We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362631 times)

Offline waynebrady

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2011, 02:40:26 am »
Great news! It is now working. But man, it took a lot of experimenting. There needs to be clearer and more straight forward instructions!

Here's what I did.. Changed the code to my installer code and got it working from my MAC terminal.

I was still not able to do anything through the Vera. I tried everything, but finally gave up and did a factory reset on the Vera. I reinstalled everything and it now works flawlessly!

Thanks everyone who helped me get this working!

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2011, 03:37:19 am »

OK now that everything is working, I am trying to get notifications working (without the help of mios.com).

I already have the LUUP code for sending an email off my mail server. How do I create a listener for alarm's change in status? What about faults?

TIA

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2011, 07:19:30 am »
Currently the plugin has events for Armed state changes (armed <-> disarmed), Detailed armed state changes (stay <-> night <-> ...) and Alarms. I plan on adding more events when I find the time.

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2011, 09:33:55 am »
Glad you got her up and running Wayne.
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2011, 02:33:48 pm »
Mcvflorin,

I see those under the notifications tab, but it requires me to have a mios account?

I'm trying to bypass mios completely and run luup code to send emails from my own mail server. Can that be done?

Offline Thinkfire

« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2011, 06:43:34 pm »
Let me try putting in my installer code to see if that works. I'll also look out for "sending.done".

I did press *191 10* for the Vista20p. Could I be forgetting to submit/save?

Thoughts?

I believe you want to press *191 01  (0 for disabling audio, 1 for partition 1)

Then press *99 to exit program mode

Thinkfire,

How did you assign 19 to AD2USB?

To get the addresss of the keypads, push 1 and 3 and hold. It will tell you.

If you want to change it, unplug alarm, disconnect backup battery and when you plug everything back in, press 1 and 3 to make adjustment.

I went in on my laptop, used Putty and changed it via instructions that came with the device.

If you have 2 keypads, like I did, its possible the installer assigned the second keypad to 18, so you would need to use *192 01 to activate a keypad at address 19 on partition 1

Offline Thinkfire

« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2011, 06:44:50 pm »
Currently the plugin has events for Armed state changes (armed <-> disarmed), Detailed armed state changes (stay <-> night <-> ...) and Alarms. I plan on adding more events when I find the time.

Will there be programming to trigger scenes with zone faults?  So we can take advantage of our alarm systems motion sensors and door contacts, fire alarms, etc etc to trigger scenes?

Also some ability to...code our zone faults would be nice.  IE:  Zone 07 faults, after programming your zones, Vera would instead tell you that Door In Living Room is faulting?

I currently have a cheat sheet so I know which zones are what sitting on my desk, but when I look at my statuses on my phone via Home Buddy or get a text message that a zone is faulting, I cannot always have a cheat sheet with me.  Some kind of table would be nice or something.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:48:18 pm by Thinkfire »

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2011, 07:11:54 pm »
I agree with ThinkFire. It would be great to make use of our current sensors to trigger scenes!

Offline Thinkfire

« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2011, 07:23:39 pm »
I ended up into this because I had a security system put in and I am deaf.

We had everything rigged up to strobes, including the doorbell.

Problem is the limitations of the system, from what I was told.

So whenever a strobe goes off, I cannot tell whether its the doorbell ringing, there is a fire in the house or whether someone broke in.

So I ventured out to a solution myself, having already had installed 30+ Z-Wave devices in my home, I ventured out to bridge the system.  My local alarm company said it couldn't be done.

With some research I came across AD2USB to trigger scenes when certain states are triggered (flashing lights, so I can tell whats going on).  However, if its, say a doorbell ringing, it triggers a fault which triggers a strobe but does not change the state of the panel, so I am not able to trigger any scenes to kick in that would help me know whats going on.

Hope that makes sense.

I imagine lots of people have motion sensors on their security systems they would love to integrate and take advantage of, so I would not be alone in taking advantage of any features that allow triggers based on zones.

I also gave the alarm company a brief tutorial on how I accomplished this and their jaw dropped.

This thing needs more attention amongst alarm companies and even partnerships, there is a missing niche here that could easily be taken advantage of.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:29:12 pm by Thinkfire »

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2011, 07:39:00 pm »
I have a Vista 10-SE and have installed the AD2USB device via the instructions here http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb

I triple checked all my connections and everything seems to be set up correctly, however, the Partition doesn't seem to be storing my Pin code or it won't accept it. When I don't put a Pin code in, I get a message in the top right of the Dashboard that says "Cannot arm/disarm without pin code". The keypad address is set to 31 (non-addressable keypad setting for Vista 10-SE's), the serial port is set to the AD2USB device installed on that port (#20 ftdi_sio) and the baud is set to 115200. I'm not getting any Status. I did a few reboots to Vera and my alarm panel. I also tried using the installer code but no dice.

Any ideas?

shep29
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:15:13 pm by shep29 »

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2011, 08:18:10 pm »
shep29,

Sounds exactly like what I just went through, except I have a 20p.

1. Make sure you enabled the keypad address on the physical keypad by going into programming mode.
2. if that fails, wipe your Vera and try again. i did that last night and it did the trick.

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2011, 08:40:30 pm »
From what I've read, the address field for a Vista 10-SE should only be 31 (non-addressable mode). Plus, in the programming guide for a 10-SE, there aren't any commands for enabling keypads.

By wiping Vera, you mean doing a factory wipe and setting up my entire Z-Wave network again?

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2011, 09:05:21 pm »
Factory reset. Make sure you backup, just in case.

But before you do that, did you use Putty to config your ad2usb?

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2011, 09:07:16 pm »
No I didn't. Wasn't aware I needed to do that. What needs to be config'd?

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2011, 09:11:44 pm »
You need to config the keypad address number and your installer code. Are you on PC or MAC?

If you read some of the more recent posts on this thread, you'll see the Visual QuickStart PDF.