We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 367310 times)

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2011, 12:06:39 am »
What Firmware version are you on?

@mcvflorin mentioned the other day that they'd introduced a file-upload problem into some of the later releases where ".lua" files were compressed (and in UI4, they should NOT be compressed).

See the reference here:
    http://forum.mios.com/index.php/topic,7750.msg53642.html#msg53642

Anyhow, I see that the one .lua file from this Plugin is compressed, and has the .lzo extension (the convention for pluto-lzo compressed files).  So my "next guess" is that you're running 1350 (or near-to), have the problem outlined in the post I've linked.

If this is the case, then you can probably fix the file-upload function, per the post, and re-upload.  If you want to do it manually, you can run:

Code: [Select]
    pluto-lzo d L_VistaAlarmPanel1.lua.lzo L_VistaAlarmPanel1.lua
and it'll decompress it (leaving the other file there also).

Of course, I could be completely wrong, but the next steps involve getting snippets of your /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log file during the startup sequence (after any "Save" operation, no need to constantly rebuild) and look at it for hints of what's really going wrong.  8)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2011, 02:14:35 am »
Hi Kevin,

guessed is correct, it's very likely that the reason for the Startup Lua failed message is that the Lua file is compressed. After replacing the old upload_upnp_file.sh (or decompressing the existing Lua file as per guessed's instructions), restart Luup and reload the Vera UI.

Offline kevinmrichardson

« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2011, 06:37:58 am »
fixed!!! thank you all... I am running 1350... I pluto'd the lua file as recommended and also removed the unwanted compressed lua.lzo file, restarted luup and presto... it asked me for the number of partitions, built the child device partition and let me enter keypad addresses!

Offline dratifk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2011, 07:15:59 am »
Glad to hear it you got it working. I knew someone would help you more than I could. This hobby sure has a learning curve. My neighbor spent 25K for high end crestron automation system. My system is less than 2K and I can do pretty much everything he can.

Offline realbass1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2011, 11:58:32 pm »
It's almost as if the partition is recreated or something- When it loses the keypad addresses, all of my notifications are deleted as well.

Does it happen at every Luup restart, or randomly?

It doesn't seem to happen at _every_ luup restart. I just loaded the plugin files again to see if something was corrupted during the upload. Still having the same issue. I'm going to try to get you some verbose logs the next time it happens. Thanks @mvcflorin

Offline realbass1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2011, 12:55:16 am »
@MCVFlorin
Attached are snippets from my log that seem relevant. Let me know if you need something else. Thanks!

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2011, 05:59:12 am »
@realbass1

I see that you are using an experimental version of the plugin, which was never finished. Please use the files from the attachment and let me know if you still have that problem.

Edit: It seems that all the attachment names are broken, at least for me. If you see index.php instead of the real name, rename it to something.zip.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:03:14 am by mcvflorin »

Offline realbass1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2011, 11:36:33 am »
@realbass1

I see that you are using an experimental version of the plugin, which was never finished. Please use the files from the attachment and let me know if you still have that problem.

Edit: It seems that all the attachment names are broken, at least for me. If you see index.php instead of the real name, rename it to something.zip.
Thank you @MCVFlorin. I don't know how I would have gotten that version of the plugin (I downloaded everything from http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/wiki/UI4). I'll push these files up and let you know if there are any issues in the next few hours. Thank you again!

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2011, 11:54:10 am »
Yeah, those URLs pointed to the wrong files, sorry for that. I modified them to point to the correct files (version 2.32).

Offline realbass1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2011, 12:04:40 am »
Yeah, those URLs pointed to the wrong files, sorry for that. I modified them to point to the correct files (version 2.32).

Not a problem. It looks like it did the trick! Thank you much!

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2011, 10:29:51 am »
@wseverino

Did you try the new 2.32 version of the plugin? Does it still slow down you Vera?

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2011, 11:28:32 am »
@MCVFlorin - So far so good with 2.32.
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2011, 02:50:28 pm »
I upgraded to 2.32 and it's not working. I don't see any status. See attached .jpg. I didn't change anything other than upload the new files from here http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/browser/trunk

***UPDATE*** I uploaded the zip files from @mcvflorin's post above (renamed it and included".zip" in the filename when saving) and that did the trick.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:59:51 pm by shep29 »

Offline rhoba

« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2011, 06:42:31 pm »
I need to upgrade my old Moose Z1100 security system was looking at the Honeywell Ademco Vista 21iP, which comes with an IP port (although I'm not sure how general purpose it is).

In my research I discovered Z-wave and the vera3 which looks very attractive.  Then I discovered all the great work that you folks in this panel have been doing integrating the Vista 20 with with the Vera2 via the AD2USB adapter.  So I have some fundamental questions, perhaps one of you would be kind to answer:

1) It appears that most of the security sensors and switches are available with Z-wave (but requiring batteries).   If I bought the Vira3 + appropriate sensors would a Vista20/21ip even be required?

2) If I purchased the Vira3 + Vista-21iP, does the IP port buy me anything?  Or would I still need the AD2USB adapter?   

3) I am a software developer, but so far unfamiliar with the MiOS / Lua / Luup development environments.   Any comments on how difficult (or easy) you find these environments to work in would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline dfad1469

« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2011, 09:28:50 pm »
1) Technically, no it would not be required. However, realistically, it is much easier to use an alarm system as an alarm system, and just have it send notifications to Vera. Anytime anything happens with my alarm system (arming, door opening, motion sensor, etc.) it notifies Vera. So the alarm system senors are just as good as Z-Wave, and much cheaper. Plus, I trust my alarm panel to protect my house much more than my Vera.

2) I believe the IP port is to hook up to Honeywell's proprietary system. To hook up at Vista-21ip panel you would still need an AD2USB adapter.

3) MiOS/Lua/Luup is a bit of a pain to work in compared to other established environments (Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.). There is very little in the way of debug support and everything is trial and error. That is coupled with the fact that the Luup library is sparsely documented (slowly getting better due to user docs, not manufacturer ones) and some of the interfaces are not well thought out (see my previous posts on their IO read/write weirdness). I have written a few plugins, so it can be done, but to answer you question, its a bit clumsy to use.