We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362457 times)

Offline Vandamme23

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #870 on: December 29, 2014, 10:48:35 am »
Sound - I will try to confirm your findings later today...

FYI - The reponse I received from Vera...

We?ve discovered an incompatibility in the usb drivers on the OpenWrt platform that is used by the Vera Edge.
Our colleagues from development are working on it right now and should release a patch and in the first weeks of January to fix this.

Offline sound-mind

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #871 on: December 29, 2014, 12:03:18 pm »
FYI - The reponse I received from Vera...

We?ve discovered an incompatibility in the usb drivers on the OpenWrt platform that is used by the Vera Edge.
Our colleagues from development are working on it right now and should release a patch and in the first weeks of January to fix this.

It isn't really an incompatibility, at least anymore.  I think they just need to add a few module alias lines for this product ID.  I can't speak to older versions of the firmware, but based on info above from other posters, and Vera's response regarding a release with a fix in December, a missing or otherwise incompatible module is probably already fixed.

Let us know how this work-around does on your device Vandamme23.

Update: Oh, and they need to pass in the correct command-line arguments to their serproxy binary, else do something similar.  They should probably fix the segfault but strictly speaking that isn't necessary as long as they pass in the right args.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:10:55 pm by sound-mind »

Offline Vandamme23

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #872 on: December 29, 2014, 10:40:25 pm »
Sound....  Using your post, I am able to see my serial port in the UI now...  I can configure it and assign it to partition 1...  But when trying to do anything using the device, it states the device is not responding...  I will try removing the app and reloading it...

Offline sound-mind

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #873 on: December 30, 2014, 10:21:25 am »
Sound....  Using your post, I am able to see my serial port in the UI now...  I can configure it and assign it to partition 1...  But when trying to do anything using the device, it states the device is not responding...  I will try removing the app and reloading it...

Did you set the serial port baud rate to 115200 in the UI?  Also make sure you list every keypad address in-use.  If either of those aren't correct it won't respond.  That was what was giving me the same error.

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/wiki/UI5

Offline MikeH

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #874 on: December 30, 2014, 03:36:44 pm »
I am experiencing the following when I was testing my new vista 20p and AD2USB: I had my alarm system set "Away".  When I entered I wanted to test my siren so I waited for the siren to go off before I entered my code.  I then entered my code.  The display said "Canceled Alarm" and the defaulted zone. I made sure the zone was closed and entered my code and off a few more times, but the "Canceled Alarm"  message wouldn't go away.  After 15 minutes it was still there so I using vera I pressed the Disarm button.  That cleared the "Canceled Alarm" message.  Is there a way to fix this?

Offline sound-mind

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #875 on: December 30, 2014, 04:01:45 pm »
I am experiencing the following when I was testing my new vista 20p and AD2USB: I had my alarm system set "Away".  When I entered I wanted to test my siren so I waited for the siren to go off before I entered my code.  I then entered my code.  The display said "Canceled Alarm" and the defaulted zone. I made sure the zone was closed and entered my code and off a few more times, but the "Canceled Alarm"  message wouldn't go away.  After 15 minutes it was still there so I using vera I pressed the Disarm button.  That cleared the "Canceled Alarm" message.  Is there a way to fix this?

When you have a faulted zone, does the backlight on the keypad displays stay on constantly, or does it turn off?

Offline MikeH

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #876 on: December 30, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »
The back light stays on and the it keeps flashing between the faulted zone & the "Alarm Canceled" message.  I punch my code in and the off button multiple times, but
it doesn't do anything.  Then when I use vera U15 on my computer and click on the "DisArm" button it clears it.

Offline helraiser

« Reply #877 on: December 30, 2014, 08:31:57 pm »
Is the AD2USB now compatible with UI7? Some of us couldn't get it working in UI7 - even by SSHing into the Vera. There was something in UI7 that prevented the port from showing up in the GUI. Unfortunately, can't stay at UI5 forever so I was hoping to attempt UI7 again, but only if I can control my alarm system.

Thx

Offline sound-mind

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #878 on: December 31, 2014, 10:19:21 am »
Is the AD2USB now compatible with UI7? Some of us couldn't get it working in UI7 - even by SSHing into the Vera. There was something in UI7 that prevented the port from showing up in the GUI. Unfortunately, can't stay at UI5 forever so I was hoping to attempt UI7 again, but only if I can control my alarm system.

Thx

Read up a few posts...

Offline sound-mind

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #879 on: December 31, 2014, 10:33:42 am »
The back light stays on and the it keeps flashing between the faulted zone & the "Alarm Canceled" message.  I punch my code in and the off button multiple times, but
it doesn't do anything.  Then when I use vera U15 on my computer and click on the "DisArm" button it clears it.

That sounds like the problem I had ages ago.The wiki for the plugin states these panels don't send a message when faulted zones are cleared.  So the plugin sends a "*" to get the faulted zone list to determine when it is cleared.  The problem I was seeing was that it sent the "*" about once a second.  I set the debug variable to 1 in the plugin settings and watched the log output via SSH to confirm.

IIRC I patched the plugin by hand, but eventually an updated plugin fixed it without a patch, but that was 18 months ago so you should have the fixed plugin. 

I would try the debug flag to confirm that is the problem, check all keypad addresses, then resort to modifying the plugin source code.

Offline topcho

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #880 on: January 02, 2015, 07:51:54 am »
I have been using this plugin for awhile now. To the developer- thank you!
I am trying to set up a scene that triggers a certain state, let's say "stay", which I need to reverse to the original after let's say 8 hours. The plugin panel shows 2 arrows for the reversing action with a delay but nothing happens after the time passes.
Has anybody been able to accomplish this?

Offline DeltaNu1142

Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #881 on: January 02, 2015, 08:22:02 am »
it doesn't do anything. Then when I use vera U15 on my computer and click on the "DisArm" button it clears it.
I had the same issue. Exactly as you describe above. If I want to clear the fault from the keypad, I enter my code and hit "Away" instead of off. I don't know why it works, but it does.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline Vandamme23

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #882 on: January 02, 2015, 09:31:24 am »
Did you set the serial port baud rate to 115200 in the UI?  Also make sure you list every keypad address in-use.  If either of those aren't correct it won't respond.  That was what was giving me the same error.

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/wiki/UI5
[/quote]

I made sure the baud rate was correct and tried to add the KeyPad Address, but the variable that was there is "locked" and won't allow entry...  I added a new variable, but not sure its working properly if its listed twice...  I can't add screen prints because the forum says the upload folder is full...

Edit: January 02, 2015
Ok....  I uninstalled and re-installed the plug-in.  I am now able to enter the KeyPadAddress, but it doesn't save.  I see it there after entering it, but when I navigate away from the advanced tab and come back, it is gone...

Edit: January 04, 2015
Ok...  Not sure what has happened, but the plug-in is now working...  The KeyPadAddress is showing the correct address, and I can arm and disarm the alarm...  I will now start testing some of the advanced features....
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:42:41 pm by Vandamme23 »

Offline reffr

« Reply #883 on: January 03, 2015, 10:56:36 am »
So...I have a Vera 3 and when I upgraded to UI7 the alarm functions still work except I have an error on the panel.  I cannot seem to get rid of the error (see screen shot).

If I click on Away the alarm goes to Away.  This is the only thing that isn't working.

Please help.

Offline ykamenet

« Reply #884 on: January 13, 2015, 10:13:43 am »
Any updates on the status of usb drivers issue patch for Vera Edge? There was a mention that it should release in the first weeks of January, so with today being about mid-January I was wondering if anyone heard any updates? I sent an inquiry to Vera support but haven't heard back yet.