2014, 03:27:10 pm »
Yes, PLEG is an app, and yes, you can do that and more with it. I have a PLEG that does exactly that. Think of it as a replacement for scenes, but with more flexibility.
I'm on TapaTalk or I'd link to the forum for it...

I didn't get PLEG but it suddenly started to work all on its own.  How does that happen?  So I guess I set it up correctly but Vera was having a stroke or something.  When I was out of town when the pet sitter disarmed the lights came on and off with the alarm system.  So strange that it just started to work with no changes from me.

Offline pentium

« Reply #811 on: September 25, 2014, 03:35:32 pm »
Thanks for letting us know.  Sometimes we just have to take yes for an answer.

PLEG stands for program logic event generator.  go ahead and get started on it now, it will change your vera life.  make certain you read the pdf at the first page of the really long thread. 

Offline chasiu

« Reply #812 on: September 25, 2014, 10:47:34 pm »
Oh, that is why I couldn't find it.  I was searching for PLEG.  I had no idea what it meant.  Thanks for the info!

Thanks for letting us know.  Sometimes we just have to take yes for an answer.

PLEG stands for program logic event generator.  go ahead and get started on it now, it will change your vera life.  make certain you read the pdf at the first page of the really long thread.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #813 on: September 27, 2014, 09:29:38 am »
The short answer is that setting up the virtual relays allows you to detect motion regardless of whether the panel is armed. I have all my wired zones using motion sensors, and it works perfectly. There's even less sensor "lag" when using the relays as the communications messages are shorter and don't require a response from the panel.
I got this working! I enabled the relays in the panel config through AD2USB, and then programmed the panel through the GUI in menus *79 and *80... works great. Thanks for your help.
One thing I did notice - if you are using relays, use a fake zone number that doesn't exist in the cheat sheet.   When I used the real zone numbers, I think the old "display based" detection code confused the relay trigger code, and the detections were sloppy and would seemingly get stuck in the tripped state.
With just relays specified along with fake zone numbers (100+), the activity sensors are instant - when I open the door, the action figure in the UI changes, and as soon as I close the door, it goes back to the closed state.
This is where I want to get to. I tried fake zone numbers (see attachments), but they did not restore instantly... they appeared to take about as long as when I had the real zone numbers in the cheat sheet. That, and the arm/disarm buttons went away... and now I can't get them back, even after restoring the cheat sheet. I didn't really use them anyway, but I don't understand why they're gone.

EDIT: They came back after a reload. I'm still curious how to achieve the bold part above! Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:49:31 am by DeltaNu1142 »
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline Fred S

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #814 on: October 01, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »
Hi. I just bought a new ad2usb (my old one died) and no matter what I do, it won't come up in the Serial Port configuration section of the Vera. I've rebooted, removed and reinstalled the plugin, and even reverted the Vera to factory defaults. I can access the ad2usb on my computer so I believe its working. Has anyone come across this before? Although my old one is no longer working, I was able to see it in the Serial Port configuration section so I know its not a USB cable or a dead USB port. Thanks.

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #815 on: October 01, 2014, 11:12:03 pm »
Rather than find the post in this thread that details it - over at the manufacturer website we have posted the instructions on how to get new AD2USB detected by the Vera UI's serial ports configuration.  Please see here:  http://www.alarmdecoder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122

This is due to a new USB chip from FTDI being used in manufacture.

Thanks,
Kevin
Nu Tech/AlarmDecoder

Offline clambert

« Reply #816 on: October 03, 2014, 01:28:38 pm »
1. type: lsusb <enter>
- this will list all the vendor and product id for usb ports and adapters on your vera
- the AD2USB will show up as 0403:6015, 0403:6010 or 0403:60xx. Write this down as it is your "vendor id:product id"
- if you're not sure which your AD2USB is, unplug your AD2USB and type "lsusb". Plug it in and type "lsusb". See which line was added. That is your adapter's info.
2. type: rmmod -f ftdi_sio <enter>
- we are removing the existing ftdi driver for the AD2USB. We will add one specifically for the AD2USB adapter next
3. type: insmod vendor=0x403 product=0x6015 <enter> (replace those with what you wrote down earlier)
- this loads the driver specifically for your AD2USB adapter
4. type: echo "ftdi_sio vendor=0x403 product=0x6015" > /etc/modules.d/65-usb-serial-ftdi <enter>
- this allows your vera to autoload drivers for the AD2USB even after reboot or power cycles. the original file just has "ftdi_sio"
5. type: echo "vendor:0403 product:6015" > /etc/cmh/serproxy.ports <enter>
- this allows vera 3 to see the new adapter as a serial adapter and adds it to the UI.

As a relatively noob to Vera, where am I typing this information in? I just bought an AD2USB and interfaced it into my panel (VISTA-20).  I'm having issues  getting my Vera to find the serial port per the directions.  As a result, I stumbled across this thread.  Where do I enter these commands? 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 01:40:42 pm by clambert »

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #817 on: October 03, 2014, 02:56:07 pm »
ssh to your vera and enter them at the shell as root

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #818 on: October 03, 2014, 03:13:17 pm »
Where do I enter these commands?
...using a program like PuTTY.

Offline pentium

« Reply #819 on: October 03, 2014, 03:30:56 pm »
My current ad2usb is just barely old enough to not need this, but i would like to go ahead and do it now while everyone is talking about it unless that would stop mine from working.  Will it?

Offline clambert

« Reply #820 on: October 03, 2014, 04:10:54 pm »

Thank you (and DeltaNu1142) very much.  It worked like a champ.  I'm able to arm and disarm the system through Vera.  Awesome Sauce!  Now just to do some searching to figure out how to utilize the attached alarm sensors and contacts into Vera.

Man I love this stuff!  Thanks again for the help.

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #821 on: October 03, 2014, 05:25:02 pm »
My current ad2usb is just barely old enough to not need this, but i would like to go ahead and do it now while everyone is talking about it unless that would stop mine from working.  Will it?

This fix only works for newer ad2usb - if you do this, you will have to do it again with a new one until Vera incorporates a newer FTDI driver.  Then this won't be needed at all.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #822 on: October 04, 2014, 07:59:13 am »
Here's a public thanks to djrobx and hugheaves for the info on programming the virtual relays in my panel... I finished up the last bit today & now Vera updates immediately when a zone is either faulted or closed.  8)

Offline clambert

« Reply #823 on: October 04, 2014, 02:52:34 pm »
Here's a public thanks to djrobx and hugheaves for the info on programming the virtual relays in my panel... I finished up the last bit today & now Vera updates immediately when a zone is either faulted or closed.  8)

At some point I want to do this.  I read through the post and while I'm starting to get comfortable with the panel I'm still fuzzy on what exactly to do.  I know you need updated firmware in your AD2USB too.  Hopefully someone creates a YouTube video at some point.  I think that will really help.  It does sound really cool though.

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #824 on: October 04, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »

At some point I want to do this.  I read through the post and while I'm starting to get comfortable with the panel I'm still fuzzy on what exactly to do.  I know you need updated firmware in your AD2USB too.  Hopefully someone creates a YouTube video at some point.  I think that will really help.  It does sound really cool though.

You do not need new firmware for your AD2USB, you almost never need new firmware for AD2USB - at this point we're only adding support for new panels and matching featuresets with ademco.  Other than some things I'm hesitant to talk about just yet and are a long time from now to come, you won't need to update your firmware.  2.2a.6 is stable and "feature complete"