We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 363027 times)

Offline BigDickMcGee

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2011, 08:31:37 pm »
I didn't have any luck with my Mac OS 10.7; gave up after several hours of frustration... ended up using a Windows XP VM with USB passthrough to perform the AD2USB actions you specify.  Was up and running on Vera soon after.

Offline mogul

« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2011, 09:02:31 pm »
As it happens, Sean saw one of my distress signals go up and we just did a GoToMeeting session.  We definitely found some problems trying to work with both the GUI and the firmwareuploader.exe methods on the Mac side, and I'll be putting them in Sean's issue-tracker.

However, similar to you, we fired up a Linux VM and we were able to update the firmware from there. Sure enough, I was able to control my panel mere moments later.

Cheers to Sean, who took time out to help a very stressed out guy on New Year's Eve!
:D :D :D

Offline mogul

« Reply #257 on: January 01, 2012, 03:10:58 am »
Alas, out of the frying pan and into the fire... I can communicate reliably via the terminal, but am having very little luck with getting the Vera plug-in to do anything useful. I've crammed my way through this whole thread, but I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong.

Summary of the system:
* Vista 20SE panel, with a single physical keypad.
* Near as I can tell, one partition. (How do I tell?!)
* Both the physical keypad and AD2USB are set to ID 31 (as expected for the "non-addressable" SE)
* Tested working via terminal connection and a2usbgui... Can arm and disarm system.
* Vera 2 running UI5.

What I've done to set this up:
* Installed Plugin via Apps > Install Apps
* That created two devices, "Ademco Vista Alarm Panel" and "Ademco Vista Partition 1"
* Both display as empty, with nothing on the Control tab except the text "Device Settings"
* Panel has "Advanced > NumPartitions" set to 1.
* I set the Partitions "Advanced > KeypadAddresses" to 31.
* I set "Apps > Develop Apps > Serial Port configuration" to 115200 baud, and set "Used by Device: " to the Panel.
* Made sure everything was saved. No changes in the two devices from the description 4 lines up.
* Rebooted the Vera. No changes.  Double-checked with PC that the AD2USB is still actively communicating happily with the panel.
* I ssh'd into the Vera, and stared dumbly at the .log file scrolling by with no real idea what information may or may not have been relevant.
* Then I ... well, nothing. I have no idea what to do from this point to debug it, so here I am.

I have *not* tried a factory reset, which seemed to work for someone... How destructive is this? Do I have to completely rebuild my network, or can I restore the configuration somehow?

Did I miss any steps? Anyone have other things to try, or steps I can take to help debug what's going on? Or up for looking over my shoulder via GoToMeeting?

Thanks in advance for any help, hopefully sooner rather than later... Per previous post, I'm leaving this location soon and won't be back for another month at least. It'd be torment for me to leave it like this, so close to joy!

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #258 on: January 01, 2012, 09:35:59 am »
Did you program the AD2USB with the keypad number? Just setting it up in Vera will not work. From the PC side do you see traffic messages across the AD2USB?
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline mogul

« Reply #259 on: January 01, 2012, 11:18:42 am »
Did you program the AD2USB with the keypad number? Just setting it up in Vera will not work. From the PC side do you see traffic messages across the AD2USB?

Yes, that's what this part was about:

* Both the physical keypad and AD2USB are set to ID 31 (as expected for the "non-addressable" SE)
* Tested working via terminal connection and a2usbgui... Can arm and disarm system.

Offline yr1

« Reply #260 on: January 01, 2012, 05:42:09 pm »
I upgraded to UI5  and seem to have found a couple of bugs.  I am using vera2, UI5, Ademco Vista 20P Alarm Panel  with access on a windows laptop.

1. When I include a new thermostat  the alarm panel stops responding ( the thermostats are included and are accessible). 

If I uninstall and reinstall the alarm system and reset the serial port  ( 115,000, 8 none 1) all is well again.

I'm not sure if the issue is that the serial port parameters or the plugin for the thermostat overwriting some code for the plugin. Thermostats are Schlage/trane ZMET400 

2. In UI5,  I am unable to include the Alarm panel as a device in a scene.  What I want to do is to set the alarm panel to "STAY" if the it is no armed at 12:00 at night.
When I create a scene the alarm panel is  inactive grayed out completely with a do not use symbol across its image. ( Other devices thermostats etc are can be added ) so it appears to be a problem with the plugin.

