We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362439 times)

Offline waynebrady

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #270 on: January 05, 2012, 02:59:44 pm »
There was a problem with the latest version published on apps.mios: the device file for the partition was missing. This caused some of the issues reported here. I added the file back and published the new version.

I've always gotten my files from the trunk here: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb/browser/trunk

Was that affected?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2012, 06:03:06 am »
Was that affected?

No, but the version in trunk is for UI4, so if you're using it on UI5 no events/triggers will be available.

Offline yoabear

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2012, 04:15:06 pm »
Hello -
I am running on vera 3 UI5 and something changed with the latest firmware update.  I am now getting this error.  However the serial port seems to be configured correctly...

???

Ademco Vista Alarm Panel[4] : Failed to open IO Port

Does this error occur only if the serial port is not configured correctly?  Or can it occur if AD2USB is not sending information correctly?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:17:40 pm by yoabear »

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2012, 03:22:56 am »
Hello yoabear,

Reload Luup and reassign the serial port to the alarm device. Just to be sure, after reloading Luup refresh the UI using Ctrl + F5, then reassign the port.

Offline yoabear

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2012, 04:48:49 pm »
Thanks - That worked!

Offline realbass1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2012, 01:28:18 pm »
First off... this is my favorite plugin so far. Thanks MCVFlorin- great job. I just have a question for those of you that are running it (and I'm not on the latest release yet - on 2.32). Has anyone experienced a weird issue where after an alarm is triggered, the alarm cannot be reset by a keypad? It can only be reset by using this plugin. I can deactivate the alarm just fine from the keypad, but making the alarm armable again (code+ "off" button ) after the alarm is deactivated is only possible using this plugin.

It could be something funky with my Vista 21IP panel, but it's only been happening since I've plugged the A2USB device in. Thanks all!

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2012, 02:43:42 pm »
I have noticed that as well. It seemed to happen after 2.21, but I'm not 100% on that.

Offline shahhim

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2012, 02:55:44 pm »
It has happened to me once also. My daughter could not disarm from any keypad and I had to disarm from my droid app. I thought my daughter was not punching in the code properly but she insisted that she was. Have not tested it out again

Offline billp

« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2012, 02:33:36 pm »
First off... this is my favorite plugin so far. Thanks MCVFlorin- great job. I just have a question for those of you that are running it (and I'm not on the latest release yet - on 2.32). Has anyone experienced a weird issue where after an alarm is triggered, the alarm cannot be reset by a keypad? It can only be reset by using this plugin. I can deactivate the alarm just fine from the keypad, but making the alarm armable again (code+ "off" button ) after the alarm is deactivated is only possible using this plugin.

It could be something funky with my Vista 21IP panel, but it's only been happening since I've plugged the A2USB device in. Thanks all!

Same here! good find! 20P

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2012, 05:54:39 pm »
I upgraded to UI5  and seem to have found a couple of bugs.  I am using vera2, UI5, Ademco Vista 20P Alarm Panel  with access on a windows laptop.

1. When I include a new thermostat  the alarm panel stops responding ( the thermostats are included and are accessible). 

If I uninstall and reinstall the alarm system and reset the serial port  ( 115,000, 8 none 1) all is well again.

I'm not sure if the issue is that the serial port parameters or the plugin for the thermostat overwriting some code for the plugin. Thermostats are Schlage/trane ZMET400 

2. In UI5,  I am unable to include the Alarm panel as a device in a scene.  What I want to do is to set the alarm panel to "STAY" if the it is no armed at 12:00 at night.
When I create a scene the alarm panel is  inactive grayed out completely with a do not use symbol across its image. ( Other devices thermostats etc are can be added ) so it appears to be a problem with the plugin.

Any help on either f these would be helpfull

YR1

I too am having this problem with adding the alarm panel as a device in a scene and was wondering if there is a fix. using vera 3 with UI5,

Thanks

Offline realbass1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2012, 01:13:16 pm »
Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one- was beginning to think that my Vista panel was going bad. For the developers-

I'm using Vera 2 UI4.

Let me know if you folks need any logs and such.

Offline mathewss

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2012, 11:38:49 pm »
 One possible cause is that only one person can be sending data to the panel at a  time. If you have two keypads in your house you probably already know what happens when you have two people trying to disarm at the same time. Someone usually gets told to stop so the other can disarm the system.

Even with the 15/20P where each keypad has a unique address the panel itself does not seem to think this matters and lumps all keypad entries into one fifo bucket. I have not tested this issue on a Vista128BP or high end commercial panel but its on my todo list.

If the plugin is sending data to the panel this will interrupt the arm/disarm process from a real keypad.

The most common offender is the programmatic send '*' to get a list of faults. This should only be sent when needed normally just after the system reboots or changes state such as during disarming the system. Once a '*' is send another does not need to be sent until said state change occurs.

I have looked at some workarounds. One would be to tell the driver if anyone is transmitting and let it decide if it should go into a sleep state or send anyway.  See related feature request  feature request .

The currently proposed feature should have no adverse effects on any drivers as long as they are following the current communication protocol. We are simply adding a new message to the API say !KEY:18  I would classify this feature as being trivial to add to the current beta 2.2a.5
but the beta still has a few glitches so its probably not going to be stable for a week or at most two.

Re
 Sean M

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: January 17, 2012, 07:22:50 am »
Has anyone experienced a weird issue where after an alarm is triggered, the alarm cannot be reset by a keypad?

The most common offender is the programmatic send '*' to get a list of faults. This should only be sent when needed normally just after the system reboots or changes state such as during disarming the system. Once a '*' is send another does not need to be sent until said state change occurs.

Can someone with plugin version 2.41 upload this file and see if this still happens? The plugin sends '*' only if the panel is in the Not Ready state, i.e. the flags ARMED_AWAY, ARMED_STAY and READY are not set. I think that when the alarm is active, none of the these flags are set, so the plugin sends the '*' character. I modified the plugin to send '*' only if the alarm is not active.

Offline billp

« Reply #283 on: January 17, 2012, 12:56:21 pm »
Has anyone experienced a weird issue where after an alarm is triggered, the alarm cannot be reset by a keypad?

Can someone with plugin version 2.41 upload this file and see if this still happens? The plugin sends '*' only if the panel is in the Not Ready state, i.e. the flags ARMED_AWAY, ARMED_STAY and READY are not set. I think that when the alarm is active, none of the these flags are set, so the plugin sends the '*' character. I modified the plugin to send '*' only if the alarm is not active.

I have a Vera3 and a 20P. I'm a newbie here so hopefully I did this right. I downloaded the said file to my computer and uploaded it and then restarted the luup which went fine. I then went to my alarm panel, created an error condition, went to my keyboard using my password and *, which I still could not clear the error. The only way that I can clear it is by using my fob or the alarm panel interface on Vera.

sorry, password and off
Bill P.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:04:47 pm by billp »

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #284 on: January 17, 2012, 04:51:50 pm »
MCVflorin-

Is it possible to make this plugin report faults PRIOR to disarming?

I'm trying to set up a sign to trigger prior to disarming and can't seem to get a fault reading from my front door.