We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362829 times)

Offline rhoba

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2011, 10:40:50 pm »
@dfad1469

Thank you!

One more question, a bit more philosophical :)

I gather that the adapter software you are developing here emulates a keypad and then receives/interprets/sends messages to/from the Vista Control Panel.   So how much reverse engineering, guesswork and trial & error is necessary?  Are these messages relatively "standardized"?  Intercepting/emulating proprietary internal communications can sometimes be challenging as the manufacturer may not be very cooperative... and could make changes to the interface in the future that could make things very difficult (e.g. encryption).    Any thoughts as to how fragile this solution will be?

Thanks again!

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2011, 03:20:03 am »
Are these messages relatively "standardized"?

The AD2USB offers a good panel abstraction, so I didn't have to handle different panels differently. As to how easy/difficult it was to achieve that, this is a question for Sean (the maker of the AD2USB).

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2011, 02:17:07 pm »
Version 2.4 is up for beta testing, and can be downloaded here:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/browser/trunk

New in this version compared to 2.22:
+ Added 'Cheat Sheet' with the zone list and their labels.
+ Added creation of child devices for all the zones in the cheat sheet. When a zone is faulted, the device becomes tripped. This means that the zones can be used in events.
+ Added connection status monitoring, and an event for when the connection is down.
+ Added possibility to choose between Secure Storage and Insecure Storage for the PIN code. In the Insecure Storage mode the PIN code is stored in a file and it can be used for every action, not only to get the faulted zones. This is more convenient but it less secure.
* Now NumPartitions is 1 by default and the plugin won't complain that this variable is not set.
* Optimized the code.
- Removed faulted zones list (FaultedZones variable).

Limitations: To bypass a zone at panel level you still have to use the Bypass Zones field, bypassing the zone device won't bypass it at panel level. That's because unbypassing a zone is done by disarming the panel, and this has the potential to confuse the user and/or cause problems.

I attached some screenshots of the plugin.

Note #1: I recommend making a backup of the Zones variable after you finish adding all the zones, so you won't have to create the list again in case this variable is deleted.

Note #2: The firmware the plugin was installed on was in Spanish. Too lazy to put an English firmware on that box.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:59:04 am by mcvflorin »

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2011, 03:27:48 pm »
@mcvflorin,
Great work!  I'm really excited to take advantage of the child devices for use in events.  Also, thanks for the communication status indication...that seemed to get a lot of people when they unplug the AD2USB for adding other devices.  However, IMO, I don't think it should be displayed so prominently when there is not a problem.  Could it just be hidden when everything is good and displayed when the connection is down?  Not trying to nit pick...just my 2 cents.  I am very appreciative of the work you've put into this plugin.  Again, great work!

In reference to the cheat sheet and "Zones" variable I have a couple of observations/questions: 
1. The cheat sheet never seems to load when clicking on it for the first time (blank "Zones" variable?). 
2. I had a previous beta version (trunk-36) installed and had already started creating my cheat sheet.  It seems that after upgrading to trunk-38, I now have to start over.  Actually, it appears that you may have changed the variable name from "ZoneLabels" to just "Zones".  If that is the case, no biggy on recreating the list but I would like to know how to get rid of the "ZoneLabels" variable if possible?

One more thing.  What happened to the "FaultedZones" variable?  I was using it in my luup code (with plugin v2.22) but the variable doesn't appear to exist in the latest version.  Is there another way/variable that I can use to determine which zone triggered an alarm from luup code?

Thanks,
kbmcguire

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:25:49 pm by kbmcguire »

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2011, 01:22:26 am »
Could it just be hidden when everything is good and displayed when the connection is down?
That's easy to modify.

1. The cheat sheet never seems to load when clicking on it for the first time (blank "Zones" variable?). 
Yeah, that's a MiOS UI limitation. Hopefully this will be fixed in UI5.

I would like to know how to get rid of the "ZoneLabels" variable if possible?
You can get rid of it either by reinstalling the plugin or by modifying the user_data.

One more thing.  What happened to the "FaultedZones" variable?  I was using it in my luup code (with plugin v2.22) but the variable doesn't appear to exist in the latest version.  Is there another way/variable that I can use to determine which zone triggered an alarm from luup code?
I removed this variable as I thought that there's no use for it anymore. I'll modify the plugin to store the zone that triggered the alarm in a state variable.

