We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362570 times)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #285 on: January 18, 2012, 05:15:18 am »
Is it possible to make this plugin report faults PRIOR to disarming?

Unfortunately this isn't possible. The panel must be disarmed, and the Press * to see faults message must be displayed on the keypad to be possible to get the faulted zones.

Offline mogul

« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2012, 10:59:08 pm »
That seems to have helped! I have a lot more in the two devices that were created:
[...]
I guess I'll have to wait until I'm on the premises to really try it out... I'm reluctant to accidentally cause an alarm when I'm not about to see what's actually going on.  Thanks for making the fix!

I wound up back on the premises today, sooner than I thought, so I was able to try it out for the first time since the fixed UI5 version was posted. Initially I found the partition buttons were having no effect, and my hopes fell. At some point (maybe after simply checking and reconfirming the serial port settings) I suddenly found it was working... Tremendously exciting! Tried it out from Home Buddy on my phone and found it worked there as well. Great!

I noticed that it *stops* working occasionally, then starts working again later. I'm not sure if this is something to do with the stored code being cleared, me editing rooms/scenes/triggers, etc. or if it's losing the open serial port and reopening it. At one point I'd pressed the Arm button, and saw no response, then was sitting next to the panel a few minutes later when it suddenly starting beeping as it armed! I scrambled to the web UI to try disarming it from there before using the physical keypad... and it worked! It seems like there was some kind of buffering of the commands that went through once it re-established control. That's worrying... I'd rather get an error message than to have the command buffered. Unfortunately I don't remember what I was doing before that which might have caused it to start working.

Note I'm on UI5, and I also found I was unable to use the alarm partition in a scene... It's got a greyed circle with a slash on it. Reading back I saw this post:

I upgraded to UI5  and seem to have found a couple of bugs.  I am using vera2, UI5, Ademco Vista 20P Alarm Panel  with access on a windows laptop.

1. When I include a new thermostat  the alarm panel stops responding ( the thermostats are included and are accessible). 

If I uninstall and reinstall the alarm system and reset the serial port  ( 115,000, 8 none 1) all is well again.

I'm not sure if the issue is that the serial port parameters or the plugin for the thermostat overwriting some code for the plugin. Thermostats are Schlage/trane ZMET400 

2. In UI5,  I am unable to include the Alarm panel as a device in a scene.  What I want to do is to set the alarm panel to "STAY" if the it is no armed at 12:00 at night.
When I create a scene the alarm panel is  inactive grayed out completely with a do not use symbol across its image. ( Other devices thermostats etc are can be added ) so it appears to be a problem with the plugin.

I think that yr1 and I are seeing the exact same issues!

In case anyone wants to do some live debugging (via GoToMeeting and ssh), I'll be here for about another 14 hours.

(For the record, I'm trying to make a scene that disarms the alarm when a valid PIN code is entered at the front door lock.)

Offline JOD

« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2012, 11:11:38 pm »
Note I'm on UI5, and I also found I was unable to use the alarm partition in a scene

No, but the version in trunk is for UI4, so if you're using it on UI5 no events/triggers will be available.

There are no triggers in yesterday's beta either, hopefully it gets addressed for the next release.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #288 on: January 23, 2012, 11:48:43 am »
@mogul

When creating a scene open the Advanced tab and add the action like in the attachment. You must use the advanced scene editor because UI5 has simplified creating scenes for basic devices at the expense of creating scenes for complex plugins.

Offline mogul

« Reply #289 on: January 23, 2012, 12:52:48 pm »
When creating a scene open the Advanced tab and add the action like in the attachment. You must use the advanced scene editor because UI5 has simplified creating scenes for basic devices at the expense of creating scenes for complex plugins.

Well, at least there's a way! How can I find out what other values could go in the State parameter? (I'm assuming the opposite is Armed, but you never know...)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: January 23, 2012, 01:01:02 pm »
Look in this table here: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb#Onthedashboard
Excepting Ready and NotReady, all the values there can be use for the State parameter.

Offline mogul

« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2012, 01:03:56 pm »
Look in this table here: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb#Onthedashboard
Excepting Ready and NotReady, all the values there can be use for the State parameter.

So shouldn't Disarmed be listed there too?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2012, 01:10:56 pm »
Actually that table doesn't list all the possible values for the State variable, it lists only the states the panel can be in (the Status variable). When the panel is Disarmed it's either Ready or Not Ready.

Offline mogul

« Reply #293 on: January 23, 2012, 01:15:12 pm »
Actually that table doesn't list all the possible values for the State variable, it lists only the states the panel can be in (the Status variable). When the panel is Disarmed it's either Ready or Not Ready.

Right, I figured that, just trying to point out that this isn't really a reference for doing the advanced setup... Maybe there needs to be documentation, explicitly in the UI, not just for this particular plugin, but for everything exposed when doing an advanced edit.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: January 23, 2012, 01:21:12 pm »
I agree about the documentation and it's on my TODO list.

Offline realbass1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #295 on: January 23, 2012, 04:23:19 pm »
Is the plugin on code.mios.com the latest version? I'd like to upgrade to the latest version to see if some of my issues (not being able to arm my panel from a keypad after an alarm has been triggered and now... alarm arming itself randomly)

Thank you folks.

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2012, 01:44:45 am »
If they are 58XX rf sensors then its easy using RFX messages. If they are hard wired zones on a zone expander then again its easy with EXP messages. If they are hard wired directly to the panel then with some work yes. You can use the Virtual Relay Expander and program the alarm to trip the virtual relay ON/OFF when you open / close the zone and listen for REL messages.

Now we know what will be the new feature in the next plugin version. :)

So there is no way to do this now with 5800 series sensors, have to wait for it in an update?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2012, 05:08:46 am »
So there is no way to do this now with 5800 series sensors, have to wait for it in an update?

I'm afraid this update won't come anytime soon. Got a couple of plugins to update/make first.

Offline gelert

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2012, 10:19:16 am »
Hi all,

I was thinking about getting "Total Connect", but this seems like a great alternative.  I have a Vista panel but not the AD2USB or Vera.  Based on reading this thread, it seems that:
1. Getting Vera+AD2USB would cost more upfront and take some more tinkering
2. Vera+AD2USB would cost a lot less ongoing (relative to say $20/month for Total Connect)
3. Vera+AD2USB can do everything Total Connect can do and a lot more

Thanks for any insight,
Peter

Offline JOD

« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2012, 12:00:50 pm »
So shouldn't Disarmed be listed there too?
@mcvflorin, I'm seeing "Disarmed" in two areas. "Armed state" where Armed and Disarmed can be used as triggers, and under "Armed detailed state" where Disarmed does not function as a trigger.

Since Disarmed is not an Armed detailed state, should we remove the reference from that area?

JOD
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:17:50 pm by JOD »
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.