Any help on either f these would be helpfull

YR1

Offline Floor61

« Reply #261 on: January 03, 2012, 12:21:08 pm »
Question:  I would like to install a Leviton VRCZ4 or VRCS4 in my bedroom.  I would ideally like to have one of the buttons on the 4-button switch ARM my alarm system.  I can't easily add another keypad in the bedroom, and I'd honestly like to avoid having a full keypad in the bedroom anyway.  It's just that my wife and I usually forget to arm the system until we are in bed, and it is a pain to go back downstairs and arm it. 

I have a set-up and working interface between Vera and my Ademco 10SE using the AD2USB and the Honeywell Plug-in.  If I enter my code and choose "STORE," will this allow me to RELIABLY arm my system using a wall switch zone/scene controller?  I obviously could not re-enter my code every time I hit the switch. 

If I can, is the VRCZ4 or VRCS4 better suited to the task?  I'd likely use one of the buttons to control a lamp in the bedroom, one of the buttons to turn on/off ALL of my outside lights, and one of the buttons to arm the alarm system.  I'm not concerned about disarming, as this is obviously a security concern if it can be disarmed via this switch.  The fourth switch I will likely leave free and eventually wire to a to-be-installed motorized roller blind in our foyer. 

Thoughts on if this can be done?

Offline JOD

« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2012, 12:46:04 pm »
Question: I would ideally like to have one of the buttons on the 4-button switch ARM my alarm system.
Create a scene where Arming the system is one of the commands. Assign that scene to a button press or even set it up as a timed event every night, or both.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline Floor61

« Reply #263 on: January 03, 2012, 01:33:03 pm »
Question: I would ideally like to have one of the buttons on the 4-button switch ARM my alarm system.
Create a scene where Arming the system is one of the commands. Assign that scene to a button press or even set it up as a timed event every night, or both.

JOD.

Thanks.  I figured that was how to do it in theory.  I guess my biggest question was that assuming I enter my code and click store on the dashboard, that the plug-in will reference my stored code and send any signal initiated to the panel via the button press with the code as well.  It just seemed like I sometimes had to re-enter my code even after I clicked Store, and I wasn't sure why that was the case, and I figured it may cause issues in this application.

Offline JOD

« Reply #264 on: January 03, 2012, 03:07:33 pm »
From what I remember (as I don't have a functional system to do a walk through with you) is you first need to input the code at the dashboard device, then go to Automation / Scene setup and select the action (Arm / Disarm etc.) and then save.
IIRC, the password does not save at the dashboard device after the engine has been restarted, so each time you want to add an Arm / Disarm command to a scene, you'll need to re-enter the code at the dashboard device first.

But once you have the scene created and saved, the code is stored for that scene.

JOD.

I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline Floor61

« Reply #265 on: January 04, 2012, 01:25:15 pm »
Awesome info.  Thanks JOD.  I'll give it a shot when I get my switch.  Thanks for all your help.

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2012, 02:58:01 pm »
Early this morning while I was asleep, I received two event triggers of my alarm going into STAY and NIGHT mode by itself. I know because I had set up alarm detail status changes to shoot me an email.

Anyone ever experience this before? I recall this happening a couple of times in the past.

My don't store my passcode so I don't think it can trigger on its own. Is this the keypad acting up or someone is messing with my Vera? AD2USB?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: January 05, 2012, 12:13:26 pm »
There was a problem with the latest version published on apps.mios: the device file for the partition was missing. This caused some of the issues reported here. I added the file back and published the new version.

Offline mogul

« Reply #268 on: January 05, 2012, 12:39:06 pm »
That seems to have helped! I have a lot more in the two devices that were created:
* In the Panel device, I have a "Clear message" button that doesn't seem to do much (no message is showing except "clear message" on the dashboard).
* In the Partition device, I have a place to store a code, and six buttons for Arm mode, lettered macro buttons, an entry for Bypass mode, and a button for "Chime mode" (no idea what that does). The "Status:" displayed is empty.

I'm not sure if this is all I *should* be seeing... Does that sound right? Should there be something in the status field on the partition, or a message displayed on the panel?

I guess I'll have to wait until I'm on the premises to really try it out... I'm reluctant to accidentally cause an alarm when I'm not about to see what's actually going on.  Thanks for making the fix!

Offline billp

« Reply #269 on: January 05, 2012, 01:48:14 pm »
There was a problem with the latest version published on apps.mios: the device file for the partition was missing. This caused some of the issues reported here. I added the file back and published the new version.

Newbie here!  I must say the Vera3 is fun and frustrating at the same time.  The interface takes a while to understand.  The hotline has been fabulous in getting me up and running.  The one thing they could not get going was my Honeywell Vista panel.  Well now after a couple of days it is now working and now I know why! 

Thanks mcvflorin!!! ;D