We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362667 times)

Offline tomgru

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #825 on: October 07, 2014, 10:26:53 am »
I have been looking for the definition for the button commands on the virtual keypad.

The dashboard displays these buttons, Away, Stay, Night Stay, Disarm.

So does this mean that it will act like my physical keypad where,
Away = armed with delay
Stay = armed perimeter / motion disabled
Night Stay = does this mean the same as Stay but with instant alarm when perimeter is tripped?

Can someone confirm this as well.  thanks.

Offline cybrmage

• Beta Testers
« Reply #826 on: October 08, 2014, 05:42:05 am »
I have been looking for the definition for the button commands on the virtual keypad.

The dashboard displays these buttons, Away, Stay, Night Stay, Disarm.

So does this mean that it will act like my physical keypad where,
Away = armed with delay
Stay = armed perimeter / motion disabled
Night Stay = does this mean the same as Stay but with instant alarm when perimeter is tripped?

Can someone confirm this as well.  thanks.

Away = All zones armed, with entry/exit delays active for zones programed as entry/exit zones.
Stay = All zones that are programmed as Perimeter or Entry/Exit are armed, with delays active for entry/exit zones. Zones programmed as Interior or interior with delay are not armed.
Night Stay = Same as "Stay", except that zones programmed into the "night Stay" zone list (zone list #5) are armed, regardless of the zone type.

IE: you have the following zones:
Zone 1 = Front Door with door/window sensor - zone type = entry/exit
Zone 2 = Window(s) with door/window sensor - zone type = perimeter
Zone 3 = Basement motion sensor(s) - zone type = interior
Zone 4 = Main Floor motion sensor(s) - zone type = interior
Zone 5 = Smoke detector - zone type = fire

Assuming you have the panel programmed with zone 3 in the night stay zone list, the following sensor will be active:
Away: all zones active
Stay: zones 1,2,5 active
Night Stay: zones 1,2,3,5 active.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #827 on: October 08, 2014, 10:20:22 am »
Thanks!

Offline helraiser

« Reply #828 on: October 12, 2014, 01:28:16 am »
Does anyone know if the new chip in the AD2USB is now recognized in 1.7.388 or higher? Basically, does the serial port show up instead of freezing?

Offline djrobx

« Reply #829 on: October 13, 2014, 03:53:32 pm »
You do not need new firmware for your AD2USB, you almost never need new firmware for AD2USB - at this point we're only adding support for new panels and matching featuresets with ademco.  Other than some things I'm hesitant to talk about just yet and are a long time from now to come, you won't need to update your firmware.  2.2a.6 is stable and "feature complete"
Relay support for SE panels is relatively new.   Most of you with newer panels won't need an update to get that working. 

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #830 on: October 13, 2014, 05:42:05 pm »
You do not need new firmware for your AD2USB, you almost never need new firmware for AD2USB - at this point we're only adding support for new panels and matching featuresets with ademco.  Other than some things I'm hesitant to talk about just yet and are a long time from now to come, you won't need to update your firmware.  2.2a.6 is stable and "feature complete"
Relay support for SE panels is relatively new.   Most of you with newer panels won't need an update to get that working.

Quite true, I forgot we added that in the newest betas.

Offline Stefam

« Reply #831 on: October 18, 2014, 02:05:14 pm »
Hi all,
Getting NOTIFICATIONS for ARMED  ZONES is driving me nuts.  I've read all the posts, but still can't get it to work.

I'm running a VeraLite with UI7.  I've set up my virtual relays, made sure my cheat sheet is OK, and set my USB settings.  I get alerts fine when I'm not armed, but nothing when I am armed.  I do have the "Can't Detect Device" on the Panel that many of us seem to get in UI7, but I don't think this is affecting me as everything else seems to be working.

Steps Taken:
-Set up virtual relays on AD2USB
-Set up Panel *79 with Virtual Relays
-Set Up Panel *80 with Outputs on Alarm AND Restore
-Set up Cheat Sheet

I'm posting my panel settings and cheat sheet - Those of you who've got this working. please help.

Thanks

Offline jainanurag78

« Reply #832 on: October 26, 2014, 09:37:00 pm »
Chasiu.....great this approach worked for you. I have exactly the same issue and unfortunately I am not able to figure out where to run these listed commands (lsusb etc.)? can you or someone help?

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #833 on: October 27, 2014, 01:15:06 pm »
SSH to the vera as root and issue them there.  Tools like PuTTY help.

Offline djrobx

« Reply #834 on: October 29, 2014, 07:50:52 pm »
Getting NOTIFICATIONS for ARMED  ZONES is driving me nuts.  I've read all the posts, but still can't get it to work.
Hi Stefam,

I have a VERA2 so UI7 isn't available for me to test on.  I suggest SSHing to Vera, telnetting to AD2USB and confirming whether or not you're getting !REL messages for tripped zones (armed and disarmed).    That process is described here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,7266.msg71129.html#msg71129

That will give us a clue as to whether we need to look at the panel configuration, or the plugin configuration.

Offline hotwater9

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #835 on: November 27, 2014, 10:50:32 pm »
Thinking of getting a Vera EDGE but want to make sure this app works with UI7. Has the app been confirmed to work with UI7?

Offline MikeH

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #836 on: November 29, 2014, 04:47:59 pm »
I just ordered a AD2USB for my Ademco SE alarm system.  I want to hook it up to my VeraLite controller.  I know I have to change the address to 31.  Is there a
up to date step by step instructions for setting this up with Vera(including changing the address to 31)?

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #837 on: November 30, 2014, 02:39:25 am »
On page one of this post you can find a link with most of the info on how to install and configure the pluging. Here is a link for the setup of the ad2usb. also note that the newer ad2usb ships with a newer driver that you will need to configure in vera, there are some resent posts with instructions on how to do this.

edited to add instructions are on page 53 of this post
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 02:45:18 am by SteveZ »

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #838 on: November 30, 2014, 04:51:20 pm »
I just ordered a AD2USB for my Ademco SE alarm system.  I want to hook it up to my VeraLite controller.  I know I have to change the address to 31.  Is there a
up to date step by step instructions for setting this up with Vera(including changing the address to 31)?

To change the address, the easiest way will be to set it up on your PC first and change it there - we provide instructions for doing so with the device when you order it.   Once the device itself is configured, then you may hook it up to your Vera following the Vera instructions for this plugin.

For a harder way to do it, you can terminal into the vera and attach to the serial port with screen or any other serial application and set the address there.   The Vera UI has no way to configure the device.

Offline sgray

« Reply #839 on: December 01, 2014, 01:16:00 pm »
I just installed AD2USB with VeraLite on UI7 and connected it to my Vista 20P panel. I can Arm/Disarm successfully via the Partition, but I am concerned because it allows me to Arm / Disarm the Security System without entering a PIN code? For security purposes it should force me to enter the Alarm PIN before disarming or arming the system.
I didn't choose the option to 'Store PIN' on the Vera, and I've subsequently tried storing Invalid PIN codes (e.g. '0000') but regardless  UI7 via the browser, and the Homewave and Grasshopper Apps all allow me to Arm/Disarm the system without a PIN. Could the Vera have stored it automatically?? Any way to prevent this?

I saw options in the configuration guide for UI5/6 but it doesn't seem to be available in UI7. Not sure if this is a Plugin/Vera issue or AD2USB issue?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!