Edit: I added AlarmZone variable which stores the zone that triggered the alarm. I also modified the UI a bit.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:54:10 am by mcvflorin »

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2011, 07:49:51 am »

@mcvflorin,
Thanks for putting the AlarmZone variable in but without the FaultedZones variable, how is someone to know what zone is preventing the alarm from being "Ready"?  What if I am trying to arm my system remotely but a sensor is bad and I want to bypass it, how would I know which zone to bypass?  I guess what I am saying is that I kinda liked the FaultedZones being displayed on the UI tile from version 2.22.  Is there another way we can display such information somewhere in the UI?

Also, as a test I unplugged the AD2USB adapter... nothing happened, no message and the ConnectionDown variable stayed at 0.  If I reboot I will get an I/O warning message in the top left of the dashboard but nothing on the alarm UI tiles.  In other words, same as before...Everything appears normal but interface not working.  Once I try to initiate a command, then I get the "Connection Down" message in the top left corner of the dashboard but I didn't see it at first because I was scrolled down the page.  I still think we need an indication somewhere on the alarm UI tiles, I just didn't think it was necessary to display "Connection Down: 0" when everything was good.

Thanks,
kbmcguire

Offline JOD

« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2011, 10:13:44 am »
I haven't installed the 2.4 files yet but can the "Connection Down" status be used as a trigger?

@mcvflorin,
Are all the new files UI5 ready?

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2011, 10:19:42 am »
I haven't installed the 2.4 files yet but can the "Connection Down" status be used as a trigger?

Yes @JOD, There is an event now for "Connection Down".

kbmcguire

Offline JOD

« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2011, 11:14:36 am »
Thanks @kbmcguire.

I have to say, this is my favorite plugin to date!

Side note.
So I have events for all the possible keypad scenario's.  Armed, Disarmed, Stay, Away, Instant  etc...(except ConnectionDown)

In the event of an Alarm, I have a scene that should be flashing my exterior lights. However, the lights come on, cycle once and stay on. I'm guessing the Alarm event is being sent twice? (which would stop the code and leave the lights on)

I'm now going to replace that code and use Ap15e's code for the "Blinking X-Mas tree"
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,5127.msg28520.html#msg28520

JOD.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:16:14 am by JOD »
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline shahhim

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2011, 12:56:45 pm »
What should I do to load the cheat sheet ? Its not loading

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2011, 01:00:42 pm »
What should I do to load the cheat sheet ? Its not loading
Just select another tab, then go back to the cheat sheet tab.  It should load the 2nd time. 

It's a limitation of Mios according to @mcvflorin:
Yeah, that's a MiOS UI limitation. Hopefully this will be fixed in UI5.

kbmcguire

Offline shahhim

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #191 on: November 23, 2011, 01:20:03 pm »
Tried other tabs a couple of times. Reloaded everything, still not loading

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #192 on: November 23, 2011, 01:30:00 pm »

@shahhim,
Are you seeing a progress bar that continuously scrolls from left to right?  That is what I was getting the first time I clicked on the cheat sheet tab but the look could be browser dependant, I use Firefox. 

Also, did you upload the J_VistaAlarmPanel1.js file?  This is a javascript file that appears to be responsible for creating the cheat sheet.  I would also make sure your browser isn't blocking javascript from running and maybe try a different browser.

Hope this helps.

kbmcguire

Offline shahhim

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2011, 02:23:34 pm »
Thanks @kbmcguire
@mcvflorin - you have done a great job !
I reloaded  J_VistaAlarmPanel1.js  but still unable to load the cheat sheet. Yes, I can see a progress bar that continuously scrolls from left to right but nothing happens even if I go to another tab and come back. I am planning to try another browser + recreate the device from scratch later today, when I am at home.
Regarding downloading all the 9 files, I went to the trunk @39, opened each file and selected "Original Format" at the bottom from the two options [Download in other formats:
Plain Text or Original Format ] and saved on my desktop. I just want to make sure that I am downloading it the right way or Is there any other way of downloading ? Once I used :"Save as" and it uploaded X_XxxxxXxxxx1.mht file format which obviously did not work and now I dont know how to remove those uploaded files from luup files
Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:32:41 pm by shahhim »

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #194 on: November 23, 2011, 02:34:21 pm »

@shahhim,
Here is how I've been doing it and it seems to be working.  I download the trunk files as a zip file, then unzip them on my computer and upload them to Vera all at once.  Note: I upload all 9 files even if some of them aren't updated.

To download all the files as a zip file at once, look to the bottom of the main trunk @39 page and click on "Zip Archive" below where it says "Download in other formats".

kbmcguire